Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.68 - 230votes)

Qualia the Purple

Alt Names: alt 紫色のクオリアalt 紫色的Qualiaalt Murasakiiro no Qualiaalt Purple Qualiaalt Purple-colored Qualiaalt Qualia Púrpuro
Author: Ueo Hisamitsu
Artist: Tsunashima Shirou
Genres: Drama DramaMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiShoujo Ai Shoujo AiShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatou Manabu (nicknamed Gaku) has a very odd friend at school named Marii Yukari. Yukari has purple eyes and a bizarre way of looking at the world: she sees all living things as robots. This has not always worked out well for Yukari, even costing her a best friend when she was younger. However, Yukari insists that the things she says she sees is true, and her vision seems to give her insight into the abilities of others.

Gaku thinks she's just weird, but she soon realizes that Yukari has unexpected talents. It seems she can fix anything, and even the police come to hear her insights. It turns out that Yukari's purple eyes are not unique in the world! However, there is one important distinction among those who see humans as other objects. Do humans appear as unimportant as objects, or do those objects appear as important as human beings?
Go to Qualia the Purple Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

337 Comments

I think I would have liked to have seen more slice-of-life episodes like the extra chapters.

There's one more extra chapter at the end of volume three (Gaku tries to teach Yukari to swim, with humorous results).  I've got it largely translated, but I want to finish the remaining two chapters of the main story first.  Once I get past a few sentences that are making me tear my hair out, it should be fairly smooth sailing, but I don't have an estimated release date yet...

I think I would have liked to have seen more slice-of-life episodes like the extra chapters.

The science of probability has proved that magic does exist. Laws of physics will crumble. Einstein and Hawking are not relevant anymore. The whole universe is a LIE!!!!!!!!!

Man, haven't been so mind fucked recently.

She has to realise that the one collapsing the wave function isn't actually her, but Yukari. Because even after going meta and becoming the narrator and god of her reality, Yukari still observes her (and everything else) from a higher one due to her eyes.

That's my guess as to why Yukari can still see her as the "narrator". From her point of view, her robotic self just adapted in a very weird way.

Its based off a light novel so its the opposite. The editors are probably like when are you going to blow up the plot like in the novel...

Wait, Manabu just became the narrator of existence and still the plot hasn't blown up? The way things were going I thought we were down to the last few chapters and Yukari was going to make the big reveal on why she inevitably dies. What even the what???

How many light novels have been released? What volume does chapter 16 match up to in the LN?

EDIT: Never mind, I looked it up for myself. The LN is two volumes, unless my source is wrong.

i ROFL'ed so hard at the end of extra2 xD

though i kinda wish i got to see her fly, the eye beam was priceless xD

Not the person getting beamed.

They will LEARN to love it! For an instant…

Drills are a man's romance.

And a woman's lust.

Eyebeams? Well, everybody loves eyebeams.

Not the person getting beamed.

Drills are a man's romance.

And a woman's lust.

Eyebeams? Well, everybody loves eyebeams.

Not entirely sure a comment like this is super appropriate, but it feels like it's within the general realm of interest here. For any of those people interested in ever having this series in English, licensing company Vertical is currently doing a licensing survey for manga they should be acquiring in the near future. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TMSLP2X
Murasakiiro no Qualia is pretty much a total fit for the criteria they set forth, so there's a decent possibility that enough suggestions of it could actually lead to them picking it up. Which would basically be really sweet. Just a general heads up for those interested and who don't wanna miss out on this sort of thing.

why didnt yukari just use her robot everytime she is kidnapped ?

I'm quite interested in how the author thought up of this theory and implemented it in the form of this manga.

Do you know the Schroedinger's cat?

Do you think the cat itself can alter it's own state?

Gaku is inside the box so she can't alter the state of Yukari's death. The solution: get out of the box.

She's now an entity only capable of observing, but as she observes, she forces the universe to take a path: she "collapses" the probability.

Nice explanation. Well done putting things in a concise and orderly manor.

But I like mine better:

Gaku has exceeded reality to become. . . .THE NARRATOR.*fanfare*

Manabu became the universe itself?

Do you know the Schroedinger's cat?

Do you think the cat itself can alter it's own state?

Gaku is inside the box so she can't alter the state of Yukari's death. The solution: get out of the box.

She's now an entity only capable of observing, but as she observes, she forces the universe to take a path: she "collapses" the probability.

I dunno, man. I expected her to either become everything or nothing, but it's kinda like...both? I guess she transcended the universe and she's an outside observer now? She observed everything, then vanished, but what exactly was it that vanished? Her body, her consciousness, what else? I thought the past where Yukari died would be set in stone now, but it was undone instead. I guess the observation of her death was fundamental to meta-Gaku and so it disappeared with her? EDIT: Oh, I like the idea that this is the next universe.

Also, I wanna hear more about Yukari's significance to the universe. I find it strange that "seeing living beings as robots" is apparently of bigger significance than painting the theory of everything, but I guess that's the anthropic principle at work. Gaku did say even 1+1=2 was our fault. I'm reminded that robots come up a lot in discussions of free will sometimes, like are we deterministic machines or something more. I have a feeling Yukari's perception is related to that.

Oh, one more thing. I wonder how come Yukari didn't catch on to meta-Gaku earlier? I don't even know what she is right now, yet she recognized her somehow. Why now?

I think it's more like this:

Spoiler

Wow so she became the narrator?

So meta.

guessing since yukari sees things in a mechanical way, looking at it as like a software kind of way, she's able to see/hear the narration 

my brain right now is to fried from this manga to word stuff

Wow. As always, thanks for this release !

Although I'll always wonder why Gaku didn't ask Yukari to place many more parts in her, who knows if it wouldn't have had even more effects ?

I mean, Yukari told Gaku she was fully moddable, and yet Gaku was satisfied with just one mod. I'm not saying that more is better by principle, but in my eyes it's as if Gaku's particular existence had a purpose and yet she refused do to fulfill it.

That is, funnily enough, answered this chapter. "There is nothing wrong with it, so there's no need to modify it." (Referring to the Earth in this case) Which gives a nice perspective on the reason Yukari is willing to modify anything.

Also, Manabu didn't recieve a mod, she was "repaired", and because her "parts" were easily interchargable with other parts, Yukari could use her phone to do it. However, the extra functionality is not a mod, but a side-effect.

mUVRWpS.png

I'm getting more use out of this picture than I thought possible.

Seems like the author thought the editors were going to cut his series and he just blew up the scenario and said "See? There is no way I can end it quickly now!"

Its based off a light novel so its the opposite. The editors are probably like when are you going to blow up the plot like in the novel...

Wow. As always, thanks for this release !

Although I'll always wonder why Gaku didn't ask Yukari to place many more parts in her, who knows if it wouldn't have had even more effects ?

I mean, Yukari told Gaku she was fully moddable, and yet Gaku was satisfied with just one mod. I'm not saying that more is better by principle, but in my eyes it's as if Gaku's particular existence had a purpose and yet she refused do to fulfill it.

She doesn't want to involve Yukari, as it would clues her into what Manabu is doing (especially if she ask for something like weapons) as well as disrupting Yukari's 'normal' life.

Also she learned from her loops that even if she tries to protect Yukari directly, it still won't ends well due to her being limited in what she can do alone.

Spoiler

Too-much-science-gif.gif
Oh jesus why.

5 chapters left

Good job Manabu. Finally Einstein can rest in peace.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics