Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 187votes)

Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Alt Names: alt ¡Señorita Shinosaki, a este paso te volveras Otaku!alt 宅女是如何炼成的alt 篠崎さん気をオタしかに!alt Miss Shinozaki, You Might Turn into An Otaku at This Rate!
Author: Hikawa Shou
Artist: Hikawa Shou
Genres: Comedy ComedySchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenShoujo Ai Shoujo AiSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: With her beautiful looks and outgoing personality, Shinozaki Akina used to be the leader of a group of hotties on the top of a class hierarchy. After her high school debut was delayed, however, she finds herself isolated in the class.

Next to Akina sits Sasamura Kaede, an otaku girl who can turn into a bishoujo with her glasses off. Akina decides to get Kaede out of the otaku life and groom her for a perfect high school life, but the only way to get close to Kaede is for Akina to pretend to be a Precure otaku herself to her chargrin...
Go to Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 1 Replies

416 Comments

The "girl who may have become a mother to me" line on the messageboard in Chapter 29 is sounds very similar to Char Aznable's odd line about Lalah Sune in Gundam.

Spoiler

Going deeper, Akina.

And thus Akina gazed into the world of fan fiction...

Sigh.. Akina is a terrible character.

Yea, it's not like every bro-sis relationship in fiction has to be friendly (or incestuous heh). Akina is selfish and Makoto do not mind her for the most part, reinforcing the behavior. They seem to like each other as brother and sister though. Also, Akina is really concerned about "appearance" and she sees otaku as disgusting, which is why she's super in denial about her being one. I imagine she just wants her brother to be normal-cool, and not bring in his "creepy" friends.

I've been thinking about the brother/sister relationship in this latest chapter, and I think that one of the main reasons why Akina doesn't want to see herself as an otaku is because her brother is obese. (Consider that when she thought of being an otaku, she envisioned herself as fat and physically disgusting as her bro). Because she grew up with her bro like that, and the only otaku friend Makoto was willing to let Akina near is so geeky (with darned good reason, though Akina won't ever know), she thinks that all otaku will turn out that way.

Had Makoto been a lot more physically fit, Akina wouldn't mind it at all...

As for the bro/sis relationship... I must admit I prefer the dynamics of Umaru instead - Akina is far too selfish and way too much in denial, and I really can't see too much love from Akina's side. Imo, Akina doesn't deserve Makoto.

Damn, Inulatoon is squick as fuck. That'd definitely have all the doujins by now.

Btw

/comics/2015/12/10/s/read56695e41955f4/img000002.png

Are the bottom two bubbles supposed to be like that?

I'm starting with ch1 again. I think I spot some changes(?). In a flashback about Akina's middle school friends, everyone is different and Touko is pretty much another person (maybe it's actually a "hidden" friend who might make an appearance), and Kuroko plays billiards instead of lacrosse. Oh and Usuba's first appearance seems to be ch3 but she seems adamant about Kuro being bottom instead of being open to both possibility(?) as seen in ch25.

edit: oh right, I think I've mentioned this before but their DS/3DS turned into PSP at some point. 

About the billiards vs lacrosse thing! That was just because I did not translate it properly. See, in that chapter the only picture we had of Kuro was that tiny little doujin cover. I saw what I thought were pool cues and balls, but in fact there were the shaft of lacrosse sticks. Kaede called the series "Kuro Raku," and I knew it was a parody of Kuroket, but I had no idea what the sort "Raku" was refering too. I eventually thought it meant "rack", as in pool rack, so it was translated into Billiards. 

Turns out it was "Raku" meaning "Rakurosu", which is how the japanese say "Lacrosse". Damn you Japanese Engrish! 

In later chapters it became obvious it was Lacrosse so I changed it, but I never went back to fix the early ones. 

"It's questionable what they're using to mark a their territory"? I don't think there's any question about what dogs use to mark their territory.

Fun fact : Splatoon takes place in a post-apocalyptic "the Earth was flooded" world, so territory is actually super valuable.

"It's questionable what they're using to mark a their territory"? I don't think there's any question about what dogs use to mark their territory.

I'm guess nice bro will notice first and bail her out.

So I was right...and then shot down 2 panels later. lol.

It's been a while since I caught up with this great series.

On a whim I decided to search if Hikawa Shou had any other works translated and available here.

Tons of results! None of which are Touhou doujins! So much enjoyable reading lined up!

... They're all by Ichikawa Shou

orz

I'm starting with ch1 again. I think I spot some changes(?). In a flashback about Akina's middle school friends, everyone is different and Touko is pretty much another person (maybe it's actually a "hidden" friend who might make an appearance), and Kuroko plays billiards instead of lacrosse. Oh and Usuba's first appearance seems to be ch3 but she seems adamant about Kuro being bottom instead of being open to both possibility(?) as seen in ch25.

edit: oh right, I think I've mentioned this before but their DS/3DS turned into PSP at some point. 

Several character design changes happened probably because chapter 1 was a one-shot. Serialization seems to have started six months after the first chapter was originally published. 

On Usuba, I say she's still adamant about Kuro being a bottom, going by chapter 25 page 24. Also, I'm guessing Usuba was the person Ayu was talking about back in chapter 13 page 11.

And now I want to see a new series with Usuba, Makoto and Hoshi in a rom-com love triangle.

...I really need to start laying off the manga some I think.

"If Akina spent some time with us, her inner Otaku might awaken." -imoto moe guy (beard)

Uh, couple VOLUMES late, losers...

"No, I'm telling you that Hell will freeze over before Akina becomes an Otaku." -Makoto

No wonder it's so cold down here.

And now we know where that MakotoXHoshi doujin came from...(I'm gonna bleach my brain now)

I personally don't think it was wrong for Akina to think of otaku as creepy based on what she's seen. Like, her big brother is actually an OK guy, but man do I hate all of his friends. The fact that she's still holding on to that notion at this stage is pretty absurd, though. Like, come on, girl, you've watched a mountain of PrePure, played a Monster Hunter game for hours on hours, you've cosplayed, attended Comichest, and even done tabletop roleplaying and you still think you hate otaku? The level of cognitive dissonance is staggering here.

Attually I don't think Akina hate Otaku but rather hate specific Otaku who is her borther (PS: I like her brother too) and his friends.

You can see, she doesn't treat poorly on girl Otaku. More like she feel embarassed.

And I don't think Akina can admit she was an Otaku, she fighting on her mind too. Yeah, she only do that to enter Kaede route ^_^ "It's not like she love it or anything so don't get the wrong ideal" ^_^

just like can you admit that you are gay just because you love Japanese Trap Manga.

I don't think so because "It's not gay if it's cute".

I personally don't think it was wrong for Akina to think of otaku as creepy based on what she's seen. Like, her big brother is actually an OK guy, but man do I hate all of his friends. The fact that she's still holding on to that notion at this stage is pretty absurd, though. Like, come on, girl, you've watched a mountain of PrePure, played a Monster Hunter game for hours on hours, you've cosplayed, attended Comichest, and even done tabletop roleplaying and you still think you hate otaku? The level of cognitive dissonance is staggering here.

That's what makes it funny for me, though.

minor name misspeling in pg 14.

Both light bl and yuri in this chapter.

That hoshi is he really into BL? or he is after Nanae!?

Also Makoto, beware of "Gae bolg"

Akina, The time has come. she needs to admit that she is an Otaku.

I'm guess nice bro will notice first and bail her out.

God I want her to be outed so bad. I know it won't happen but it would be great. 

Man this Usuba sure got a dynamic personality

and i lov it

RRIP

I love how she consults Pure Autumn every so often.

and so... the brother is the mastermind in secretly cultivating huge boobs without the sis noticing anything...

all hail fatso bro

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics