Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 134votes)

Kanojo o Mamoru 51 no Houhou

Alt Names: alt 51 Ways to Save Girlfriendalt 守護她的51種方法alt 彼女を守る51の方法alt Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Houhoualt Kız Arkadaşımı Kurtarmanın 51 Yolu
Author: Furuya Usamaru
Artist: Furuya Usamaru
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: February 23rd, 20XX.
Looking for a job in the famous TV station at Odaiba, college senior Jin Mishima attended the recruitment orientation. Not far away from the station, Nanako Okano, a gothic lolita trying to attend a concert, found out that her friends tricked her about the concert ticket because of jealousy. The two bumped into each other and "reunited" -- they were junior high classmates -- moments before an earthquake of Richter Scale 8.1 turned the island (the entire city, in fact) into ruins.
Go to Kanojo o Mamoru 51 no Houhou Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Scumbag mangaka [SPOILER] New Window Richard
  • 4 Replies

43 Comments

I am quite happy, I started reading this when there were only three chapters, and forgot the name..............
But it popped up on the Best rated manga list, & I found myself going :
"Oh, I remember that manga....It was pretty good. *Interest*"
As someone who actually went through the Tohoku-Oki Earthquake, I am glad to say they got a number of basic facts wrong in this manga.
I liked the
Spoiler
aside from these things (And really they aren't BAD. They're just things I as someone who lived in Japan and studied some of the Geology in the area as well as assisted some of the teams when they came to town to do sediment surveys and the likes) this manga was absolutely wonderful. They posed interesting questions about the way humans will act during a major disaster, how we will pull together or fall apart, and so on. The characters were strong and as the series progressed you could tell that they have in a way grown up and stopped being little kids.

So, critiques about the geology and sociology aside, the story was good. The plot elements worked, the characters were not 2 dimensional and they followed a compelling series of arcs that honestly had me eagerly reading.

It is rare to come across manga such as this, so when I read this (Yes, I started on MF a while before the big quake so when it happened I was more than a little tempted to reread this (We didn't have power and my computer finally died once and for all after my 2 back up power cells gave out 9 days into it. I later got power to the computer via my car and a DC AC converter LOL!).
I judged the manga by it's title, glad to have still given it a read. It's a great work. Recommend it if you come across it.
I'm gonna READ it AGAIN....hahaha.. cuz I remembered this manga.. :)
ang ganda eh. :P
good manga but didnt present enough of other factors in the disaster/calamity situation....
it seems that in a disaster we should look out for rape rage lol
A masterpiece. Full rating and an obligatory follow. Life is tough, and the message was very clear in this manga.
I really enjoyed the manga. Quite realistic, shows to what extent humanity can get when in crisis.
Such a great manga.
I learned a lot through reading this.
I also don't like seeing rape in my manga, but It's just fact that in these type of situations people are murdered and raped.
At least it shows you things that could really happen instead of it just being some random event.
This was really good and the length was perfect.
That was actually pretty good. Very informational, too.
I kinda want to see a real fire tornado. Was looking at some on youtube.
Well, I hope everyone who has read this is prepared to do something when an earthquake or any natural disaster really happens. I don't want to see stuff like rape and such in the near future. Hope we'll meet and cooperated in the future if such were to happen.
Well, great manga and was enjoyable to read.
^L^
Beatiful manga
I hate seeing rape used as a plot device, if they really felt like they needed it, I would have preferred attempted rape. It's way overused.

Also what's with the bizarre fascination with being weak and unable to do anything as your girlfriend is raped in front of you that I keep seeing? The mindset behind that is so alien to me.
Furuya Usamaru just gets better. This series, while not as bizarre as some of his other works, have a whole lot of heart in it.

Still, that mature tag is definitely not there for fun, even if the violence never gets too graphic.
Nice,I like it.
well it looks cool though
There were some issues with the numbering and naming of the chapters, so that's why it looks like that :D
lol nice way of adding chapter hahahaha

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics