Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.65 - 291votes)

Vagabond

Alt Names: alt Avarealt バガボンドalt 베가본드alt Lãng Kháchalt 浪客行alt المتشرد
Author: Yoshikawa Eiji & Inoue Takehiko
Artist: Inoue Takehiko
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureAward Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shinmen Takezo is destined to become the legendary sword-saint, Miyamoto Musashi--perhaps the most renowned samurai of all time. For now, Takezo is a cold-hearted killer, who will take on anyone in mortal combat to make a name for himself. This is the journey of a wild young brute who strives to reach enlightenment by way of the sword--fighting on the edge of death.

Won the 4th Japan Media Arts Award Grand Prize in the Manga division.
Won the 24th Kodansha Manga Award for Best General Manga.
Won the 6th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award Grand Prize.

============Notice================
Unfortunatly parts of the comic were scanlated by groups that don't allow rehosting.
Also, some of the chapters available are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Vagabond Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Vagabond will resume March 15 New Window Proxy
  • 5 Replies
Topic Farm Land Saga Anyone? New Window Kalladin
  • 8 Replies
Topic Vagabond approaching the finish line New Window alphaz95
  • 3 Replies
Topic The wait will finally be over *dot *dot *dot New Window bumblebee310
  • 1 Replies

181 Comments

it's only your thought maybe, as for me, this arc is important for takezo to be someone like yagyuu. To be someone who strong isn't only need physic but also mentalilty. This arc is teach Takezo about good mentality and wise tought, understand about his self, life, and etc.

Man, maybe it's just me but this arc is boring the hell out of me.

I want to see some of the other characters too, it's been too long.
@Frost Musashi actually did one in real life, Book of the Five Rings
@ [user='Frost'] Miyamoto Musashi actually DID write a book about life and tactics and stuff :D It's called "Gorei no Sho". He wasn't just a simple samurai or swordsman :) One of his sayings was: Respect God and Bhudda but don't rely on their assistance (or something along those lines). He was an incredible person.
the guy whit the chain and sickle also died? i tough he was alive whit the litle girl but he apreaded whit the guys from yoshioka and his brother wich is dead :s
My god I never thought Vagabond was so thought provoking, after I read the last chapter I just sat in my chair for a good minute staring at the computer screen thinking about the meaning of life and shitt.

It blows my mind how such an uneventful chapter can, at the same time have so many things happening, Vagabond is on a whole nother level! Takezo should write a book or something, this man could start a new religion called life. I don't even know what I'm saying... I need to chill a bit
Vinland Saga and Vagabond, both became farming manga!
Enough farming for now. I want some war.^^
I think It's just me but Kojiro arcs are more exciting than Musashi arcs. -_-'
The thing about mangas like Vagabond and Vinland Saga is that they don't need to have endless battle scenes just to get readers, they can go at their own pace and talk about defeating water for a whole chapter and it's still incredible. That's what separates the epic mangas from the typical ones.
No denying the greatness that´s Vagabond, sad that it´s nearing it´s end.
A new chapter? Holy shit...
Takezo gets closer the the awesomeness that is his book :D
crap was going to mention farming viking too....
damn farmland saga you beat me to it
Hopefully this is not the new farmland saga... ^ ^
I just finished slam dunk(great manga by the way) and came to look at the author's other mangas and found another one that has so many chapters. Definally a great mangaka.
there are ongoing chapters after 300. Why not here?
where can i find the missing chapters?
@Ikaros CORE, the chapters done by mangastream are not hosted here due to their policy.
MangaStream has Chapters 301&2 up already...I wonder why they aren't uploaded here...
Beautiful, deep and moving.... Could I ask for more ?
One of the best things I've ever read !
Sorry if the update got your hopes up, Cudi!

But it's nice to know that Inoue-sensei announced that he's been planning the resumption of Vagabond with his editors . :)
Photo
ALL HAIL TREBOR
Dec 14 2011 05:32 AM
I saw Vagabond on the recently uploaded thing and my heart skipped a beat because I thought 301~ was out
the series went on Hiatus (a break or interruption in the continuity of a work)
well lets just hope that the author starts it again :)

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics