Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 131votes)

Desert Punk

Alt Names: alt 砂ぼうずalt Desert Punkalt 모래돌이alt Sand Boyalt Sunabo-zualt Sunabouzualt Sunabozualt Пустынная крыса
Author: Usune Masatoshi
Artist: Usune Masatoshi
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After a nuclear war turns most of the Earth into desert wastelands, surviving humans had used the sands in order to survive. One of them is a professional mercenary named Sunabozu, who makes a living by hiring himself out to anyone who needs his talents.
Go to Desert Punk Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Direct download links New Window Goral
  • 4 Replies
Topic Sunabouzu Image Thread (wallpapers, fan arts, gifs, covers etc.) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic MiB and Gantz Waiting Room recruiting jp->en translator for Sunabozu (Desert Punk) New Window Goral
  • 0 Replies
Topic What strength is, and what is not strength. New Window truepurple
  • 6 Replies

238 Comments

oh boy i cant think of what kanta will do to natsuko once he has the chance

My guess, revolution.

Not revolution but coup probably.

My guess, revolution.

They just picked the wrong man in the Great Kanto Desert to make an enemy of.

It depends really. Maybe people tend to think that old is better because there are a lot of old manga and anime, so some are bound to be really good. Also nostalgia goggles.

When scanlators pick old manga, they already choose them by quality, so its probably one of the reasons that we can rare see low quality between old ones. Probably bigger reason for quality of old manga is because most of them was published as a couple (5 or more) of chapters per book, so when you see manga with 50+ chapters, then its high percentage its good, because its been selling for a some time. Today most manga books have one chapter of 10+ different titles so its plenty of cases that some of the bad mangas are driving along with some other popular ones. Scanlators by purchasing that kind of book probably choose some of them looking at the quality of first few chapters, so when author gets into problems with story, we have impression that now we have plenty of story lacking manga, and that old ones were better.

Anyway, for this manga 5 points from me (out of 5 :))

It helps when the genre is seinen. But yea I agree, older mangas can have much better story telling.

It depends really. Maybe people tend to think that old is better because there are a lot of old manga and anime, so some are bound to be really good. Also nostalgia goggles.

I saw the anime and it left me lacking at the end with the freaking cliff hanger, anyone mind telling me if this as good or even better?

It's at least as good and it goes beyond the story shown in the anime.

I saw the anime and it left me lacking at the end with the freaking cliff hanger, anyone mind telling me if this as good or even better?

I love old manga's. They're always rich in story and although the art work isn't eye candy, you can see the hard work and the effort in putting details in every page; something that new mangs's often lack. They are never shy in showing the bad side of humankind, and explicit gore isn't needed to make the reader feel... And most important of all old mangakas aren't wrapped in this whole bull crap of placing the story in a high school chibi setting to hook young readers.

It helps when the genre is seinen. But yea I agree, older mangas can have much better story telling.

Bleh, Junko arcs... well, /arc/. There's only one story for all of them after all. 

Watch the anime, sadly in english (its better in english imo)

There is subs as well in a certain website

I love old manga's. They're always rich in story and although the art work isn't eye candy, you can see the hard work and the effort in putting details in every page; something that new mangs's often lack. They are never shy in showing the bad side of humankind, and explicit gore isn't needed to make the reader feel... And most important of all old mangakas aren't wrapped in this whole bull crap of placing the story in a high school chibi setting to hook young readers.

Watch the anime, sadly in english (its better in english imo)

Asagiri Junko - Bane and love of Sunabozu's twisted existence...

I really enjoyed that. 5 stars.

LOLS!!!  When that one guy got sold to a Homo, I was just busting out in laughter!

Here's a proofread version of volume 6: http://tishare.com/4bqhinppsj2u.htm

In the future you will find most recent version of DP at http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/ (I'll repost the links on Jcafe too).

There are few Main Characters that come of as harsh as Sunabozu does, but damnit if he isn't great at what he does - even when it means being a complete @zzHole. I've been a fan since the Anime first aired, and Asagiri Junko gets me every time. One a side note their cameos are the best.

I strongly disagree with this name change, "Desert Punk" was much better, i'd have never started reading it in the first place if not for the title.

4 new chapters? oh shit, this made my day! haha damn, Kanta's such an awesome character

It's on hiatus. First 12 volumes present almost the same story as the anime and from 13+ it's a second part.
Is this manga still ongoing in Japan? Or has it ended at 14(?) volumes?
@Popske: In the case of this particular chapter, "holy shit" is just about right.
It Lives!
Editors/typesetters and translators are needed so if anyone would like to see releases come out faster contact either me or someone from HS or GWR.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics