Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.73 - 94votes)

Tsubasa to Hotaru

Alt Names: alt つばさとホタルalt 翼与萤火虫alt Kanatlar ve Ateş Böceklerialt Sommer der Glühwürmchenalt Wings and Fireflies
Author: Haruta Nana
Artist: Haruta Nana
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Sonokawa Tsubasa - 15 years old.
A bubbly, energetic girl who's called 'stalker' by a lot of her classmates because she chases after the guy she wants relentlessly. After getting rejected by an upperclassman who saved her at the train station, she decides to help her childhood friend, Yuri, with her job as the basketball club's manager. There, she meets quiet, unobtrusive Akkey...
Go to Tsubasa to Hotaru Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tsubasa to Hotaru OVA New Window Kasuya
  • 6 Replies

112 Comments

what i learn:

why would anyone want to be a manager of a basketball club,  :/ 

washing clothes full of sweat,had to clean the bottle, fill up the bottle with tea,washing towel, doing it again..

liek wtf.., why would anyone want to.. and not getting paid too?,  i don't understand..

sure to be with the boy you liek, might be something..but was that the only way?, being a slave ? and you paid the school too.. it was just dumb to me..

logic=  not found

then again it's a fangirls.. i shouldn't have question it..

Well, mind you, I've gotten the impression that in Japanese the "you" is sort of implied although it can be ambiguous.  So presumably she just said "Suki . . ." and a normal person would get that she meant "I like you" (although manga have been known to play with dense people assuming different).

There could be ways to misunderstand or maybe misheard, I mean they were surrounded by a crowd of people, or it could've been a word that started with suki- like sukiyaki?

It's bad to jump to conclusions when the sentence is not finished, right?

:|

Spoiler

pls mangaka we saw that rivalry coming from 1829382103 meters away

Annnd . . .

Spoiler

"I like..." !!!?!??!?!?!!!!!

Have to wait for the next chapter I guess

Well, mind you, I've gotten the impression that in Japanese the "you" is sort of implied although it can be ambiguous.  So presumably she just said "Suki . . ." and a normal person would get that she meant "I like you" (although manga have been known to play with dense people assuming different).

I think Toba-kun is starting to develop a slight crush on Tsubasa~ 

"I like..." !!!?!??!?!?!!!!!

Have to wait for the next chapter I guess

I was initially hesitant on giving this manga a shot after the disaster that is Stardust Wink, but I tried it out anyway, and glad to say it hasn't disappoint! :) After all the ridiculous amounts of jerk with a heart of gold/popular nice guy/brooding boy trope it's refreshing to see a change in the love interest that doesn't really fit into any of those archetypes. :)

Good job! Definitivamente las obras de esta mangaka son fabulosos y ni que decir de esos bishies que dibuja!!

-////u/////-

Aki por favor rechazala, por favor rechazala. Corre hacia donde esta Sonokawa! TuT

me encanta!!!, todos los meses como idiota revisando si subian cap xD :3, muchas gracias por ir traduciendo!

Thanks for the new chapter!

I'm liking Toba more and more... What to do? I see disaster in the horizon. 

Oh!!! me encanta este manga es tan lindo.. espero y pronto suban el siguiente capitulo,,,,

Gracias!!:3 Esperando el proximo cap!! *0*

Good job! -////U/////- 

This is just so cute. And something is definitely wrong with me...I really love reading shoujo manga... and I'm a dude.... it's just so cute!! (๑>ᴗ<๑)

You're in good company, old boy.  There are a surprising number of us.  

This is just so cute. And something is definitely wrong with me...I really love reading shoujo manga... and I'm a dude.... it's just so cute!! (๑>ᴗ<๑)

Hey bud, any man that can accept his feminine side is a real man :D

There's nothing wrong with you, you are just honest and awesome.

There's a good feeling of gentle innocence here and the stereotypes aren't jarring. Very promising.

I'm really starting to like Aki more and more :D

Really cute~ Can't help but compare it to stupid Stardust Wink >w< That was one disappointing manga. Geez, how I hate Mari-sensei. Anyway I hope I won't be disappointed this time. :)

Anime sounds like a good idea since an anime adaptation of Haruta Nana's eye-candy art is interesting. Btw, her childhood friend is so cute! Yuri ship! ;D

so cuteeee ~ the first volumes coming out in like 2 weeks-ish!

Hmmm . . . three pages in and I'm thinking "Chuck the love interest, go the Yuri route".  Both as a genre and a personal name.

I know, I know . . . not going to happen and I'm too much of a yuri fanatic.  But it's so obviously a better match!

I still have yet to start reading this but while reading the summary I was thinking childhood friend...that's a popular route...then i was like wait that's a girl...nah not happening but would be a very nice twist if it did!

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics