Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.42 - 512votes)

Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan

Alt Names: alt Chivalry of a Failed Knightalt 落第騎士の英雄譚alt La Caballerosidad de un Fracasado Caballeroalt Rakudai Kishi no Cavalryalt The Heroic Tales of the Failure Knightalt Доблесть рыцаря-неудачника
Author: Misora Riku
Artist: Soramichi Megumu
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a time and place where one’s soul can be morphed into a weapon, there are modern-day magicians called Mage-Knights. Although Kurogane Ikki is a student at an institution that trains Mage-Knights, he has no particular talent in magic and is labeled the "Failure Knight" or "Worst One." Getting way less than average marks in the scorings, he was forced to repeat a year. But with the arrival of a new head of the institution, a new rule was created: knights whose abilities are compatible, as decided by the board, must share rooms and attend practice and training together throughout their school years to bring up their abilities to the max. It is a rule to implement the absolute verdict of ability.

Ikki’s roommate, Stella Vermillion, turns out to be a princess of another foreign country. Stella is a Rank A knight: the type of genius in magic who only appears once a decade. When Ikki walked in on her while she was changing her clothes, it caused a huge misunderstanding (since neither yet knew of the new rule) which eventually ended up in a duel between the two of them. The punishment (or as some might see it, the prize) of the losing side is Eternal Submission to the winning side.

Forced to live the same room and practice magic together throughout all their school years, how will Stella and Ikki’s relationship evolve?

This manga is an adaptation of the light novel series written by Misora Riku and illustrated by Won.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=109987
Go to Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic LN Link New Window Aizawa
  • 1 Replies
Topic This reminds you of something? New Window mrponeis
  • 3 Replies

1204 Comments

Seeing Ikki and Stella's relationship advance step by step is the best part of Rakudai haha. Go Ikki! He's a true step above the rest of those lame shounen protags.

Seeing ANY real relationship progress is the best part. Most series that rely on that aspect to help drive itself (or supplement/complement it) tend to fall back onto "Status Quo is God" unless the plot (or ratings...) demand it.

Rakudai was a bloody breath of fresh air compared to the more typical stuff. (Like Asterisk. I still can't believe Asterisk was 2-cour/-seasons while Rakudai still only has one. Rakudai was/is the better of the two, IMHO. If anything, I sense more conviction and meaning in the dialogue for Rakudai. Asterisk was pretty meh and standard fair writing for the genre. At least coming from the anime.)

This is the most open and realistic relationship I've seen in a manga besides Jitsu Was Watashi Wa.

Holding hands?! IN PUBLIC?! T-Too Lewd...

Th-they're perverts!

Seeing Ikki and Stella's relationship advance step by step is the best part of Rakudai haha. Go Ikki! He's a true step above the rest of those lame shounen protags.

Holding hands?! IN PUBLIC?! T-Too Lewd...

For a moment I thought that was a girl. 

So Alice is a bad guy? That's kind of a lame twist.

Spoiler

Now you mentioned it. But I'm still wishing for sequel with current story line and of course well improved than its prequel.

I don't know... I mean, it's cute love story and frankly average battle shonen, so how would it benefit from sequel?

It'll all be explained within the adapted volume's story. So about... 5 or 6 chapters, I think.

5 or 6? that's at least half a year.... maaaaan

Glad to see that the manga isn't going to end just like that as a promotional means for the novel.

I mean, it's still promotional and all but, you know what I mean...

Deeper than the anime, even i see something thats not in the novel

Now you mentioned it. But I'm still wishing for sequel with current story line and of course well improved than its prequel.

It'll all be explained within the adapted volume's story. So about... 5 or 6 chapters, I think.

I'm not going to assume anything. Working for a bad guy? Yes, but for what reasons? Also the author has always hinted that Alice isn't to be trusted, so it's not a twist, just a plot line he's been foreshadowing through the first arc come full circle.

I mean, weren't the "sword" supposed to be a representation of their hearts? something like that?

He has a "shadow dagger".. I mean.. yeah haha

Spoiler

Did they skip a chapter? It feels like they skipped a chapter.

I'm not going to assume anything. Working for a bad guy? Yes, but for what reasons? Also the author has always hinted that Alice isn't to be trusted, so it's not a twist, just a plot line he's been foreshadowing through the first arc come full circle.

Deeper than the anime, even i see something thats not in the novel

Ain't no one to blame you if you prefer fanservice(aka "the ending") over a nice song accompanied by a minimalistic animation stile, because that's all up to you...

How is this minimalistic animation?

Nagi what? Sorry, did I miss something or did they just put some random guy over there to be big bad guy dramatically revealing his mask before the readers?

Spoiler

Nagi what? Sorry, did I miss something or did they just put some random guy over there to be big bad guy dramatically revealing his mask before the readers?

Ain't no one to blame you if you prefer fanservice(aka "the ending") over a nice(? :P) song accompanied by a minimalistic animation stile, because that's all up to you...
Anyway, even if I also like the OP by far, the other guy was wrong to say what he said about the ED, I may not like something but that doesn't mean there's nobody out there that could actually like that exact thing...

TL;DR: Everyone's their own tastes... :3

Thanks for the chapter, guys!!

I never said I liked the ED either (which is easier to avoid)

The OP itself isn't so bad. They just should have gotten a guy who could actually sing (a pass-ish at karaoke lvl does not = commercially acceptable & no this not about the japlish)╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻ At least get better sound engineers sheesh

tl;dr didn't particularly like OP or ED but the guy in OP gave me auditory cancer.

I also got similar thought when I read Akatsuki. xD

>new organization of villains revealed at the end of the chapter titled "Akatsuki"

What is this, Naruto?

Good as in so bad it's comedic?

Spoiler

Ain't no one to blame you if you prefer fanservice(aka "the ending") over a nice song accompanied by a minimalistic animation stile, because that's all up to you...
Anyway, even if I also like the OP by far, the other guy was wrong to say what he said about the ED, I may not like something but that doesn't mean there's nobody out there that could actually like that exact thing...

TL;DR: Everyone's their own tastes... :3

Thanks for the chapter, guys!!

OP was good, ED was shit.

Good as in so bad it's comedic?

Spoiler

Akatsuki = red dawn, doesn't it? =/ Unless the kanji means something different in this case.

Depends on the writing. Tsuki can also mean moon, so it could also mean red moon.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics