Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.07 - 104votes)

Black God

Alt Names: alt 黒神alt Kurokami
Author: Im Dal-Young
Artist: Park Sung-Woo
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaMartial Arts Martial ArtsRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Wending his way home after a bender one evening, master moocher and game programmer Keita Ibuki decides to satisfy a craving for ramen at a noodle stand. Instead of slurping soup, though, he surrenders his meal to a manic girl who, unbeknownst to Keita, is a Mototsumitama, a guardian of the coexistence equilibrium. When his new acquaintance is attacked, Keita gets caught in the crossfire and loses an arm. Awakening from the shock of his injury, Keita finds himself back in his apartment... arm intact! But just whose arm is it?! Asking the strange girl raiding his refrigerator reveals only that Keita's life has become a great deal more complicated.
Go to Black God Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Current status New Window Aurega
  • 8 Replies
Topic Black God (Kurokami) Current/Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Aurega
  • 0 Replies

108 Comments

@Esquire
You can always check the progress here: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/7482-current-status/
Update please.
Lmao, i didn't bother to look who the author was, and after a few chapters through and really liking what I was reading, I am surprised this is young's work.
We really need an edit posts function here...
Anyways, I made a status thread and intend to keep it up to date as long as I'm on the project. Check it for the latest status of the next release!

Also feel free to discuss it a little and rate it too!
Sorry Asura, this is the only Im Dal Young manga that doesn't focus on fanservice.
Hence it's the only good one xD
LET THERE BE HALF-NAKED CHICKS FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!! D:<

(Naked boobs are appreciated and preferred).
Just buy this awesom manga on amazon. :)
Sadly vol. 8 its out of stock. ;_;
Our current translator is only a temporary for this project who is mainly working on other projects. So for fast releases we at S2S could really use a dedicated Japanese to English translator that is familiar with the series.
Ch 90 is past the script phase contingent on the editors, it should be released shortly.
http://s2scanlations.com/forum.php
I thank thee, S2Scans & Random Scanlations, for this delicious update.
Honestly, I'm crying manly tears of joy right now.
Is that a update i see before me?
(sorry i suddenly had the urge to say something in shakespearean)
Nice! Thanks for firing this one back up!
Yep, hope you guys enjoy the release!
Oh it's picked up again?
is this good?

Spoiler
says here 19 volumes: http://myanimelist.net/manga/982/Kurokami
So i guess you mean 3 chapters were left in Japan (now its finished), but the translation is no where near that.
woot thx for the update finally
@Buggs
This is nowhere near as bad as some other series, but the main problem is that the manga is licensed in the US, which prevents US-based scanlation groups to work on it.
The language does pose a challenge at times though, but it's nowhere near as bad as series which has characters that use old Japanese etc.
a nice manga,it may be a good thing that it will end with the 19th vol, I have up to 17 vol (I live in France,soon will be released the 18th) and with all the revelations we have read, the story can't drag on too much (too much power-ups like in naruto would have the same effect = killing the quality of the story..)
I just hope the ending won't be rushed too much and we will have a true conclusion (not something half-assed)
maybe the best manga from Im Dal-Young not (so) much focused on the boobs (not that I don't like it though haha)

nb : I could scan/translate easily up to vol 17 but i'm a total noob for typesetting and with photoshop,if anyone could help,I can provide you with the rest of the story translated
from what iv read the translation for this is rather hard (lots of double meanings and such) and with the way that some of the text needs to be it takes a long time to clean type set ect.

So it takes ages to sort out and not many groups want to put the time/effort in to get this out. Shame as iv likes what iv read so far, the Anime was good so this should be Ace when its all done!

@DaburuO/Seed
You guys do realize that this manga has about six untranslated volumes, right?

Three chapters? Shit. Ch 88 looks like the manga could continue on for another twenty at least.
Confirmed that this manga is ending in the next 3 chapters.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-05-17/black-god/kurokami-manga-to-end-in-3-more-chapters

Manga=Japanese-Majority have Japanese names in a Japanese setting
Manhwa=Korean-Majority have Korean names in a Korean setting
Manhua=Chinese-Majority have Chinese names in a Chinese setting

Pretty much common sense.
One of the funniest manga I have ever re-read. especially ch.5 page 20-21.
I don't know why, I really hate Akane.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics