Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 55votes)

Sumika Sumire

Alt Names: alt ć‚¹ćƒŸć‚«ć‚¹ćƒŸćƒ¬
Author: Takanashi Mitsuba
Artist: Takanashi Mitsuba
Genres: Josei JoseiRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kisaragi Sumi continuously took care of her parents and grandmother until she turned 60 years old without ever falling in love.

One day, after her mother's funeral service, a cat calling himself Rei appeared and granted her wish to bring back her youth. What happens when Sumi gets a second chance in life as a 17-year-old high schooler?!
Go to Sumika Sumire Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Sumika Sumire!! Love the Artwork!! New Window tofu.chan
  • 1 Replies

61 Comments

Nooo quiero otro capitulo esto esta interesante, muchas gracias por su trabajo!!

I don't mind spoilers but FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS put them in SPOILER TAGS!!!

v this how u do spoilerssssss (just remove the dot)

[.spoiler] insert your spoiler [./spoiler] 

Justo cuando creĆ­a que no serĆ­a el tĆ­pico trĆ­o amoroso... temo por Mashiro :(

(...)

Thanks for the ending, now I don't need to watch it.

I was team Rei at first: shojo's rule, the first is the last. not mention he looks cool and powerful and.... but.

Well I really like the way the live action dealed with this series. Everyone, who are team Mashiro (or not) and havent watched it, believe me, give it a try. The way they made Sumire a uni student makes things more realistic to me. Ending  Mashiro btw. Rei was clearly an oniichan type, very caring and enthusiastic.

I give the LA 8/10.0 points.

Team Mashiro. Just getting that on record.

Fun chapter, but I'll admit to a niggle:

Spoiler

So.... Mashiro-kun and sumire-san will end up together? Age gap babies. THE BEST!
Spoiler

347. Oh God! <3 

This is shaping up quite nice. I just hope it won't go to the obvious ending where she falls in love with the demon cat guy.

Followed.  Looking pretty decent so far.  I like the "old" heroine, and so far it's pulling that off decently, although not with the sort of effortless flair of "Mill".

Before the youth thing, she was actually quite a handsome older woman.  Pretty attractive even then.

Yes, thank you! Please keep showing this series some love, Matteiru! It is so good and you are so good for scanlating it.

This chapter is quite a masterpiece. Good vibes resonating everywhere

New chapter? Thanks a lot! Such a nice mango.

Thanks a lot for this! I'm really excited to see what happens next! Chapter 3 was great!

yay, new chapter, many thanks to scanlators :)

Just finished Devil Beside Me and come here after looking up mangaka's works :D Looks nice and promising~
And I really hope she doesn't end up with Rei :/

Ah yes the delusional hope that this ends any other way than its been layed out. Don't get me wrong I'd love it if it ended without Rei being the guy but we all know deep down what's up.

oh, thanks for the update! it's been quite a bit.

Just finished Devil Beside Me and come here after looking up mangaka's works :D Looks nice and promising~

And I really hope she doesn't end up with Rei :/ 

In the middle of chapter one and I just had to come here and say that her dad was a fuckin twat!!

I'm not so certain about her life experience. Just because she lived to the age of 60 doesn't mean she has a lot of life experience and maturity. I think it's possible that she has lived a very stagnant life since she was forced to quit school hence her life experience would be more than a 17 year old in some sense but not so much more than a 17 year old in say, love. Stagnancy does that to people, it stops them from growing.

I think this is just a difference in meaning for 'experience.' I didn't necessarily mean to imply that she has Experience!!!~, like it's an inherently positive, accumulated thing that puts her ahead of other people. I meant that she has sixty years of life that she has experienced, in whatever form, and that is most definitely different than the average shoujo heroine. I added the maturity separately because I think they're very different things (and I added the 'plz' because it's my hope that her character development shows how sixty years of maturation tempers or inflames her new feelings).

Basically, I think we agree that she may or may not have her shit together, so to speak, and that her sixty years of life don't necessarily put her forty-three years ahead of her seventeen year old peers now. I just mean that they're an inevitable influence on who she is now and how she'll handle all these new things, and I'm really looking forward to seeing some nuance in this heroine. :)

As a 60-year-old male, I find this story very interesting because, even at this age, most of us never forget our lives as teens and young adults and usually retain allot of our personality from that period.  Also, in many ways we are always changing, while keeping our roots.  All you have to do to see is attend a high school reunion and watch the folks you knew as 16-year-olds act much the same, even after 50 years!  (I still have a crush today on the same read-head girl from then!)

60 years old and never grew a spine. I feel good that she got rewarded for giving up her youth to take care of others but as a person she's a bit...lacking.

Well, fella, I'm gonna tell you something you might not know if your head is stuck in the sand: men Love innocent virgins. It's too bad that, in the US at least, virgin has become a dirty word (like 'prude') thanks to some pathological ideology, but that kind of preference has always guaranteed an opportunity for the less romantically successful. Compared with the vapid fad chasers in the karaoke room, the heroine is effortlessly and undoubtedly of the highest value. Furthermore, she can take care of others, and see life from a more sedate perspective. She's a giant generating asset, instead of a material black hole. The fact that this woman has stayed away from the dating world for over 40 years is a grave affront to capitalism!

I'm sorry but this manga is purely wish-fulfillment. Not for the girls, but for the boys. Which means I shall proceed to monitor closely the development of this exquisite tale.

Well she's pretty much what a Yamato nadeshiko looks like. That in itself is pretty much a national male wish-fulfillment in Japan.

Still there's girl fulfillment here... I mean there's a dark haired shapeshifting cat bishie... If this isn't girl wish-fulfillment, I don't know what is.

Well, fella, I'm gonna tell you something you might not know if your head is stuck in the sand: men Love innocent virgins. It's too bad that, in the US at least, virgin has become a dirty word (like 'prude') thanks to certain ideologies, but that kind of preference has always guaranteed an opportunity for the less romantically successful women, and saved many men from the pathologically selfish, overinflated ones. Compared with the fad chasers in the karaoke room, the heroine is effortlessly and undoubtedly of the highest value. Furthermore, she can take care of others, and see life from a more sedate perspective. She's a veritable generating asset, instead of a material black hole. The fact that this woman has stayed away from the dating world for over 40 years is a grave affront to capitalism!

I'm sorry but this manga is pure wish-fulfillment. Not for the girls, but for the boys. I only hope the heroine is not so stupid that she decides to copy the young girls or gets taken advantage of.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics