Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 131votes)

Desert Punk

Alt Names: alt 砂ぼうずalt Desert Punkalt 모래돌이alt Sand Boyalt Sunabo-zualt Sunabouzualt Sunabozualt Пустынная крыса
Author: Usune Masatoshi
Artist: Usune Masatoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a nuclear war turns most of the Earth into desert wastelands, surviving humans had used the sands in order to survive. One of them is a professional mercenary named Sunabozu, who makes a living by hiring himself out to anyone who needs his talents.
Go to Desert Punk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Direct download links New Window Goral
  • 4 Replies
Topic Sunabouzu Image Thread (wallpapers, fan arts, gifs, covers etc.) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic MiB and Gantz Waiting Room recruiting jp->en translator for Sunabozu (Desert Punk) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic What strength is, and what is not strength. New Window truepurple
  • 6 Replies

238 Comments

OMG is the scanlation being picked up again? This was one of best anime's i have seen
I had long since given up hope of new scans. Thank you sooo so much sexy, chocolate Gantz_Waitingroom & HappyHappyScans.
hahaha holy shit this mc is funny, i've seen a couple of episodes of the anime but thought it was kind slow paced, this manga is awesome.
Time to reread this!
It offends me greatly that there have been no new releases for a year, but this manga is fantastic.

The characters and the world it takes place in portrayed extremely well, and the humor is well-balanced.
Good news! There's a new translator (the raws are in French, from the publisher Glénat). Gantz_Waitingroom is typesetting volume 6.
Sunabōzu is a unique manga, interesting from start to finish and even though humour wasn't too refined (it was more of a college humour) I consider it as one of the most valuable reads I've had in my life as a manga reader. Paradoxically, despite it's often primitive jokes or out of the top behaviour (sometimes even cartoonish) of characters, there are not many manga that depict reality as well, even if it's in a setting almost completely unknown to us. The same goes for characters who we see as made from flesh and blood and not ink and paper. It's very rare to find characters such as these. Since the world they live in is more cruel than the one most of us know and here motto "survival of the fittest" is a fact and not just an empty slogan, characters behave very logically in such conditions. The main hero (and most of other characters that have at least half a brain) are pragmatist and/or opportunists. If there was a chance to screw someone over they don't miss it, if the opponent has an advantage they don't think twice about withdrawing. The latter action is something that most mangakas do not consider. Main hero would run ?! That's ridiculous. He can't. He must stand firmly and fight with his foes and surely he will defeat them because of sheer fighting spirit... Well, not in Desert Punk (but in Arms Peddler unfortunately yes). There is no honour here, no pardon, what matters are results and effectiveness. It reminds me of Fallout game (but not crappy Fallout 3 but Fallout 1 - godly game) and maybe that's why I've loved it so much. It also reminds me of Firefly (the best tv show ever) and I haven't found any cartoon/anime or other tv series that would get even close to it.
Even though the plot isn't very original, carrying it out is. Desert Punk surprises (in a good way) in every chapter. Often I had to pick up my jaw from the floor, even more often I laughed (my sense of humour isn't too refined :P) and sometimes my adrenaline level would rise. There are only few manga/anime that could trigger such reactions from me and even fewer that managed to maintain it from start to finish (Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Legend of Galactic Heroes, SPT Layzner, FMA, Urasawa's mangas, Romeo no Aoi Sora, Kemono no Souja Erin, Kaiji and that's about it). So if you're looking for a non-schematic, action manga, something that would allow you to relax and something you won't forget than this manga is for you.

Manga and anime are unfortunately very under-appreciated. This title has disappeared in tons of sh*t that floats around and are considered as masterpieces when they can't even compare to Desert Punk. The proof of that is that no fansubbers have translated the anime and manga has only one group that's interested in doing it (thank you GWR), which is very sad. On the other hand such poor manga such as Arms Peddler is being scanlated by two groups. I can't understand it. *sigh*
the protagonist kinda funny
This practically a cult classic!
yea and it also hav alternate endings
great
really enjoyed the anime and really wanted to read the manga because manga is ongoing
uploading the 5 volumes
enjoy reading it

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics