Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.64 - 166votes)

Yowamushi Pedal

Alt Names: alt โอตาคุน่องเหล็กalt 弱虫ペダルalt En selle, Sakamichi !alt 飆速宅男alt Weakling Pedal
Author: Watanabe Wataru
Artist: Watanabe Wataru
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Otaku Sakamichi Onoda has just entered high school and plans to join the anime club. In middle school, Onoda didn’t have any friends with whom he could talk about anime, games, Akihabara and other otaku things, and he is hoping he can make such friends in the anime club, but he finds out it's been disbanded. In order to reestablish the club he tries to find 4 other people who would like to join.

Since he was a little boy, Onoda has ridden his mamachari–a bulky bicycle with a step-through frame mainly used for short rides, such as for casual fun or to pick up groceries–to go to Akihabara every week to check out or buy otaku things. Fellow freshman Shunsuke Imaizumi and bicyclist, while training, notices a boy (Onoda) riding his mamachari up a steep road.

Freshman and road racing cyclist, Shokichi Naruko visits Akihabara to get some Gundam plastic models for his younger brothers and meets Onoda who catches his attention because of the his cycling skill on the mamachari and later find out they go to the same school. Later on, both Naruko and Imaizumi try to convince him to join the bicycle racing club, but will he?
Go to Yowamushi Pedal Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Licensed? New Window buttouchkohai
  • 2 Replies

360 Comments

Kaburagi actually doing a good job.

Thanks for the chapters.

DK aproves chapter 304

This first year is so annoying.....  As mentioned I'm missing a good amount of chapters between the start of the 2nd year and IH#2, but he just seems like someone who has no clue about his team... or even himself.  Why would he, a first year, get the goal... over the 2nd or 3rd years?  Such a cocky guy who doesn't listen well.

the yowapeda manga in japan is currently on this 2nd inter high, day 3. It takes around one year of weekly manga to cover 1 IH day so roughly around 52 chapters. (remember each day there's at least one climb race, sprint race and goal race + all the character backstories and so on)

the anime right now has covered the teshima vs koga race which means they are going to catch up on this english translation in about 2 more episodes. 

the english translation is currently at vol 35 and there are 50 vols in japan right now, so there's a lot of material to work on yet.

whith all this said, I estimate that the IH final goal will happen around november in the weekly serialization, so the anime will have to go on hiatus like last time before the race ends

It's amazing how long you can stretch out matches.  Good thing there are a lot of awesome events that happen over the course of the 3 days, so it doesn't seem as long/boring.

Since you and your team are translating this at a very fast pace, so I doubt we will be waiting anywhere near 3 years to catch up to day 3.

Thanks again for all of the translations, we all greatly appreciate it.

Hype!

Thanks for the chapter.

The year 3 interhigh, or this current year 2 interhigh?  If year 2, then why did it take 150 chapters to get to the 3rd day....?

The credit page this time said it will be a week or 2 until we catch up? 

Thanks for the translations, much appreciated.

the yowapeda manga in japan is currently on this 2nd inter high, day 3. It takes around one year of weekly manga to cover 1 IH day so roughly around 52 chapters. (remember each day there's at least one climb race, sprint race and goal race + all the character backstories and so on)

the anime right now has covered the teshima vs koga race which means they are going to catch up on this english translation in about 2 more episodes. 

the english translation is currently at vol 35 and there are 50 vols in japan right now, so there's a lot of material to work on yet.

whith all this said, I estimate that the IH final goal will happen around november in the weekly serialization, so the anime will have to go on hiatus like last time before the race ends

the raws are currently on chapter 442, next volume to be released is 50th and storywise we are in IH day 3, battle with hiroshima

The year 3 interhigh, or this current year 2 interhigh?  If year 2, then why did it take 150 chapters to get to the 3rd day....?

The credit page this time said it will be a week or 2 until we catch up? 

Thanks for the translations, much appreciated.

That begs the question... What chapter are the raws on?  From what I see the highest mentioned on Google was 439......

the raws are currently on chapter 442, next volume to be released is 50th and storywise we are in IH day 3, battle with hiroshima

So he's going to be the Green Pig, apt that he's riding an S-Porks.

chapter 296... page 18 bottom right... That face... LOL!!! Midosuji makes the best faces.  

EDIT:  I thought I remembered these chapters, and I realized that I had read on some fansite a group of translations in the late 290's to early 300's, except I read these translations at least a year ago.....

It's funny because I skipped most of the chapters from the end of the first year, until the start of the 1000km training camp, which also seemed very short (I'm not sure I read all of it or not).

That begs the question... What chapter are the raws on?  From what I see the highest mentioned on Google was 439......

Thanks again for the chapters, this newest chapter got me feeling super emotional, so it's great that we finally have consistent uploads for this series!

I made a mistake and read this during downtime at work The latest chapter credits page had me breaking out in a fit of giggles and the woman working in the cubicle next to me gave me an odd look

creepy dude

may I ask where is this sentence located? I'd like to fix the volume download at least

pg 23 where Komari's talking to Onoda

Thanks for reviving this series yowapeda! It's great to have it back regularly now.

(A little pointer btw for your translator/proofreader(s) the expression is to pique someone's interest and not peak)

Keep up the great work!

may I ask where is this sentence located? I'd like to fix the volume download at least

Thanks for reviving this series yowapeda! It's great to have it back regularly now.

(A little pointer btw for your translator/proofreader(s) the expression is to pique someone's interest and not peak)

Keep up the great work!

Talk about the worst security ever.

WELP THERE WAS A MISSING PAGE IN CH291

I uploaded the fixed version, lets see if its ok when it gets approved by mods

btw just in case someone didnt notice, koga senpai also showed up on the anime first season fist opening, fixing a bike behind teshima and aoyagi.

Even if anime team erased him from the episodes (he did say something to onoda if I remember well)

Now return to the place from whence you came, Background-senpai!

Oh and for people doubting he's been around for a long time, he first appears in chapter 15.

Lowkey triggered as an avid cyclist by depiction of some stuff (eg. sprinters ignoring drafting whatsoever, pulling a lardy sprinter up a mountain, the 'strong senpai' ignoring the weak ass strategist drafting all day etc), but then again this is true with exception of very few sports manga lol.

Damn I'm a little disappointed.

Spoiler

He did show up a few times, just not in the forefront.  As appropriate of his nickname

I don't really recall that, but that could be because I skipped a bunch of chapters in this new arc, unless he was around from the first arc and I didn't notice him.  It seems the author is showing him off a lot so we can get a picture of who he was in the previous years.

hi! today's chapter will have a small delay but it will be worth it, please look forward to it! \o/

You guys are the best, thank you so for this awesome update!

hi! today's chapter will have a small delay but it will be worth it, please look forward to it! \o/

worth it? this is totally a historical event, thanks for the MANY updates!

i like the new guys

remember boys and girls, in life, its always the quiet ones you need to look out for 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics