Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 155votes)

Seven Little Sons of the Dragon

Alt Names: alt 九井諒子作品集2 竜のかわいい七つの子alt 竜のかわいい七つの子alt Kui Ryōko Sakuhin-shū: Seven Little Sons of the Dragonalt Ryuu no Kawaii Nanatsu no Koalt The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children
Author: Kui Ryoko
Artist: Kui Ryoko
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A series of seven stories revolving around lives where fantasy intertwines with our known worlds. In historical and modern landscapes, there are unique circumstances brought about by dragons, mermaids, spirits, and so on.

Nominated for the 2013 Manga Taisho Awards.
Go to Seven Little Sons of the Dragon Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

53 Comments

Don't return hollow black sentiment with hollow black sentiment (or it will cause a rift between the worlds to open and we'll be overrun by deadly things with too many tentacles and then we will all be sad).

Heh, okay I surely don't want that to happen.  

Chapter 5 ending was so sweet ;_; 

Wow, try not to cut yourself with all those edges. 

Hey. That's not nice. Don't return hollow black sentiment with hollow black sentiment (or it will cause a rift between the worlds to open and we'll be overrun by deadly things with too many tentacles and then we will all be sad).

Although I do have to wonder what manga the OP is reading. It doesn't seem to be this one. While none of the endings are downright tragic, there's definitely plenty of mellow bittersweet here. Is everything that doesn't end in ash and death a "Disney Movie"? =.=; Maybe only the first chapter was up when (s)he said that.

P.S. Yay translators! I love this author's work's dearly.

Thank you for the release. Ch.5 just makes one go 'awwww'.

Pretty good story... for 7 year olds.

"Dragon" issues aside, this reads like old school Disney. Sad story, sad world, sappy ending that ignores the fact that the world is still sad.

Wow, try not to cut yourself with all those edges. 

Should read her new serialization Dungeon meshi. It is very interesting.

Woah, a new chapter since forever ago. Thanks.

Once again, in Vietnamese Culture, Kỳ Lân is a kind of dragon (consider as half dragon), it can fly. And another variant of Kỳ Lân is Long Mã. Kỳ Lân can fly without wing, while Long Mã can fly also, but usually running on water.

In Vietnamese mythology creature book:

"Một dáng hóa thân khác của kỳ lân là con long mã" => "An other variant of Qilin is Long Ma". And Long Ma in Vienamese culture, "Long" is dragon, symbol of flying up and down as "vertical" and "time", "Ma" is horse, symbol of "Horizontal" and "space", can fly/run any where in space and time.

it cant be considered a dragon just because it has dragon features, these creatures are often chimerical, therefore people never really considered them to be related to the creatures that they share characteristics with. thats why in every description its never "half dragon-half beast"(quilin) but "a creature with the head that's half dragon half beast"

Second chapter becoming reference, I don't think this manga is so much about dragons, but just mythical creatures (interacting with human lives). If anything the only connection to dragons I see are human projections from their own myths.

the qilin, even in vn culture is not a dragon. it has its own identification and rank, sometime considered to be an equal to a dragon, but not the same thing and also, it definitely cannot fly, they can walk on water, not fly, quilin and long ma.

Also, its not uncommon for mythical creatures of sinicized culture to have mixed body charateristics. just because it had dragon scales doesnt mean its a dragon.

Once again, in Vietnamese Culture, Kỳ Lân is a kind of dragon (consider as half dragon), it can fly. And another variant of Kỳ Lân is Long Mã. Kỳ Lân can fly without wing, while Long Mã can fly also, but usually running on water.

In Vietnamese mythology creature book:

"Một dáng hóa thân khác của kỳ lân là con long mã" => "An other variant of Qilin is Long Ma". And Long Ma in Vienamese culture, "Long" is dragon, symbol of flying up and down as "vertical" and "time", "Ma" is horse, symbol of "Horizontal" and "space", can fly/run any where in space and time.

Chapter 2 was interesting. Kind of reminded me of some of the underlying themes of Centaur's Worries.

• pen likes this

ch2 is like Nagi no Asukara o_O

Really liked this chapter, thanks Blue Flor.

I enjoyed this, looking forward to reading more!

I'm talking Longma in Vietnamese, not Chinese. In Vietnamese culture, Longma is Kỳ Lân/Qilin. In Vietnamese culture, Kỳ Lân has horse body with head scale of dragon. It is consider a type of dragon, other name is Longma. Depsite Kỳ Lân don't has wings but can fly, at least in VIetnamese culture.

the qilin, even in vn culture is not a dragon. it has its own identification and rank, sometime considered to be an equal to a dragon, but not the same thing and also, it definitely cannot fly, they can walk on water, not fly, quilin and long ma.

Also, its not uncommon for mythical creatures of sinicized culture to have mixed body charateristics. just because it had dragon scales doesnt mean its a dragon.

Longma is not the Kỳ Lân,  Kỳ Lân refers to the Qilin, which maybe refered sometime as one another and Quilin is not a dragon.

I think the author is just being very liberal with dragons, with any big flying chimeric creature can be considered a dragon, since dragon is different in every culture.

I'm talking Longma in Vietnamese, not Chinese. In Vietnamese culture, Longma is Kỳ Lân/Qilin. In Vietnamese culture, Kỳ Lân has horse body with head scale of dragon. It is consider a type of dragon, other name is Longma. Depsite Kỳ Lân don't has wings but can fly, at least in VIetnamese culture.

srry double post

Longma in Vietnamese is Kỳ Lân, translate as Unicorn because in Vietnamese culture, depiste Longma is still like that but has no wing.

And I think the author way to descript how is dragon in East Asian culture. That why even Griffon is also a kind of dragon.

Longma is not the Kỳ Lân,  Kỳ Lân refers to the Qilin, which maybe refered sometime as one another and Quilin is not a dragon.

I think the author is just being very liberal with dragons, with any big flying chimeric creature can be considered a dragon, since dragon is different in every culture.

Dragons are a more diverse group than you might believe. 

Longma is a horse dragon, sometimes shown with wings.

Some depictions resemble a Pegasus. Is it no longer a dragon horse because it is a Pegasus? 

Some dragons are like turtle, lions, birds, men, etc.

Sometimes the thing needing suspension is not belief, but ethnocentric bias.

Longma in Vietnamese is Kỳ Lân, translate as Unicorn because in Vietnamese culture, depiste Longma is still like that but has no wing.

And I think the author way to descript how is dragon in East Asian culture. That why even Griffon is also a kind of dragon.

Dragons are a more diverse group than you might believe. 

Longma is a horse dragon, sometimes shown with wings.

Some depictions resemble a Pegasus. Is it no longer a dragon horse because it is a Pegasus? 

Some dragons are like turtle, lions, birds, men, etc.

Sometimes the thing needing suspension is not belief, but ethnocentric bias.

A dragon is a mythical creature and so it can be whatever a person wants to be.

Hate to say it but in the first story it was a griffon not a dragon. Sorry but the mythological definition of griffon is a mixture of a lion and an eagle, while the mythological definition of a dragon is a reptilian that can fly and might breath fire depending on which angle of mythology you are looking at.

Yes I know that the author may of said that it's a dragon he can call it whatever he wants but it is still a griffon no matter how you look at it.

IT'S A GRIFFON NOT A DRAGON, I will acknowledge that a proper dragon might appear but the dragon in the first chapter is a griffon

East Asian language sometime just usually call many creature are dragon, example: earth worm in Chinese is earth dragon just like Orc, Goblin, Demon is call "ghost man" (every humanoid creature is considerd as "man of ghost clan"), even Demon(Devil) King/Lord is called "Maou" (Ghost King - "Ma" is ghost and "Ou" is king) by Chinese/Japanese.

Pretty good story... for 7 year olds.

"Dragon" issues aside, this reads like old school Disney. Sad story, sad world, sappy ending that ignores the fact that the world is still sad.

Hate to say it but in the first story it was a griffon not a dragon. Sorry but the mythological definition of griffon is a mixture of a lion and an eagle, while the mythological definition of a dragon is a reptilian that can fly and might breath fire depending on which angle of mythology you are looking at.

Yes I know that the author may of said that it's a dragon he can call it whatever he wants but it is still a griffon no matter how you look at it.

IT'S A GRIFFON NOT A DRAGON, I will acknowledge that a proper dragon might appear but the dragon in the first chapter is a griffon

Its not any sort of tradition Dragon in story, but it doesn't suspend my belief that the people in the stories call them "Dragons". Just like how we have real life Dragons that aren't exactly the story book type ether. Very light and a good read.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics