Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.74 - 233votes)

Houseki no Kuni

Alt Names: alt 宝石の国alt Country of Jewelsalt 보석의 나라alt Il Regno delle Gemmealt Kingdom of Gemsalt L'ère des Cristauxalt Land of the Lustrousalt Mücevher Ülkesialt Reino de Gemasalt Страна самоцветов
Author: Ichikawa Haruko
Artist: Ichikawa Haruko
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyMystery MysterySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In the distant future, a new life form called Houseki (gems) are born. The 28 Houseki must fight against the moon dwellers who want to attack them and turn them into decorations, thus each gem is assigned a role such as a fighter or a medic. Though they hope to fight the moon dwellers, Phos is a gem who is given no assignment until the gems' master Adamantine asks them to write an encyclopedia.
Go to Houseki no Kuni Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic how far in the manga did the anime reach New Window neorasp
  • 2 Replies
Topic Official Voice Cast for the Anime! New Window Redpandagirl
  • 2 Replies

493 Comments

Not you too, ghost...! Somehow with all the characters I like they have the worst things happen lol... This series
Spoiler
is the reason I have trust issues... thank you kitten for fuelling the (likely) pain ;w;

Rip ghost.

This is definitely one of the better recent manga,

just wish it was more popular.

Also, props to both Russian and English translators. Using this to help me catch up on my Russian.

Thank you for these new chapters! And what chapters! Very ominous, I can feel the tense undercurrent of an impending twist. What is the true face of Sensei? What are the lunarians? Great stuff!

I specifically made this account to thank the kitten translator (n HNK project if they would continue... this should be enough to express how thankful the HNK fans for this translation... Thanks a lot n good luck ('-')7

P.S.

It's always suck to be the eldest brother... keep it up Yellow!

thank you kitten!!!! Im excited for future chapters but also worried... First Shiro, and now this?? Phos better not decide they wanna go to the moon to check it all out or something ;o;
Spoiler
Sobs. Just let my gem kids be happyyyy

"F-"

Let it say fuck...!

Anyways I have this theory (If it isnt already pointing in that direction) that the moon people kidnap the gems because they are a part of humanity or something. Originally the gems and moon people would actually make humans but idk stuff happened and now things are the way they are.

A new chapter. DL links are at https://www.patreon.com/akitty?ty=h

Yeah, it's back! Yay! The download links will be a bit later.

>It's alive

Thank you based kitten.

Not only have we got a new chapter, but twice? Lucky! Thank you so so so much to the scanlators <3 you guys rock!!

It's alive! Thanks for the new chapter!

I felt a little bad for Yellow diamond. And the padding dude.

Yeah, it's back! Yay! The download links will be a bit later.

It's alive! Thanks for the new chapter!

I felt a little bad for Yellow diamond. And the padding dude.

-

>Kill big bad

>Immediately turn around while it's still dissolving

>Back stab

So many fucking times good lord. I mean it's a pretty common trope but this is ridiculous.

At least Bortz seems to be aware that everyone else sucks at it.

Despite that still a pretty cool manga.

Spoiler

There is a truly otherworldly atmosphere to this manga. The mystery, art and concepts are unique and fresh in the unpredictability. I love the conversations, the blacktone, the names. And yeah, I don't know what's going on either. And that is fine.

Sorry for confusion, it's actually a No Group release, no download links for now. Maybe later

Thanks for claryfing it, thaks for your work to, habanero and Co have done a mazing job to, and personally as person who only waits for the work of other i dont think i have much right for complayning but that wait was really killing me i really like this series.

i still have no clue what is going on in this manga.

Hello eelz!

Firstly, sorry for my bad English.

Isn't "оно" genderless? Although if the Japanese uses male pronouns / speech patterns it would make sense to keep them, I suppose.

Just curious since my technical knowledge of Russian grammar is lagging behind my practical knowledge.

If you mean "genderless=neuter"... In Russian language not only nouns and pronouns have gender. "Оно пришло" sounds horribly in Russian.

Male pronouns/speech patterns... I joined Probably when he have already uploaded first two chapters with feminine pronouns and speech patterns. When he thinked about changing style to original, he left that idea.

(I've made mistake when faced this question. I don't know why i decided to change style and reupload chapters. I could reupload chapters on Batoto, but on other "readers" readers were upset - first half was "feminine", second - ''masculine".

Maybe I shouldn't reupload them at all. Sorry for all that, dear readers. I'd like to go back in tyme - but I can't.)

So, you can see, why he didn't change style, can't you?

I love this manga

I've found it in Russian - first translated chapters was published on March, 2014 (here first three were reuploaded, but the forth one was uploaded on March, 17, 2014 and so on)

Then I've found English translation. I shouldn't use it by myself, I had to give it to scanlators from the beginning. Sorry for my previous mistakes with gender - in Russian we choose them to use feminine pronouns, because in Russian there is also no genderless pronouns.

Isn't "оно" genderless? Although if the Japanese uses male pronouns / speech patterns it would make sense to keep them, I suppose.

Just curious since my technical knowledge of Russian grammar is lagging behind my practical knowledge.

Аааааа, хочется дальше читать   -_-

Im really glad that this manga is back but im a little troubled, i would like to download this but the link of the group redirect me to a russian site, someone can clarify to me how are things now ? And sorry my bad english.

Sorry for confusion, it's actually a No Group release, no download links for now. Maybe later

NEW CHAPTER.

NEW.

CHAPTER.

Im really glad that this manga is back but im a little troubled, i would like to download this but the link of the group redirect me to a russian site, someone can clarify to me how are things now ? And sorry my bad english.

A new chapter! All is right in the world again.

More please? Pretty please?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics