Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.72 - 1341votes)

Ballroom e Youkoso

Alt Names: alt ボールルームへようこそalt Bienvenidos al Salón de Bailealt Bienvenue au balalt 볼룸에 오신것을 환영합니다alt 舞动青春alt Selamat Datang di Lantai Dansaalt Sweep over the Dance Hallalt Welcome to the Ballroomalt Добро пожаловать на паркет
Author: Takeuchi Tomo
Artist: Takeuchi Tomo
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: An ordinary middle school student, Fujita Tatara couldn't find any objective in life and spent his days idly.
One day, a group of delinquents picks a fight with him and he is saved by a mysterious man. After that, the man surprisingly takes him to a ballroom dancing class!
While being inspired by a girl dancer who goes to that school, Hanaoka Shizuku, and her partner, a genius dancer, Hyoudou Kiyoharu, Tatara starts dedicating his youth to dancesport.

2nd place in the 2013 Manga Taisho Awards and 6th at the Taisho Awards 2015.
Go to Ballroom e Youkoso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic why is chinatsu best girl?? New Window Knight K
  • 17 Replies
Topic Ballroom E Youkoso Anime Episodes Discussion New Window RWBY
  • 10 Replies
Topic News on the Author's Health? Hiatus Status? New Window theroadstopshere
  • 20 Replies
Topic The future of Ballroom E Youkoso New Window ElBichoRaro
  • 3 Replies
Topic Ballroom E Youkoso anime green-lit New Window ElBichoRaro
  • 9 Replies

1007 Comments

I want more more more !!!

pretty art, im curious to see how they will handle the dynamics of dancing.

also, female MC is pretty interesting, there should be a nice back story about her.

This manga has so many similarities with hajime no ippo. Gets bullied, gets saved by a pro boxer,watches a boxing match video,says he wants to become a pro boxer, pro boxer makes him attempt do to something impossible ( the leaves grabbing technique) and still manages to do it. Hope something happens with this girl though, kumi and ippo never went anywhere.

To be fair, thats a pretty "basic" set up for a Sport Anime

This manga has so many similarities with hajime no ippo. Gets bullied, gets saved by a pro boxer,watches a boxing match video,says he wants to become a pro boxer, pro boxer makes him attempt do to something impossible ( the leaves grabbing technique) and still manages to do it. Hope something happens with this girl though, kumi and ippo never went anywhere.

they kind of do, at least i think so from where i last left off

So far I think it's quite good, the art work and lines of the dancers are great, it really shows the movement. 

I cannot even express how much I've looked forward to seeing this. Thank you so much, Simple Scans, I know for sure now that this is a fantastic work.

Hopefully this will take less than six months to get another half of a chapter

I like it so far but let see how far this goes, hopefully it will not be axed still much to soon to say

well guys except quite revealing dancing dress this manga has only 1 page which might be considered as fanservice. You warned - don't expect any more.

it's kinda sporty manga so you can expect many rivals, friends, victories and fails, competitions and trainings, technical details, stories and dancing video fragments - this is what you've got here.

No bouncing tits, no pantyshots, and so on.

This manga kinda makes me want to take dance lessons again...

*Sigh* If only i didnt dance like a robot every single time T.T

It's rare for manga in general to take on such a theme with potential epic proportions. There have been a few though (like Dance Subaru) so I hope this manga will prove itself in the long run. So far it's great and I love the comic aspect of it too. I like how this dance teacher is being realistic and pessimistic about the kid as well, he'll prove to be a great dancer over time.

As for the possible eicchi factor, I know it's a shounen but seriously...elegance. It's standard ballroom dancing (currently don't see any sign of latin despite the mention of it) and revealing costumes aren't what's going to make this manga great or what makes ballroom dancing great. Don't just sell skin. 

The premise is pretty interesting, not to mention that it seems realistic. It seems perfectly fine to me.

The fanservice in the first chapter actually seems pretty tasteful so far...I don't see any panties or gratutious cleavage.

Yesss! More proper dance.

As long as it doesn't turn ecchi.

A little ecchi is fine.  As long as the meat is lean.  That way it doesn't get in the way of dancing.

Yesss! More proper dance.

As long as it doesn't turn ecchi.

That may be your personal experience, or how you interpret it, but so far that's not what's happened in the manga.

So please, no more misogynist smack talk in the comments.

To be fair, I did feel like she went overboard in that comment, especially coupled with that really sharp glare she cast on him ( page 29 ).

Had it been just like a light playful tone, it would of been completely fine.

I mean, had I experienced this IRL, I would of been quite irk'd that someone would just cast some doubt on the integrity of my character like this, when the total one on one interaction i've had with this person is about 10 seconds.

Blackpool! I'm beginning to expect a cameo from Len Goodman.

- Hey you , guy, I've just glanced at  you once, for like 2 seconds , and i don't have a very good impression of you , but as time passes and i'll bust your balls some more , i'll change my opinion of you , and finally allow you to be my boyfriend , you ungrateful jerk .   :)

confident women that like to humiliate men for no reason you mean ?

That may be your personal experience, or how you interpret it, but so far that's not what's happened in the manga.

So please, no more misogynist smack talk in the comments.

Got to say the cover picture reminds me of Pheonix Wright. Just the thought of Pheonix dancing makes me giggle. Looking forward for future releases. Thanks for the work.

yup yup :]

- Hey you , guy, I've just glanced at  you once, for like 2 seconds , and i don't have a very good impression of you , but as time passes and i'll bust your balls some more , i'll change my opinion of you , and finally allow you to be my boyfriend , you ungrateful jerk .   :)

the good thing about strong confident female leads who initially don't have a good impression of the MC is that we get the satisfaction of seeing how her opinion of him changes as he starts trying hard and becomes more reliable

as opposed to the girl just randomly liking the guy from the start.

confident women that like to humiliate men for no reason you mean ?

I love me some confident female!

as you say.. ;) a woman who can take good care of herself and at the same time needs you... that kind of girl is awesome.. ^^

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics