Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.58 - 53votes)

Log Horizon - Nishikaze no Ryodan

Alt Names: alt ログ・ホライズン 西風の旅団alt Log Horizon - La Brigade du vent de l'ouestalt Log Horizon - West Wind Brigadealt Log Horizon: People of the West Windalt Лог Хоризон: Бригада западного ветра
Author: Touno Mamare
Artist: Koyuki & Hara Kazuhiro
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyHarem HaremShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: After 30.000 Japanese players are trapped within MMORPG "Elder Tale" in an incident dubbed "The Apocalypse", Soujirou Seta, an ex-member of "Debauchery Tea Party" reunites his guild: The West Wind Brigade, comprised mostly of pretty girls. Watch their misadventures as they work together adjusting their lives inside the game.

> Spin-off of Log Horizon (http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/log-horizon-r10190)
Go to Log Horizon - Nishikaze no Ryodan Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Where to download the RAW New Window 25Baam
  • 5 Replies

141 Comments

Moot.

The game is on its 11th expansion. Generic vendor NPCs aside (ie. "Auction House NPC" and "General Store NPC"), the idea that the vast majority of them are unidentified NPCs is even more unbelievable than the idea that they have individual names. 

And seriously? Comparing he older Pokemon games to a MMO on its 11th expansion pack? This isn't the '90s.

Au contraire; keeping the manga date of the Apocalypse in mind:

Date of ET creation: March 3, 1989

Date when Elder Tale available to players: May 3, 1998
And if you perceive the pre-patch situation as players communicating with Landers through an interface (the computer screen), "trivial" details like Lander names and history are omitted because that is not necessary for the players' main use: completing quests and slaying monsters.

Which we are basing on the assumptions the landers in this game are not some 20th century NPC where they only say 1-2 things. Granted the LN is only 3 years old so the idea should be based on recent games, but we don't know how recognizable/distinguishable the landers were. Also in the anime they mention that landers has NO distinguishable names. For example old Pokemon games with Pokecenters having only 'Nurse' or games with the seller as 'Grocer'.

Moot.

The game is on its 11th expansion. Generic vendor NPCs aside (ie. "Auction House NPC" and "General Store NPC"), the idea that the vast majority of them are unidentified NPCs is even more unbelievable than the idea that they have individual names. 

And seriously? Comparing he older Pokemon games to a MMO on its 11th expansion pack? This isn't the '90s.

some of the things that ill comment might contain a spoiler so ill just put them all in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Wrong context. From the perspective of the manga readers/anime watchers, yeah the landers haven't done anything.

From the perspective of the players, landers are common and readily recognized characters in the game they've been seeing for years/for the past 11 expansion packs. (ie. Any gamer who has been playing WoW/FFXI since launch "knows" Thrall/Shantotto.)

Which we are basing on the assumptions the landers in this game are not some 20th century NPC where they only say 1-2 things. Granted the LN is only 3 years old so the idea should be based on recent games, but we don't know how recognizable/distinguishable the landers were. Also in the anime they mention that landers has NO distinguishable names. For example old Pokemon games with Pokecenters having only 'Nurse' or games with the seller as 'Grocer'.

Shoryu and Hien (from Crescent Moon Alliance) found at chapter 4, page 4

In all fairness, from the player's perspective, Landers hadn't much to say besides "Welcome to Corneria".

Wrong context. From the perspective of the manga readers/anime watchers, yeah the landers haven't done anything.

From the perspective of the players, landers are common and readily recognized characters in the game they've been seeing for years/for the past 11 expansion packs. (ie. Any gamer who has been playing WoW/FFXI since launch "knows" Thrall/Shantotto.)

This is great!

No the original is only on chapter 2 this won't be affected until the original is up-to chapter 7 its like a stand alone manga that parallels the other.

watch the anime @

http://www.anime44.com/category/log-horizon

Oh man, haven't seen a stream link since forever

Would anyone on here recommend reading the original first?

No the original is only on chapter 2 this won't be affected until the original is up-to chapter 7 its like a stand alone manga that parallels the other.

watch the anime @

http://www.anime44.com/category/log-horizon

With what went on so far, watching the anime is enough - it is what it is - a spin off.

The topic of which manga is better didn't start with me and I did explain why I didn't agree. How about reading back before you preach to me.

In no way do you ever indicate that you are only stating your own thoughts and opinons. You only make some general statements and even go on and basically be condescending and insulting towards anyone liking this one better by saying that the only reason anyone would like this one better would be also found better on fakku. And it really does not matter who started it. Just stop it and agree to disagree.

And with that, I conclude my discussion with you about that topic. No answer necessary, no further responses will be given.

The whole discussion about what is better is totally pointless. People like different things, and that's it. You cannot talk somebody into changing his preferences. You can only explain to him why you do not agree with them. If you like the original novel or the other manga better, fine. If somebody likes this one better, fine as well.

The topic of which manga is better didn't start with me and I did explain why I didn't agree. How about reading back before you preach to me.

Doesn't mean the side story is better.  It's only taking bits and pieces from the main story and the rest is fillers between.  The original is base off the novel and has to follow a pace and the side story has been given more freedom, so of course they'll be able to introduce the characters better.  The only reason I think people would like the side story is the harem and maybe fanservice. If people like fanservice, they can just go to fakku.

The whole discussion about what is better is totally pointless. People like different things, and that's it. You cannot talk somebody into changing his preferences. You can only explain to him why you do not agree with them. If you like the original novel or the other manga better, fine. If somebody likes this one better, fine as well.

The Log Horizon manga is more or less an incoherent mess without the pacing of the anime. It does nothing to make you care for the characters, and the only reason to read it would be because you have read the novel or watch the anime. It jumps right into the action without even properly introducing the characters. The side story does a better job, without having to rely on people's familiarity with the characters established in the anime (in my case at least)

Doesn't mean the side story is better.  It's only taking bits and pieces from the main story and the rest is fillers between.  The original is base off the novel and has to follow a pace and the side story has been given more freedom, so of course they'll be able to introduce the characters better.  The only reason I think people would like the side story is the harem and maybe fanservice. If people like fanservice, they can just go to fakku.

Spoiler those images.. -.-

So, totally expecting the guards to be reasonable sentient chaps who, after a little bit of explanation, take away the wrong doers.  I mean Sara was a reasonable sentient gal, no reason the other NPC guards won't be.  Bonus lulz points if guard is a female who later joins harem.

You are assuming that the "guard" is an actuall sentient being instead of an automated punishment system with set parameters. The two rapists-to-be said they were already testing the limits of the guard, so that is kinda implying it is the latter.

So, totally expecting the guards to be reasonable sentient chaps who, after a little bit of explanation, take away the wrong doers.  I mean Sara was a reasonable sentient gal, no reason the other NPC guards won't be.  Bonus lulz points if guard is a female who later joins harem.

Actually it's not.

The Log Horizon manga is more or less an incoherent mess without the pacing of the anime. It does nothing to make you care for the characters, and the only reason to read it would be because you have read the novel or watch the anime. It jumps right into the action without even properly introducing the characters. The side story does a better job, without having to rely on people's familiarity with the characters established in the anime (in my case at least)

Spoiler

^ when the side story is better than the main/actual story^

huh__ok_doctor_by_gacrewmember4life-d577

Actually it's not.

Spoiler

^ when the side story is better than the main/actual story^

huh__ok_doctor_by_gacrewmember4life-d577

Dat cliffhanger

333373-gb50.jpg

Nazuna best girl, calling it.

4 chapters and a cliffhanger already?!

Were we just greeted by Hamelin?

Well this character is on small list of MCs that "dodged the slap" .

That's always a plus in my books!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics