Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.56 - 144votes)

Uchuu Kyoudai

Alt Names: alt 宇宙兄弟alt สองสิงห์ อวกาศalt Space Brothersalt Uchū Kyōdaialt Uchu Kyodai
Author: Koyama Chuuya
Artist: Koyama Chuuya
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life[no chapters] [no chapters]
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One night in 2006, when they were young, the two brothers Mutta (born 1993) and Hibito (born 1996) saw what appeared to be a UFO heading for the moon. They decided that night to both become astronauts and travel out into space.

In 2025, Hibito has become an astronaut, and he's going to go to the moon. Mutta ended up following a more traditional career path with an auto development company. However, Mutta just ruined his career through a violent altercation with his boss. Now, not only has he lost his job, he appears to be blacklisted in the entire industry. Maybe this is a rare opportunity for Mutta to once again chase his childhood dream and become an astronaut like his little brother!

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available from a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Uchuu Kyoudai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic thx for the whole volume translated!!! this made my day New Window Ronny Johan
  • 1 Replies
Topic Uchuu Kyoudai - Chapter Discussion New Window Buttock Follicle
  • 0 Replies

392 Comments

Mutta showing how much of a badass he is this chapter. I hope he just blows away the Americans that were making fun of him in the next test.

chapter 126, page 9; position 29°36′26″N 095°09′32″W

Spoiler

AsCan pilot: ahhh tower, ascan three, we got visual on some serious badass at 10 o'clock, heading 361. Please advice, over.

Control Tower: ascan three, tower, copy. carry on.

AsCan pilot: tower, ascan three, roger. out.

Wow, I feel somewhat more manly after this chapter.

damn so good, need more

If i look down and see space i'd black out and see stars instead

Man for the last few chapters, the last panel is spectacular.

Absolutely wonderful. Make a heart's note of this, if you're gonna do it anyway, aim for top-class.

That little inner point in the middle of the heart sounds impossible...you'd have to tumble perfectly and end up with your engines pointing the opposite direction, but then the G loads would be horrific.

Let's see how my clairvoyance is going…

… within the next couple of chapters, Mutta will draw a heart and Serika will be watching.

I like that Neil guy. He's teaching so much things about life to Mutta. He feels more like a father than a flight instructor.

There has to be something to do with aviation and badass grandfatherly/fatherly figures.  I remember instructors just like this guy at the Buttonville airport (my instructor was the consultant and pilot that flew between the skyscraper in Fly Away Home).  They are so frank on some of these stuff it makes you wonder, their training scares the crap out of me (I only had ~2hr flight time at that point).  Intentionally stalling to learn recovery (a quick nose dive into a max. time/distance glide depending on judgement), deploying only one front landing gear to simulate gear failure on landing, touch and go takeoff (needed this before the single landing gear training), knife edge maneuvering (fly the plane sideway and use the rudder as ailerons), looking over the shoulder piloting (it sounds silly, but it's hard training since whenever you look over your shoulder, you automatically bank the plane without even knowing, you have to be able to look over your shoulder with no change in your piloting) and the dreaded IFR (similar to the blinded piloting) which I never got around to.

I'm starting to think pilots everywhere share an universal outlook or something.  It's always prepare for the worse and fly your best with all the people I've met (except for the one french guy).

i have a sudden urge to play ace combat now.

I like that Neil guy. He's teaching so much things about life to Mutta. He feels more like a father than a flight instructor.

Shaarrooon!!

You are so strong waaaaah!

No matter how many times i read i still have a problem with mutta's hair.. I wish they would cut it army style anytime soon

Haaa, I see now... Now, it certainly makes sense.

Thank you very much, Rworld and Some_1 ! :)

Oliverfr, on 12 Jun 2013 - 19:58, said:
I'm curious guys, how could a suit prevent blacking out because of acceleration ? O_o

A G-suit works by regulating your blood flow and correct any abnormalities caused by the extra weight of G-force you body faces in a jet plane going super-sonic.

Your blood still has to fight against gravity even under normal circumstances. Your heart pumps to keep up the necessary blood pressure required for it to flow even upwards (i.e your legs). When a abnormal amount of G-force is forced onto your body, normal blood pressure becomes insufficient and hence it all gets forced downwards (to your legs again). Obviously, no blood from the hips up means you black out.

That's where the G-suit comes in. Over a certain amount of G-force the suit constricts your legs and forces the blood to go upwards back to your heart to be pumped again. Think of it as one of those blood pressure machine wraps you put on your arm, only this time it covers both your legs.

I'm curious guys, how could a suit prevent blacking out because of acceleration ? O_o

I'm just guessing, but:
Probably by applying pressure to the legs, to improve blood circulation. (Else there should be a risk of all your blood gathering in your legs during some movements, meaning nothing left for your brain...)

haha this manga is so good!

Awesome. I'm really liking the Deniel arc. Can't wait for Mutta to be able to pilot himself!

What chapter is this up to in Japan?

I Think there's 20 volumes. so about 200 chapters.

*makes giant balloon bubble in the cockpit

*bubble bursts, covering field of vision

*plane crashes

*end of the manga

Oliver! I love you!

*makes giant balloon bubble in the cockpit

*bubble bursts, covering field of vision

*plane crashes

*end of the manga

Speak of the devil and he shows up....

What chapter is this up to in Japan?

Search Comics