Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.66 - 64votes)

Hive

Alt Names: alt 하이브
Author: Kim Gyu-Sam
Artist: Kim Gyu-Sam
Genres: Action ActionHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenWebtoon Webtoon[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: ====Batoto Staff Notice====
This comic has been requested to be taken down by Naver. Do not upload, for any language.
This record has been left here to serve as a notice.
===========================
Go to Hive Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hive latest chapters and discussions (Spoiler Alert) New Window WooHoo
  • 1 Replies

86 Comments

About the Oxygen:

Spoiler

Also, I wouldn't want to be the one lighting a match or firing a regular bullet with high O2 levels around.

It's still a question being asked by the Korean readers as well. Hopefully the author will come up with something.

The answer is always Waka Waka

I bet the director made his way in the only safe spot, closed the door behind him and hidden when shit was going down, I'm sure he will try to take the larvae from MC when they understand bugs let alone who have it.

There was a period in earth's history that had abnormally high oxygen levels in the atmosphere. This was caused by the abnormally high plant mass making oxygen from photosynthesis. It is thought that much of the carbon used to create this plant mass is now stored in limestone, marble, and fossil fuels. This makes it unlikely that such a period would happen again, but we don't know for sure. Certainly, such a change would occur over eons, not decades.

It's still a question being asked by the Korean readers as well. Hopefully the author will come up with something.

Not necessarily that straightforward. For instance, plants actually need oxygen as well; they may capture energy through photosynthesis (and mass--the carbon has to go somewhere :'p), but they also use the reserves they've made with pretty much the same reaction we do, turning oxygen back into energy and carbon dioxide. (When plants stop growing--for those that do--they basically maintain equilibrium)

A google for "optimal atmosphere for plant growth" suggests that it is true that most plants grow faster in a higher concentration of carbon dioxide, but that that assumes no additional secondary and tertiary environmental effects and is an unreliable expectation for large-scale global change.

In my distinctly unprofessional opinion, I would expect any such change to subtly upset the ecosystem in the medium-short term, which would have very varying and local effects on plant population, not universal rapid growth.

P.S. To be clear, I'm not suggesting the OP is wrong... especially in saying that the manhwa's premise is ludicrous. It is. I think we can all agree increased oxygen levels is not a good replacement for Miracle Grow.

There was a period in earth's history that had abnormally high oxygen levels in the atmosphere. This was caused by the abnormally high plant mass making oxygen from photosynthesis. It is thought that much of the carbon used to create this plant mass is now stored in limestone, marble, and fossil fuels. This makes it unlikely that such a period would happen again, but we don't know for sure. Certainly, such a change would occur over eons, not decades.

Oh come on, everyone knows that too boost plants growth the increase in CO2 is required, not the oxygen :/

Not necessarily that straightforward. For instance, plants actually need oxygen as well; they may capture energy through photosynthesis (and mass--the carbon has to go somewhere :'p), but they also use the reserves they've made with pretty much the same reaction we do, turning oxygen back into energy and carbon dioxide. (When plants stop growing--for those that do--they basically maintain equilibrium)

A google for "optimal atmosphere for plant growth" suggests that it is true that most plants grow faster in a higher concentration of carbon dioxide, but that that assumes no additional secondary and tertiary environmental effects and is an unreliable expectation for large-scale global change.

In my distinctly unprofessional opinion, I would expect any such change to subtly upset the ecosystem in the medium-short term, which would have very varying and local effects on plant population, not universal rapid growth.

P.S. To be clear, I'm not suggesting the OP is wrong... especially in saying that the manhwa's premise is ludicrous. It is. I think we can all agree increased oxygen levels is not a good replacement for Miracle Grow.

Hmm, so they didn't attack him because of the larvae hanging from his arm?

Next up: making disguises outta the little basterds.

"I can't die... my family" Pfft, they're dead, Jim.

Also, not that it's very hard to predict this but... That director Choi guy is soooooo going to betray him in some way.

He was a greedy douche that climbed the ladder with no skills, just good social skills. There's no way he's not going to use our MC in an attempt to run somewhere.

Also... That nail, and those hands... It's going to burn when you're going to be out of adrenaline.

I saw a movie with a similar concept, i liked movie, shall follow this to see were it goes

Gyo ?

Hopefully the two  groups who are translating the same chapters will work togther instead of stubbornly waste the precious resource of their time.

I saw a movie with a similar concept, i liked movie, shall follow this to see were it goes

Dang, the tension's escalating rapidly as hell.

Thanks EGS!

wow, its thrilling as hell

shoulda be a nice read, thanks EGS

Looks cool.

When was this comic made? Because I've seen a movie similar to this.

Edit: Found it! Although this comic seems to be going in a more serious direction.

Spoiler

Oh come on, everyone knows that too boost plants growth the increase in CO2 is required, not the oxygen :/

Korean Starship Troopers? Huh.

Also, what kind of effect increased oxygen should have on people in general?, is also a good question that should be dealt with in the manhwa, properly i hope, and not just forgotten.

Stabbed in the stomach with a giant sting. Still not die. This guy looks like he's resistant to whatever shit will happen afterward.

Because normal larvae isnt big enough...

Uh oh... both EGS and Twisted Hell Scans are doing this.

Lost planet 3 : Korea edition?.... 

Meh, followed worse.

I will give this Korean zombie thing a chance.  I hope the people in it, gain powers as well.

looks like walking dead with giant insects...i'm down with this

Post-apocalpytic world... "It's just like walking dead!"

Tired of this shit.

Just putting it out there that "Gwajang" isn't the dude's name. 

It's his position in the company as a manager (과장)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics