Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 226votes)

Amari Mawari

Alt Names: alt Around Amarialt あまりまわりalt 亚麻理的日常alt 아마리 마와리
Author: Kuroda Bb
Artist: Kuroda Bb
Genres: Comedy ComedyRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Guy has some "precious book" with some "wonderful pictures" that he can't show to anyone.... The reason being, most of his college friends can't really understand his "tendencies".

Of course, we wouldn't have a story if the guy didn't go through some life changing encounters (all thanks to that very same book).
Go to Amari Mawari Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Thus, I reviewed Amari Mawari New Window Swifft
  • 0 Replies

636 Comments

I sense a hint of romance

question guys: is there any romance in this? the girls seems kawaii

wut anime

A-channel

Spoiler

I see the resemblance both in character and looks.

wut anime

Gosick isn't Shoujo though and also takes place in Europe, so there are special rules. ;)

The Europe bit is one thing, but you're pointing out one of the bigger issues with the initial hair color stereotyping shiz. Amari Mawari is not a shoujo series, and Marian5390 was incorrectly trying to drive the shoujo stereotypes of blonde hair into it. That's the reason we're all posting walls of text like this. It's not a special case because it isn't shoujo; rather, shoujo is the special case scenario in the context of this series.

damn c12 is too cute!

Tell that to Gosicks Veronika (well, in the novel she's got ash-gray/silver hair, that's why she's called that way

”灰色狼” [Haiiro Ookami= Ash-coloured wolf] even in the anime where her hair is blonde) she's a deredere character with blonde hair {at least in the anime} xD

Gosick isn't Shoujo though and also takes place in Europe, so there are special rules. ;)

That's a pretty common mistake for new manga readers. I was confused for a long time with that. xD

It really looks like it without colour, but you can generally tell what colour their hair actually is by their personality.

Thing is, Japan has this cliche of sorts that blonde = delinquent/mean/cold/rebellious, so good girls (guys too, but especially girls) could never be blonde because then they wouldn't be good girls. On average (at least in shoujo, not sure about shounen) blonde-looking hair tends to be light reddish-brown. ^^ (Though that wasn't really the case for this character... ^^')

Tell that to Gosicks Veronika (well, in the novel she's got ash-gray/silver hair, that's why she's called that way

”灰色狼” [Haiiro Ookami= Ash-coloured wolf] even in the anime where her hair is blonde) she's a deredere character with blonde hair {at least in the anime} xD

Her hair feels like a dog's. . . . Amari Route confirmed.

Spoiler

I see the resemblance both in character and looks.

*Reads Chapter 11*

...Soooooo, Haru is literally going to end up marrying a bitch then?

if this doesn't turn into a fantasy manga with kemomimi/furry...

*Reads Chapter 11*

...Soooooo, Haru is literally going to end up marrying a bitch then?

Spoiler

ohhh refreshingly new meme

9OlIpXb.jpg

That's a pretty common mistake for new manga readers. I was confused for a long time with that. xD

It really looks like it without colour, but you can generally tell what colour their hair actually is by their personality.

Thing is, Japan has this cliche of sorts that blonde = delinquent/mean/cold/rebellious, so good girls (guys too, but especially girls) could never be blonde because then they wouldn't be good girls. On average (at least in shoujo, not sure about shounen) blonde-looking hair tends to be light reddish-brown. ^^ (Though that wasn't really the case for this character... ^^')

This is actually a common problem for seasoned manga readers as well since blonde hair really isn't all that uncommon in manga/anime and the light tone is more naturally associated with blonde/silver hair than red-brown hair.  Blonde hair would also be the prioritized choice for most people since silver/gray color is not found naturally to begin with.  Also, the characters who do have blonde hair aren't usually the delinquents who dye their hair in my experience; it's usually the ones who descended from or are of foreign blood and the Ojou-samas.

TL;DR - There is honestly no sure-fire way to tell until the first color pages.

Actually I was thinking she was blonde due to most long hair characters in manga that are colored white are swinging towards the light colors, and blonde being the most natural of them. And most silver/white haired characters are actually normally short haired in anime/manga (At least the ones I've seen).

That's a pretty common mistake for new manga readers. I was confused for a long time with that. xD It really looks like it without colour, but you can generally tell what colour their hair actually is by their personality. Thing is, Japan has this cliche of sorts that blonde = delinquent/mean/cold/rebellious, so good girls (guys too, but especially girls) could never be blonde because then they wouldn't be good girls. On average (at least in shoujo, not sure about shounen) blonde-looking hair tends to be light reddish-brown. ^^ (Though that wasn't really the case for this character... ^^')
Thing is, Japan has this cliche where a tsundere's hair can be any color under the sun, including but not limited to blonde (I'm going by the really loose definition of tsundere here). That's probably one of the reasons why he thought that her hair was blonde. That and the fact that blonde hair is very common in anime/manga (for shounen/seinen at least). Your stereotypes seem to be to0 shoujo-oriented to hold much too much ground in this particular case.
Spoiler
asdfghjlgldjfhrj so cute. The omochikaeri's are always so strong with Amari.
Spoiler

I thought she was blonde....

Is the author still working on A Channel then? Finally got Vol 1&2 to put my Tooru figure with, but admit to not having kept up with the ongoing manga in quite awhile.

Cover of first volume:

Spoiler

Cover added to the summary.

Spoiler

THE BREASTS TALKED

As expected of breast

Not something unusual... in hentai manga.

Spoiler

THE BREASTS TALKED

As expected of breast

Well, Kyouka's silvery hair does explain why Amari is more attracted to Haru's hair. Gold is relatively more shiny than silver is. Poor girl doesn't stand a chance.

Haru with animals is always an adorable sight to see.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics