Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 708votes)

Bonnouji

Alt Names: alt 煩悩寺
Author: Aki Eda
Artist: Aki Eda
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Fate brings two people who live in the same condo together on a typical afternoon. Ozawa (26) has just broken up with her boyfriend of five years and was in the process of trying to rebuild her life when she meets Oyamada who lives a couple floors below her. He is somewhat of a loner although he does have a few friends and his room is cluttered with all the random stuff that his impulse shopper brother sends him. Ozawa takes an interest with all the things in his room and the two start a friendship that slowly turns into something more.

Demographic is Seinen, please do not change to Josei or Shounen: http://www.mangaupdates.com/publishers.html?pubname=Comic+Flapper
Go to Bonnouji Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic fascinatingly good New Window Uller
  • 19 Replies

324 Comments

Awesome, thanks for the new chapter EGS!!

I don't understand how some people think that a relationship means there has to be arguments. Not all relationships are the same, and some relationships have the couple rarely fight at all. Besides, I don't think this is the point of this manga. This manga is to illustrate the growing romance between two people that started out as friends and enter a new realm of love and affection for one another. Basically, they're still in their honeymoon phrase.

I wish there were a Bonnouji Drama.

Just finished watching the Ando Natsu Drama, and immediately thought of Bonnouji. It would be so awesome.

Nice! Things are starting to heat up...

Shimapon...YOU DASTARD, you ruined her Vanilla feeling....

Also haven't you heard of couples that have stayed together all their freaken lives? I mean I wouldn't know if they fought or not, but shit... all those years together. That's some crazy ass love right there.

I'm a child of such couple who have stayed together all their lives (they're not dead yet, but I can't see them separating anytime soon). As they approached 60, they started to view everything (from what the government should do, to how to cook egg in the microwave...) very differently, and they ultimately can't get along. they both have said that they love us (me and my brother) than each other just because we're the only ones in the family they could talk to. Heck, they're even jealous of each other when one of us seems to favor talking to one than the other :/

Why are my parents still together? It's not love, it's trust. They may not agree with each other about decision or methods, but they both know that they are always truthful to each other and would never lie to cover up mistakes (they don't trust us in that sense, btw :P ). Their sex lives afaik are good (yep, I'm not one of those people grossed out by the image of my mother giving my father a blowjob) . And at their age, they can't be assed to find an equally good companion (if that person even exists) if they separate.

the last chapter is chapter 35 people... PREPARE YOURSELVES!!!!

i see now that bonnouji can truly heal you. been feeling crap all day today and thought about rereading this manga for a distraction.

and voila! all my frustration seems to be gone afterwards.

The power of reread is strong in this manga.

True story

I wish this manga never endscrazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378...but all good things must come to an endcrazy-monkey-emoticon-081.gif?1292792400

The power of reread is strong in this manga.

The relationship is boring and awkward, how can the author keep it this shallow for so long.

unrealistically perfect relationship. how they not have even a single disagreement/argument??

BUT i guess that's why people read this kind of series, for escapist dreaming of impossibly ideal relationships

Find an attentive herbivore Japanese male. Make sure he's not fashionable and wears glasses that'll keep him plain and unattractive to other women. Bam that's like half of the problem solved right there. Oh and make sure he doesn't have a social work environment a good job for him is being a houseprogrammer(similar to housewife). Now your half done with a perfect relationship the other half depends on the girl... =P

Also haven't you heard of couples that have stayed together all their freaken lives? I mean I wouldn't know if they fought or not, but shit... all those years together. That's some crazy ass love right there.

Years later, these two are going to be eating at a fancy restaurant somewhere, and Oyamada's just going to whisper "Robonnouji" in Ozawa's ear. And watch her spew wine all across the table.

DEAR AKI EDA MAKE THIS HAPPEN NOW DAMMIT! NOW! Err WAIT... later on!! Like on their 5th or 10th wedding anniversary or something.

*Insert manly voice and choose accent(Spanish, French, Australian, British, and or whatever works)* "Robonnouji..." 

TOO SHORT!! But still better than nothing. Thanks EGS

unrealistically perfect relationship. how they not have even a single disagreement/argument??

BUT i guess that's why people read this kind of series, for escapist dreaming of impossibly ideal relationships

i can't really agree with this, what makes you think it is unrealistic?, fights don't crop up from nothing EVER, and both respect eachother and the others thoughts, meaning they have no need to force their opinion on the other one. 

Example she might think something he does is a waste of time, but she think it's his time to waste rather then telling him to stop wasteing time and spend time with her.

atleast this is my thought.

...Only ROBONNOUJI can save us now!

Years later, these two are going to be eating at a fancy restaurant somewhere, and Oyamada's just going to whisper "Robonnouji" in Ozawa's ear. And watch her spew wine all across the table.

Hah! The new chapter's hilarious, thanks EGS!!

unrealistically perfect relationship. how can they not have even a single disagreement/argument??

I see nothing wrong with her new "meat buns." They look deliciously pinchable/squeezable to me.

Here's to a long, long relationship between those two weirdos xD

chapter 32 was so sweet

TLnote: Konbini = Convenience Store

Spoiler

why is this manga so...good? (emotionally)

This manga makes me happy in my happy place. And also kind of sad, in my sad place.

I wish this manga never endscrazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif?1292792378...but all good things must come to an endcrazy-monkey-emoticon-081.gif?1292792400

Whenever I'm having a bad day...  I just sit down and open up this series...  and I feel a little better afterwards.  x3

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics