Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 164votes)

Bitter Virgin

Alt Names: alt ビターバージンalt 惨痛处女
Author: Kusunoki Kei
Artist: Kusunoki Kei
Genres: Drama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Popular high school student Suwa Daisuke has no interest in dating newcomer Aikawa Hinako, a quiet loner. That's because she recoiled from his flirtatious touch, and he took it as a personal affront. Daisuke informs one of his buddies that he wouldn't date her, not knowing Hinako was listening. Daisuke's attitude changes after he accidentally hears her confession in an abandoned church; she's been sexually abused by her stepfather and has given up a child for adoption. His former annoyance turns to compassion and concern. Hinako is unaware that he knows her terrible secret. Believing him to have no romantic interest, she becomes more relaxed and comfortable in his company. Their relationship faces a lot of obstacles, including jealous classmates.
Go to Bitter Virgin Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discuss the awesomeness New Window Purple Library Guy
  • 22 Replies

42 Comments

This is a great read.
I reread it many times and enjoyed every page of it.
I have read this every time I landed here from the random button. Most, I give one look at, but this pulls me in no matter how many times I read it. This is one of the finest pieces of writing in any genre I have seen.
It's gems like these that make me so glad that Batoto has the Random button. Best read I've had in months!
Correction to chapter 16, page 23: Where Daisuke says "She's lying...", the expression in the original Japanese actually means more like "You've got to be kidding..." In this case, it is Daisuke realizing his sister is pregnant.
When my male friend who always recommended me action manga told me about this romance manga. I immediately thought that this was something I couldn't just ignore. I'm really glad I read it. With the issue discussed in the story, it really made me sympathize with the character, and made me realize how lucky I am. It's simply a jewel from all the manga I have read.

Spoiler
Really, really good.
It may be a cliché, but this is one manga that has both an excellent ending and one that I dearly wish would continue beyond its end.
This should be required reading for manga fans. I'm almost worried to check out anything else by this author, because I seriously doubt this manga or its' manga-ka could top it.
This is definitely the most touching manga I've ever read. And the author's pages are interesting too.
ah no matter how many times I read this it will still bring me to tears. one of the best manga I have read
this is most likely the best manga I have ever read ^^
yeah this is one of the best ive ever read :3
This is one of my all time favourites as well. I have a long list of favourites, but among them this would be on the very short list for best of all.
I never thought of it as "slice of life" though . . . I mean, it's realistic and tackles serious issues, but it has a fairly definite overall story arc, a plot with a good deal of form. I think of "slice of life" as being those ones where there isn't that much overall plot because the form is trying to approximate people's real life which tends to just move along, progressing unpredictably.
Oh, man . . . now I want to read it again.
If not the best one of the best Slice of Life manga out there.
By far one of my Favorite Manga of All Time.
Great Slice of Life manga (fav^^)
This is a great manga, a must read.

Second chances ftw!!!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics