Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 82votes)

Shirogane no Nina

Alt Names: alt 銀のニーナalt Silver Ninaalt Серебряная Нина
Author: Itokatsu
Artist: Itokatsu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shutaro is an unemployed single man who recently returned home from Tokyo. When he opens the door upon his return, he finds a silver-haired girl flapping her skirt in front of a fan. The girl is Nina, his niece, who aspires to be an Akiba Idol.

With Nina, Shutaro will have an unforgettable summer break and beyond...
Go to Shirogane no Nina Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window Lvxi
  • 2 Replies

150 Comments

Most Randoserus are within the price range of 150-300 dollars. 575 buck means it's in a medium-high-priced range. Anyway, a grade schooler will have to keep one for six years, so investing 100 dollars a year for children isn't such a lousy deal.

Thanks for the culture lesson...but I grew up using 20 dollar backpacks and getting a new one every other year or so. I bought a laptop bag for traveling last year and it was 50 bucks. It's sturdy, comfortable, stylish, and withstood heavy abuse with no problems. It could easily last me 5 more years. And it was one of the more expensive ones I saw when I bought my laptop (most were 10-30 bucks).

And now I see that Japan gives their children 500 dollar backpacks, and most cost between 150-300. That's the the kind of price I expect for brand name women's purses and designer clothes...

Very few manga authors do research about the theme they're working on. In the last chapter they suggest northern europeans don't eat octopus, which is pretty much bullshit.

The author may very well know that N.Europeans eat octopus, but as good as the author may be, they may be writing in character and don't share the same level of knowledge as the author. Conveying that might be difficult but...

Ever remember being told when writing a story to "show, not tell"?

The author gave us an indicator of Tomoe's level of knowledge. All without outright telling us "She's a genius!" or "She's average" like a bad author would be more inclined to do. Ultimately the author is showing us how Tomoe is, at the expense of political correctness. I'm totally OK with that.

With that said, there's actually no bullshit to be seen or smelled, right?

575 bucks for a freaking backpack?????

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Most Randoserus are within the price range of 150-300 dollars. 575 buck means it's in a medium-high-priced range. Anyway, a grade schooler will have to keep one for six years, so investing 100 dollars a year for children isn't such a lousy deal.

575 bucks for a freaking backpack?????

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Very few manga authors do research about the theme they're working on. In the last chapter they suggest northern europeans don't eat octopus, which is pretty much bullshit.

Not exactly true. The majority of big-name mangaka with prime run manga are required to do proper research for their material because their widely-published series get a lot of feedback from serious readers. Making embarrassing mistakes due to ignorance can really screw up a mangaka's career, especially when socially or politically sensitive issues are at hand.

This, however, is a loli fanservice manga (apparently some people haven't caught on to this), so the same requirements don't apply. The mangaka is either extremely ignorant of way too many things for comfort or is portraying his characters as such. Nina herself can be expected to be ignorant of many things, being just a kid.

Is it me, or does this author like using Nina for fanservice?
Between the chapter3-bath scene and the translucent clothing... I frankly didn't expect this.

I'm hoping that isn't going to be a recurring thing, I just want another Usagi Drop that doesn't go to shit

Great...now I'm craving for some Takoyaki

Blessed be those, who get to eat things before knowing what it used to be. 

Is it me, or does this author like using Nina for fanservice?
Between the chapter3-bath scene and the translucent clothing... I frankly didn't expect this.

Spoiler

So. Freaking. Cute.

It's like manga authors have never attended a biology class or seen actual mixed-race kids of parents of different ethnicities. How does a black-haired, brown-eyed person give birth to a blue-eyed, silver-haired girl like Nina? The genes for Nina's coloring are all recessive (silver not even existing as a natural hair color) and it'd be most likely that she'd have brown hair and brown eyes.

This series is so well done!  Thank you for the translation.

You call those tits?  You sick bastard.  That's a child.

If that offends you, you should flee the internet right away. You'll never survive here.

most of the times you think a character got blond a silver hair in a manga it's just a brown nuance, having all charaters in the mnag have the same hair would be boring and hard to differ, not every mangaka thinks of his charas as foreign. And secondly mangas are just fiction and have their own world, so it's not like the entire manga-world only consist of halfbloods with only european traits, no that one manga got it's own world and what a coincidence one of those ultra rare halfbloods shows up...in almost all of them. Just think of it as a clamp manga, same characters, different worlds, different setttings.....etc.

Chapter 3 was pretty cute. I was not expecting it though, so I am glad no one was around while I was reading it.

hmm, story is just bland so far so im not sure if im gonna stick arou- OH LOOK TITS, I'LL STAY FOR A WHILE

You call those tits?  You sick bastard.  That's a child.

As winter approaches and the days get colder, nothing feels better than a nice, warm cup of tea and some good, old-fashioned loli fanservice.

hmm, story is just bland so far so im not sure if im gonna stick arou- OH LOOK TITS, I'LL STAY FOR A WHILE

You have good imagination.

somehow...i knew it was gonna end that wayali_001.gif

It's like manga authors have never attended a biology class or seen actual mixed-race kids of parents of different ethnicities. How does a black-haired, brown-eyed person give birth to a blue-eyed, silver-haired girl like Nina? The genes for Nina's coloring are all recessive (silver not even existing as a natural hair color) and it'd be most likely that she'd have brown hair and brown eyes.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, in an industry where Japanese people supposedly have hair and eye colors from all over the spectrum.

Also,  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WillingSuspensionOfDisbelief

"Silver" hair could actually be platinum blonde, which is natural, but mostly in children; the hair tends to darken with age, so you don't see it in adults often (well, excluding the dye jobs). As for a black-haired, brown-eyed person giving birth to a blonde, blue-eyed child? I'm Chinese and I have a copper beard, presumably from an Indian, Mongolian, or Middle Eastern ancestor somewhere; recessive traits do pop up, so Nina's traits aren't unbelievable, they're just extremely rare.

It's not impossible for her to have recessive traits, if her mother had them as well, and there's nothing stating that she doesn't.

I don't think realism is the top priority of mangakas. Just a hunch.
Usually, it's either :
1) everyone has black hair colour and everything is boring,
2) a sliver of foreign blood is used to explain fancy hair colours
3) fair haired japanese inexplicably common
4)
Spoiler

7f3Ydyg.png

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics