Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.74 - 233votes)

Houseki no Kuni

Alt Names: alt 宝石の国alt Country of Jewelsalt 보석의 나라alt Il Regno delle Gemmealt Kingdom of Gemsalt L'ère des Cristauxalt Land of the Lustrousalt Mücevher Ülkesialt Reino de Gemasalt Страна самоцветов
Author: Ichikawa Haruko
Artist: Ichikawa Haruko
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the distant future, a new life form called Houseki (gems) are born. The 28 Houseki must fight against the moon dwellers who want to attack them and turn them into decorations, thus each gem is assigned a role such as a fighter or a medic. Though they hope to fight the moon dwellers, Phos is a gem who is given no assignment until the gems' master Adamantine asks them to write an encyclopedia.
Go to Houseki no Kuni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic how far in the manga did the anime reach New Window neorasp
  • 2 Replies
Topic Official Voice Cast for the Anime! New Window Redpandagirl
  • 2 Replies

493 Comments

Am I drunk or chapters 14 & 15 just vanished ?

Yeah, they were definitely there 1~2 days ago. 

Am I drunk or chapters 14 & 15 just vanished ?

Come on  translator page 8 of Chapter 14, these genderless people are clearly meant to be female.

Spoiler
They're all boys?!

No, they're just genderless "gems". But they're looking so feminine...

Here is translator's note about original version of translation:

Spoiler

Spoiler
They're all boys?!

Phos is turning into a chimera at this rate >_<

b339ac0d-s.jpg

Phos is turning into a chimera at this rate >_<

About tne new cover; I wonder why Phos has golden arms and who is the other character?

Houseki no kuni volume 3 cover... Oh, I see this cover was added to manga profile.

We are waiting for volume 3!

Here is translator's note about original version of translation:

Spoiler

Houseki no Kuni promotional video [English subtitles]

Spoiler

wow this is A LOT better than I thought at first!

On another note, on chapter 7 pg. 4's info page he's referred to as "Adamant", which is... 'diamond'. There's really an awful lot of diamond around.

Originally, he's referred to as "Kongou" (金剛) - means "diamond", "adamant", "vajra" ((in Buddhism and Hinduism) a thunderbolt or mystical weapon) and "unbreakable".

Will the mystery of Sensei be revealed? He doesn't seem to be categorized under any of the three sides we've seen so far.

Well, we don't know that he -isn't- a crystal-person. But in the realm of harmless conjecture,

Spoiler

On another note, on chapter 7 pg. 4's info page he's referred to as "Adamant", which is... 'diamond'. There's really an awful lot of diamond around.

New series and I already love it :)

remember that part of the slug mentioning the deal with the moon people's "comrade". Probably my guess is that's what he used to be.

Spoiler

I don't know, was it a translator's error or not, but she is speaking about Aculeasis. I will take a look at it in Japanese.

Will the mystery of Sensei be revealed? He doesn't seem to be categorized under any of the three sides we've seen so far.

remember that part of the slug mentioning the deal with the moon people's "comrade". Probably my guess is that's what he used to be.

Holy hell that snail...

Woo.... nice. It's been a while since I last read something so promising.

This is really good! 

What an odd and curious series....

Dat funkeh snail..
So it's going to be a proper three-way engagement now? :s

Having worked with several of these stones at my previous job, I appreciate the author's sense of detail of each character instead of just picking "pretty sounding names".

And in the case of cinnabar it is poisonous due to its mercury content, but despite the health risk has often been cherished by many cultures for its bright red coloration (used in dyes, jewelry, etc.). Cinnabar is quite pretty and is one of my favorite minerals, but it is best to keep it as a specimen form attached to the surrounding rock and away from sunlight because the red color can be bleached out of the stone.

Wha...wha...I was loving the Ruler as her true form...then that happened, poor Phos can't catch a break :(

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics