Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 82votes)

Shirogane no Nina

Alt Names: alt 銀のニーナalt Silver Ninaalt Серебряная Нина
Author: Itokatsu
Artist: Itokatsu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shutaro is an unemployed single man who recently returned home from Tokyo. When he opens the door upon his return, he finds a silver-haired girl flapping her skirt in front of a fan. The girl is Nina, his niece, who aspires to be an Akiba Idol.

With Nina, Shutaro will have an unforgettable summer break and beyond...
Go to Shirogane no Nina Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window Lvxi
  • 2 Replies

150 Comments

lmao But the childhood friend and the possible budding romance between her and Shutaro gives me hope that this won't happen. I didn't read Usagi Drop but I read the comments and looked it up and...no thanks.

Usagi Drop is very well done.  Read the first half (before timeskip), or even like everything except the last few chapters, and you'll say "Wow what an awesome manga!" and can pretend the ending never happened.

Your comment makes me feel like a cold heartless and ruthless killer. It's a good slice of life but I don't get those moment.

every one is different.  what makes you "warm and fuzzy"

This series makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside every time I read it.

Not fair for Nina to be so bloody cute.

Your comment makes me feel like a cold heartless and ruthless killer. It's a good slice of life but I don't get those moment.

This series makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside every time I read it.

Not fair for Nina to be so bloody cute.

Great series, but is that the only dress she owns?

24mt7br.png

In a nutshell~

As long as this series doesn't do a disgusting swerve and break/spit on/salt/defecate over/abuse my heart like Usagi Drop did, I'm sold.

lmao But the childhood friend and the possible budding romance between her and Shutaro gives me hope that this won't happen. I didn't read Usagi Drop but I read the comments and looked it up and...no thanks.

32629028.jpg

Every chapter.

Spoiler

*face palm*

I like the banter between the siblings

2co3k1t.jpgBloomers~~~~

As long as this series doesn't do a disgusting swerve and break/spit on/salt/defecate over/abuse my heart like Usagi Drop did, I'm sold.

Is it me, or does this author like using Nina for fanservice?
Between the chapter3-bath scene and the translucent clothing... I frankly didn't expect this.

inbetween this and nina's goal as an idol do you really think this author is above usagi dropping the bass

It is strongly implied in the previous chapters, as well as throughout this manga, that Nina takes her QUOTES from FICTITIOUS Precan Anime, which is obviously a parody of Precure series.

And "一回しかない人生だし" is not really attributed to anyone as far as I know. A Google search shows Son Masayoshi, CEO of SoftBank, said that phrase. You can look up English wikipedia for more info. It mentions Goethe and Johann Strauss II.

Even though Precan (aka Precure) is obviously Nina’s favourite series, Nina likes other anime/manga too, so the quote could easily be from another series.

I did search the quote on google, and I didn’t find a specific anime/manga series that this quote is attributed to, so that’s why I asked if anyone here knows. Thanks for trying to help me though.

Sorry, I didn't explain clearly: I'm not saying that YOLO originated from an anime/manga, because I also know of the quote from before
I'm saying that a (probably very popular) manga/anime made the quote more famous: for example, an anime/manga might be known for this quote.
Furthermore, nina's quote in chapter 1 was also from an anime.

Even if you still disagree with me, I'd appreciate it if you just tell me of another anime/manga that has the full quote (not just the abbreviation): you live (your life) only once.

It is strongly implied in the previous chapters, as well as throughout this manga, that Nina takes her QUOTES from FICTITIOUS Precan Anime, which is obviously a parody of Precure series.

And "一回しかない人生だし" is not really attributed to anyone as far as I know. A Google search shows Son Masayoshi, CEO of SoftBank, said that phrase. You can look up English wikipedia for more info. It mentions Goethe and Johann Strauss II.

It's not from a specific manga or anime, the proverb has been pretty well-known as it is, especially with the recent desecration of it due to "#yolo".

Sorry, I didn't explain clearly: I'm not saying that YOLO originated from an anime/manga, because I also know of the quote from before

I'm saying that a (probably very popular) manga/anime made the quote more famous: for example, an anime/manga might be known for this quote.

Furthermore, nina's quote in chapter 1 was also from an anime.

Even if you still disagree with me, I'd appreciate it if you just tell me of another anime/manga that has the full quote (not just the abbreviation): you live (your life) only once.

I had the feeling before, but now I'm certain: Itokatsu-sensei (this mangaka) clearly likes Otaku no Musume-san.

Does anyone know which anime/manga, this quote  'you only live your life once' is from? I'm certain it's an anime/manga because even hayate no gotoku references it.

It's not from a specific manga or anime, the proverb has been pretty well-known as it is, especially with the recent desecration of it due to "#yolo".

Nina is so DAZZLING 

I had the feeling before, but now I'm certain: Itokatsu-sensei (this mangaka) clearly likes Otaku no Musume-san.

Does anyone know which anime/manga, this quote  'you only live your life once' is from? I'm certain it's an anime/manga because even hayate no gotoku references it.

This manga reminds me of Usagi Drop.

Oh god no...

hopefully before the Time Skip

this manga...
angel-beats-cute-o.gif

Nina is so DAZZLING 

tumblr_l8m99xDM0Z1qzwj9fo1_250.gif

However, I disagree with the price range quoted in the previous post. You can find perfectly good new randoseru for under 50 bucks. The expensive ones are usually sold as part of a first-timer's package to parents who are having their kids enter first grade. Run-of-the-mill ones usually bought as replacement are cheaper.

Right, I forgot about "made in China" randoserus made of plastic around 10000 yen or less.

But seriously, where can you get "perfectly good new randoseru for under 50 bucks" or 5000 yen?

Thanks for the culture lesson...but I grew up using 20 dollar backpacks and getting a new one every other year or so. I bought a laptop bag for traveling last year and it was 50 bucks. It's sturdy, comfortable, stylish, and withstood heavy abuse with no problems. It could easily last me 5 more years. And it was one of the more expensive ones I saw when I bought my laptop (most were 10-30 bucks).

And now I see that Japan gives their children 500 dollar backpacks, and most cost between 150-300. That's the the kind of price I expect for brand name women's purses and designer clothes...

That's exactly what Nina got: A brand name designer backpack (as dumb as that sounds). It should be noted, though, that in Japan randoseru must follow strict national standards and is, as the store clerk, pointed out, seasonal and produced in limited quantities each year. This is partly why the thing is so expensive. In Japan, around March you'd start seeing randoseru in stores. By May they'd be gone and you'd have to go to specialty stores or get them from the schools if you needed a replacement. Many private schools actually hand out their own unique randoseru that sort of serves as a badge for the pupils.

However, I disagree with the price range quoted in the previous post. You can find perfectly good new randoseru for under 50 bucks. The expensive ones are usually sold as part of a first-timer's package to parents who are having their kids enter first grade. Run-of-the-mill ones usually bought as replacement are cheaper.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics