Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 450votes)

Clockwork Planet

Alt Names: alt クロックワーク・プラネットalt Clock Work Planetalt 클락워크 플래닛alt 时钟机关之星
Author: Kamiya Yuu & Himana Tsubaki
Artist: Kuro
Genres: Action ActionFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Everyone on the Clockwork Planet considers Naoto Miura a machinery nut. Every moment of every day, he has his mind on gears and his hands tinkering with delicate mechanical motors. But nobody understand how he can hear and feel gears in operation, even from a long distance away. Then one day, a clockwork maiden falls from the sky, presaging events that would shake the whole world...

Adaptation of the light novel written by Kamiya Yuu and Himana Tsubaki with illustrations by Shino
Go to Clockwork Planet Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

731 Comments

Spoiler

Wow.

Wooooo new chapter

Ugh, already this manga is starting off poor. Really, a student shows promise in excelling very far in a technical field and the teacher chastises him on not listening to a lecture that should be kindergarten level for someone of the MC's level of expertise? They overlook over-the-top bullying by meatheads to a technically proficient student on a planet that is built on nothing but machinery? Why wouldn't the MC go to a technical school in the first place? Too many cliches.

For Irony's sake of course... I mean, wouldn't it be nice to see the bullies shitting in their pants when they found out he manage to outdo them by a freaking light year!

I swear, this dude is having nerdgasm over gears... he prefers ticking of gears over sweet moaning of women, and he'd consider touching those gears as a serious form of foreplay...

I ENVY HIM!!! How I wish I was as dedicated as him back then when I had a perchance for Steampunk.

IF MONSTER MUSUME HAD LEGS GOD, HERE WE HAVE THE GEAR GOD!!!

Ugh, already this manga is starting off poor. Really, a student shows promise in excelling very far in a technical field and the teacher chastises him on not listening to a lecture that should be kindergarten level for someone of the MC's level of expertise? They overlook over-the-top bullying by meatheads to a technically proficient student on a planet that is built on nothing but machinery? Why wouldn't the MC go to a technical school in the first place? Too many cliches.

The story is a light novel story, so as so often happens when LNs are converted to manga, the opening chapter (or chapters) are somewhat stereotypical manga setups. The real story gets going in chapter three.

YES.

Now, if only someone translates the novel too..

Someone is already, they just started though...

http://hereticlnt.blogspot.sg/p/clockwork-planet.html

YES.

Now, if only someone translates the novel too..

He does not an expert, he is just have a good ear and tinkering is just his hobby, he does not set his goal to be an tinkerer or any thing. Lastly, do you really think all highschooler will realize his good point and work with it instead of getting high score or fooling around with friends?

Interesting.

Well it started average, but the ending of the chapter definitely picked my interests.

"You're more than a just common flea."
She's charming!

One is an 'automaton', pl. 'automata'.
And, being entirely classical, that makes her... a Laplace automaton? A sharp-tongued Laplace automaton!*

*demon.

this is actually pretty interesting.

followed.

The sharp-tongued heroine does keep me interested and it's even better that the MC doesn't wimp out from being a terrorist. Given, he's probably doing it for the greater good at the end of the day but at least the design and worldbuilding seems decent so far.

Spoiler

...since when did "cliche" become a code word for "not worth reading"? I found this to be an enjoyable start to a potentially interesting series, cliches or no. Plus, its only chapter one, why pass judgments on the entire story for the events of the very first chapter?

Lol, such cruel words. My masochist side is gonna follow.

Really, the only reasons to read this manga is due to the art and

Spoiler

But still, this is pretty darn interesting if you don't mind the cliches here and there.

Anyone know whether it is weekly/monthly?

Ugh, already this manga is starting off poor. [snip] Too many cliches.

These things DO happen in real life, so I didn't really find the manga cliche--actually more of an imprecise flashback.

Spoiler tags for the uninterested & teal deers. No manga spoilers. And I enjoyed the manga so far. Followed!

Spoiler

I mean, I could beat the bullies up one on one, but I didn't like to roughhouse with the weak.

Yay, an MC who doesn't preach of justice and friendship or some of those other 'common reasons'

Spoiler

Spoiler

Seems pretty interesting, definitely following.

Alright, those last couple pages were a bit of a non-sequitur. Followed.

Contains many manga and LN cliches but still evokes a feeling of intrigue. A good start to the series.

For those who don't know, this series caught many people by surprise when it ranked 13th place in the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2014 best LN Series rankings with only one volume released; beating many other better known and longer running series (even those with an anime adaptation).

Check the list here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=692221

I can't think of anyone who wasn't surprised.

Didn't expect them to become terrorists :o I thought it was gonna be like the cliche types of settings mostly everybody is aware of. Followed!

Thank you for the release!

Spoiler

IT BEGINS!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics