Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 136votes)

Sen to Man

Alt Names: alt 千と万alt Chi and Maalt Sen and Manalt Thousand and Ten Thousand
Author: Sekiya Asami
Artist: Sekiya Asami
Genres: Comedy ComedySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A slice-of-life series about a girl, Shima, and her father, Chihiro.
Go to Sen to Man Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Sen to Man New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

214 Comments

It took me quite a bit to remember the aunt.

They do look to be quite far apart in age, don't you think? At least 10 years older.

It took me quite a bit to remember the aunt.

-

What is this Sacrilegious thing I just read about not mixing your Rice and Curry? As a Indian I find that weird, if I did that people would look at me funny.

The curry I usually have is a relatively thin soup that gets sopped with baguette instead of rice.

I've said this on a different manga but it's worth repeating: I consider people watching how you eat to be far more rude than you mixing the food however the hell it tastes best for you.

Eating should be pleasurable to the tongue, not the eyes.

it's called etiquette. it's the same thing as eating with your mouth closed. 

Fuck that noise, mix it all! Who cares!?

Savage?

Spoiler

See if you can manage to handle this amount of curry

It's not savage, it's cabbage!

Spoiler

Eh? People don't like cabbage in their udon? They're weird.
Also, mixing?

Spoiler

Savage?

Spoiler

See if you can manage to handle this amount of curry
Silly japs

This is how real curry is serve;

Spoiler

What is this Sacrilegious thing I just read about not mixing your Rice and Curry? As a Indian I find that weird, if I did that people would look at me funny.

It's also good for kids to learn how to do things on their own.

The number of my peers in university who couldn't even do laundry because their parents always did it was shameful.

Exactly. People that get pampered grow up to be useless shits that can't do any chores and it WILL affect them in the future. Unless they're planning to stay with their parents until late adulthood...

I like my cabbage in the udon only when stir-fried (NEVER in soup), tyvm.

Curry OTOH, you do whatever you want.

Still, dat punchline in the end.

Also, mixing?
Spoiler

damn! this grin wont go away.

I've said this on a different manga but it's worth repeating: I consider people watching how you eat to be far more rude than you mixing the food however the hell it tastes best for you.

The Japanese seem to be very fussy about a number of things like this.

Not as comfy as chapter 19 but still fine. Keep up the updates!

It's less "bargaining chip" and more "teach kids to pull their own weight".

Kids shouldn't do good or even basic chores expecting a reward, that's how you raise spoiled brats that won't help you unless you promise a reward.

"Hey sweetie, can you vacuum the house around?"

"What will I get for it?"

Holy shit that's a great method of raising kids!

It's also good for kids to learn how to do things on their own.

The number of my peers in university who couldn't even do laundry because their parents always did it was shameful.

Kids shouldn't do good or even basic chores expecting a reward, that's how you raise spoiled brats that won't help you unless you promise a reward.

"You will get a cleaner house and some of my respect", or something like this, should be enough.

You know, Shima's spoiled and all, so I get why people here would start being all critical of her upbringing, and such. But I would never expect people to try and use "free food and clothing" as bargaining chips for making their children do chores. Or fail to take into account that maybe, just maybe, it might be easier sometimes to coax a child into doing something rather than coercing them.

Sasuga, comments section. 

I mean... Was there any doubt that it was probably an accident, or something amount those lines.

its more like she did something unreasonable and he hit her on the face by mistake...

Thanks for the new chap. That one made me really nostalgic.

uwooh!

new chapter! awesome!

Surprised to see this update, thanks QuickNut.

Well, it's certainly a relief to see that she's not constantly physically abused by her father like the ending of the last chapter suggested. Would kinda ruin the fluffy mildly awkward family dynamics and all that.

I mean... Was there any doubt that it was probably an accident, or something amount those lines.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics