Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 208votes)

Sekai Maou

Alt Names: alt 世界魔王alt セカイ魔王alt 세계마왕alt World Demon Lord
Author: Futami Sui
Artist: Futami Sui
Genres: 4-Koma 4-KomaAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: 300 years ago, the demon lord attempted to take over the world but was defeated by a hero. But now, the demon lord has been reincarnated in the form of a cute girl who doesn’t have any memory of her past. She still retains the same deadly powers, but her only resource is the memory robot assistant. The reemergence of the demon lord also means that somewhere, a new hero has appeared. The demon lord sets out and locates this new hero but, the one she finds is Alsha, a timid boy who's weaker than the average human. This is the story of the most powerful demon lord in history and the weakest hero in history.
Go to Sekai Maou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Could anyone possibly link the webcomic / the raws? Thanks! New Window aVylaar Xmas :) ★
  • 0 Replies

332 Comments

With that amount of documented info about heroes there must be some kinds of "Hero's journey reenactment community" that are stronger and more experienced than the current hero

If the maou are like that, i'll just ask her to marry me on the spot. S'if cut down maou that CUTE

Lol the Maou getting pretty just for the Hero...ADORABLE!!!

...or maybe the sword was kinda a light saber then the blade part probably is not that important...

Probably.

obvious, it was just so obvious that the other guy got his sword -_-

that last page was just hilarious.

I really love the softness of this manga, so fluffy~

Uhhh... well that was anticlimactic~

meanwhile senyuu 

You mean Navi the Curb Stomping Fairy? Better start listening to her.

"HEY, LISTEN!"  *Punches the hero out flat*

The hero vanished from the final town and was never heard from again but was later hailed as apparently victorious since the fighting stopped...

Spoiler

Speculation spoilers, just in case.

You mean Navi the Curb Stomping Fairy? Better start listening to her.

...Why can't my Legend of Zelda games be something like this?  I'd be laughing tons while playing.

My fav facepalm manga~

Yaaaay, the hero gets to do something hero-like! I'm actually pretty happy for him! Way to go, buddy, don't forget who brought you here!

Who? The fairy or the Hero Tour Agency?

Noooooooooooooooooo!!! Those souvenirs!!!! DX Never split someone from their stuff!!!!

Yaaaay, the hero gets to do something hero-like! I'm actually pretty happy for him! Way to go, buddy, don't forget who brought you here!

Where/how did you read these? I can't find anywhere to get the raws. 

I've read the chinese version. It is about 39 chapter so far but probably right now theres more chapter that were not updated yet.

I've read the later chapters (30 chaps or so...)

Spoiler

Where/how did you read these? I can't find anywhere to get the raws. 

Actually, it is. War between humans and demons triggering the hero-vs-demon lord conflict, video-game style is the entire underlying theme. Its just that the war takes a backseat to the comedy hijinks.

Not really, although there is a hero-vs-demon lord setting, none of the human or demon are actually having war with each other in this story. The humans are already living a peaceful life and at most the conflict would only be them fighting off random monsters that does not have intelligence, it is still not up to the scale of wars being considered.

I've read the later chapters (30 chaps or so...)

Spoiler

Why don't we all just shut up and laugh at the funnies, ok?

Thanks for this manga Comet Scans.  It's an amusing little side-project, heh.

i can agree with a decade or so but a century is pushing it, since the concept was already available within private enterprises since the 1940's , the natrual progression of technology would have led to the internet , i don;t think it would take 100 yrs.

Sorry, I had to speak up. The idea that private enterprise would "naturally progress" towards certain technology is bullshit. History is littered with cases of older/inferior/superior/newer technology (sometimes) being crushed legally/financially/politically/socially by competitors who simply did not want to compete.

Thomas Edison infamously tried to kill the usage of AC electric distribution. Edison tried to destroy AC usage so badly he had an elephant put down using AC power and built the world's first electric chair powered, of course, by AC power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Currents

Lets just say you guys are too absorbed on Maoyuu's concept and drop the war topic. War isnt even a theme for this manga...

Actually, it is. War between humans and demons triggering the hero-vs-demon lord conflict, video-game style is the entire underlying theme. Its just that the war takes a backseat to the comedy hijinks.

Lets just say you guys are too absorbed on Maoyuu's concept and drop the war topic. War isnt even a theme for this manga...

i can agree with a decade or so but a century is pushing it, since the concept was already available within private enterprises since the 1940's , the natrual progression of technology would have led to the internet , i don;t think it would take 100 yrs.

Yeah but 'natural progression' is a random variable - we never know - and it's like freakin' Time Warner right now - if noone like Google Fiber rises up we'll be stuck with Time Warner and their lousy internet for the next decade or so because the executive want to sit on their money. There's even a fiber optic provider in North Carolina that basically got 'shut in' because Time Warner decides that they're a threat and asks the state to box them in so they can't poke Time Warner from the side.

Often our own kind are the ones which stunt our progress. Just like how some wars (sorry I ended up going back to the topic) are political games of the powerful that ended up benefiting noone else but them (those minor wars which didn't affect the world but just a number who suffered, or local skirmishes incited by profiting third-parties).

You guys are discussing wars whilenpointing particular examples and counter examples.. but just like all philosophical debates, there's no one answer.

But let's put it this way. If America didn't waste so much money on military we might not be chatting today because they may not yet have felt the need to kickstart or publicize Internet :P Might needed a few more decades or century~

I don't know...kinda refuting history there. Many of our best technological advancements were done for or originally sourced in the military. And population? I suppose the baby boomers don't exist. Those changes don't necessarily all occur during a war, but the periods right before or right after a war wouldn't be the same without the war.

If you devote huge amounts of resources to something, then results will come out of it.  But that is not an argument that absent that something, those resources would not have existed and doing something else with them would have had no result.  There's a lot of talk devoted to arguing that war is fundamentally creative, mainly by people who think war is cool and have little personal experience of death.  I have little experience of death, and I'm not fundamentally amazingly empathetic, but I like to think I can rise above my parochial position.

We can cherry pick this technology and that technology, but studies indicate that overall, military research is markedly less productive than civilian research.  Incidentally private research tends to be less productive than public research; one factor in both cases is secrecy.  Public civilian research is literally public:  Findings are published, ideas and technologies can be learned and built on by other researchers.  There is so damn much military research that it would be amazing if it hadn't had any notable successes.  A secondary point is that a lot of the story of research is the story of scientists and academics with ideas looking for funding to develop them.  In the modern US, many of them will go to the military and tell a story of why their ideas will be militarily useful.  If the big funding was coming from some other source, I strongly suspect that the people who came up with the internet would have gone to that other source and spun a slightly different story about what these communication protocols were going to do, and we would have had the internet anyway except without the "it's designed to survive an attack" topspin.

The only difference--without the money sucked up by the military, maybe we'd all have Korean-style fast fibre connections by now.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics