Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 82votes)

Shirogane no Nina

Alt Names: alt 銀のニーナalt Silver Ninaalt Серебряная Нина
Author: Itokatsu
Artist: Itokatsu
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shutaro is an unemployed single man who recently returned home from Tokyo. When he opens the door upon his return, he finds a silver-haired girl flapping her skirt in front of a fan. The girl is Nina, his niece, who aspires to be an Akiba Idol.

With Nina, Shutaro will have an unforgettable summer break and beyond...
Go to Shirogane no Nina Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest chapter discussion New Window Lvxi
  • 2 Replies

150 Comments

Good read, thanks for sharing. Although, I feel bad for my batoto nieces and nephews who can only stare at the pages.

Well, there is still CR, I guess.  :rolleyes:

Freaking Hell, Not again

So much healing like Yotsuba and Barakamon.

I need more user51529_pic75433_1391114012.png

there an upload on manga-fox until chapter 25...though not all people like manga-fox, but if really like this series you can read it there..Click the link below and enjoy, just a remainder though mangafox resolution is not as good as Batoto.

http://mangafox.me/manga/shirogane_no_nina/

yeah that one

There is also I am Hero.

god dammit

Sigh

Anyone else experiencing a lot of 404 error images in ch 17?

fixed. thank you for letting me know.

Thanks to AP and his team for the effort they put in this manga. I really enjoy it to this point. And speaking of the chapter, good thing that that girl re-appear, I wanted to see her once again (not pedo)

wasn't that gakkou gurashi ??

yeah that one

there are no nina anymore?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if only i can read and translate japanese :'(

@all

there was some saving issue.

I'll go ask Lvxi to fix it. In the meantime, download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq6s893x8qn2uqm/Shirogane%20no%20Nina_v02_ch017%20%5Bdiscontinued%5D.zip

Lvxi, you guys have been absolute champs in bringing this to us. I'm taking your advice. Not Cruchyroll, since I've found them to be massive and unrepentant twats, but I will be buying raw versions of the tankobon, despite understanding roughly 1st-grade level Japanese. (If Nina can study every day so that she can talk with her friends and family, I can take 20 minutes out of my pointless day to teach myself some basic Japanese so I can read the stories I love.)

So I salute you, good fellows. You've done us a great service, and I am in your debt.

Hope to see you around in the future.

theres something kinda like that but the twist is after one chapter

wasn't that gakkou gurashi ??

you're going to stop translating, Norway!! D:

btw thanks for all the hard workd, it's really a cute and good series I think it got a lot of potential to be animated.

Nina is trying hard learning moon. What about YOU?

Anyone else experiencing a lot of 404 error images in ch 17?

Wait, I somehow missed why this is discontinued...

I'd be very grateful if someone would enlighten me :(

Chapter summaries for c18-32

Spoiler

Thanks for these, just wish Crunchyroll had them on their site :(
Chapter summaries for c18-32
Spoiler

just so moe !

What do racial genes have to do with behaviour? She was raised by her mother, who was Japanese, alone and it seemed like her mother was fond of telling stories about Japan so it'd makes sense that she acts a bit Japanese. Perhaps what's bothering you is that the author doesn't focus much on the fact that she's Finnish, but rather on that she's a foreigner who truly knows little about Japan?

And I would agree with you that it would have been a few tidbits of Finnish culture here and there that would be an alienating topic to most readers. I remember the first time reading manga, I had to google every untranslated term that the translator didn't bother to explain much about. And it wold take a huge stretch of the imagination to have Nina do a full blown explanation on the topic... in Japanese.

Also, I don't think children are really that focused on social customs enough for it to show on a daily basis outside of language(and Nina does seem to butcher her Japanese). I've had cousins go to America on a vacation and come home  near fully encultured, they even picked up the accent(though a bit butchered). Of course, our country does have a colonial obsession with America, but Nina is pretty obsessed with Japan too.

In short, Nina isn't a "blank-slate Japanese" as you call it, but rather a "blank slate foreigner", and since she's a kid that's kinda justified... in more ways than one for me, hehehe ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

"Racial genes" have nothing to do with behavior.  Being a blue-eyed, platinum blonde daughter of a (presumably) full japanese is unrealistic, but since it's "cute" it gets handwaived.  She's finnish because stereotypical scandinavians are blue-eyed platinum blonds.  I agree that kids pick up new culture and accents really easily, but she is already fairly old and yet didn't manage to get ANY cultural traces aside from the generic cute "ye olde butcherede japanese" foreigners always have on manga.

Now, I'm not saying the author is wrong; he knows what his target audience (japanese Manga Action consumers) wants and he's giving it to them.  It's unfair to expect him to cater to us; Japanese love those wacky gaijin, so it's those wacky gaijin they get.  Koreans generally expect better research, so manhwa generally have better researched foreign cultures and less wacky foreigners, so they get that.

That doesn't make her any less culturally japanese, though.  Maybe crossed with the fiction version of amnesia.

I was just thinking it would be awesome if someone made a manga like this but turned it into a zombie survival manga without warning after a few volumes

theres something kinda like that but the twist is after one chapter

I was just thinking it would be awesome if someone made a manga like this but turned it into a zombie survival manga without warning after a few volumes

where did that came from I  wonder ...

I hope I'll never end up in the same situation as Shutaro... well, except if I have a little niece as cute as Nina :3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics