Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 106votes)

Alice in Hell

Alt Names: alt 地獄のアリスalt Jigoku no Alice
Author: Matsumoto Jiro
Artist: Matsumoto Jiro
Genres: Action ActionComedy ComedyDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSmut Smut
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: This world is broken, so are humans. Shuu is one of them. He's a talented sniper who keeps a broken android, named Alice. Together they live like hermits and make living by exterminating caravan robbers, until one day the woman that Shuu saved invites him to live in a commune.
Go to Alice in Hell Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

160 Comments

scanlator im still waiiting for the next chapter :D:D do your beestt!

Actual discussion:
Person: Jiro, how come you don't do any shounen?
Jiro: I did Alice on hell!
Person: well, that's not shounen is it?
Jiro: it's about teenagers
Person: shounen does not contain rape and realistic violence of exploding heads in every third panel
Jiro: c'mon cut it out already, I censored the genitals, didn't I? It's shounen.

In page 21 when she says "welcome", does she mean like in "welcome back" or like in "You're welcome"?

Edit: figured out already

Gun blazing, heads explode, raping the weak, buildings destroyed, corpses on streets, etc etc...

This is hell? pfft...

Alice got no milk...

THIS IS HELL!!!

eliza now looks like becchin

I wonder if Shuu will bring Alice back to the celluloid repairman and finish the oil transfusion. Seems like Galma's thugs interrupted it halfway through, so Alice's oil is part rotten, part fresh, which is no doubt the cause of this strange behavior in chapter 15. This is the first time she's shown any sort of resistance whatsoever, too, though her speech and cognitive functions are still broken.

Still, a girl's gotta eat. She hasn't been fed since Shuu dropped her off at the repairman's, so it's been at least a day or two. No wonder she's hungry.

does anyone know where i can find some raw ch, i heard its up to volume 5

It's a world where those that are skilled and willing to kill can essentially do as they please including rape and murder. To me, that is a paradise.

Oh hey lookie here, a messed up human being.

A dime a dozen, really.

It's a world where those that are skilled and willing to kill can essentially do as they please including rape and murder. To me, that is a paradise.

damn son, watch those edges

Compared to Wonderland, this place pretty much is hell?

I'm still waiting for the 'Hell' part of the story.

Compared to Wonderland, this place pretty much is hell?

I'm still waiting for the 'Hell' part of the story.

wow!!!... is that ALICE??? she was crying because she thought shu was dead right? right right right???... man~~~ thx for the update!!!

Thanks for the release !

Manga just went from really interesting to "I have invented time travel to travel to the distant future where I can read this manga when it is finished in full" interesting.

Looks like Alice is going to pass the turing test

What the fuck happened to Alice? 

Alice in hell: There's no more milk!

Shuu has moments of stupidity and maturity in good balance. He's still a traumatized kid, so give him a break when he's having his Heroic BSOD moments. The great thing about him as a character--and about Eliza, too, for that matter--is that despite that crapsack world and their obviously fucked up pasts, they're still struggling to survive and mature as people. They're just doing it in a teenager's clumsy, hesitant way.

Spoiler

edit: it was too long so I added a spoiler tag.

MC is batshit crazy. 

I LIKE IT

Thank you for the release! This is from the creator of Freesia(top 10 for me) so i will enjoy it no mather what. For all of you who declare to be close and range combat experts: have you ever shoot from a gun?

Are you asking if we have ever shot a gun, been shot at by a gun or been shot out of a gun?

Thank you for the release! This is from the creator of Freesia(top 10 for me) so i will enjoy it no mather what. For all of you who declare to be close and range combat experts: have you ever shoot from a gun?

I dual wield gold plated desert eagles at the shooting range.

oooh thanks for the chapter!!!

that last line was soo lovely <33

A general defense of Shuu follows so I can maybe convince readers who are thinking of dropping the series because of Shuu's personality to give it another thought.

Why do I love this kind of MC so much? Just enough bravado and skill to get through dystopia life, but still just a 14-year-old inside and still so easily broken by past trauma. 

While I sympathize with other readers who are frustrated with his inability to fire in close combat and his moments of childish pretenses, I have to point out that if he's just allowed to be trauma-free, trigger-happy 14-year-old, we'd have a character more reckless than Eliza, and she's more than enough for me in the department of children-who-need-familial-surrogates. 

My question is why he's not MORE reckless than he currently is (personal experience in the Alamo taught him caution early, perhaps?). Consider the audacity of 14-year-olds in general. If 14-year-old me could shoot a sniper rifle that well on top of knowing how to rig bombs and such, I would be the cockiest little brat on the block. Eliza is acting her age, Shuu (with the exception of drawing manga and false bravado) seems a little more world-weary, and we see plenty of that when he already predicts the outcome of Eliza's raid. 

We've already been given Eliza's traumatizing past with scoundrels and, without Shuu's past to compare with hers, I know it's a little unfair to be pegging him as a little too mature at certain points in time. It just feels that way from what I've seen so far. 

tl;dr

Shuu has moments of stupidity and maturity in good balance. He's still a traumatized kid, so give him a break when he's having his Heroic BSOD moments. The great thing about him as a character--and about Eliza, too, for that matter--is that despite that crapsack world and their obviously fucked up pasts, they're still struggling to survive and mature as people. They're just doing it in a teenager's clumsy, hesitant way.

I will love them as characters until Jiro decides to turn them into whiny, passive brats without any motivation. If that happens, I'm out of here.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics