Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 872votes)

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Alt Names: alt เกท:หน่วยรบตะลุยโลกต่างมิติalt ゲート 自衛隊彼の地にて、斯く戦えりalt Gate - Au delà de la portealt Gate - Jieitai Kare no chi nite, Kaku Tatakaerialt Gate - Where the JSDF Foughtalt Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!alt Gate: Where the JSDF Fought
Author: Yanai Takumi
Artist: Sao Satoru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/138000030/

adapted from the web/light novel series of the same name

Spin-offs:
Gate - Order of The Rose Knights: Piña Colada age 14.
Gate - The Starry Heavens
Go to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gate released chapters discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic Gate - JSDF Introductions & Discussion Thread (May Contain Spoilers!) New Window Tio Alexander
  • 93 Replies
Topic What technology would you like to see on the other side? New Window nininga
  • 3 Replies
Topic What if a gate appeared in your country? New Window remmy
  • 43 Replies
Topic Web/Light Novels New Window Alchaeus
  • 3 Replies
Topic Changed the title due to English license of GATE New Window rtwpsom2
  • 1 Replies

3422 Comments

Aww is there anyone here who is from a french scanlation team?
Aww is there anyone here who is from a french scanlation team?
I'm the only one thinking that
Spoiler
@FrenchLegend Right now there aren't any announcements about a weekly serialization. The manga right now is a monthly web release being done by the novel's publisher, not by a regular manga publisher.
It will become a weekly manga ?
Chapter 8's still volume one
@Edmund Ng no no, they will call it Flying Pillar
A Panzerfaust can cause that much damage to a dragon.

Imagine when the JDF bring Stinger out or having Air Force.
@Ryu-sama probably the 'big mushroom' if they saw it go off...
Wonder what would be the foreign name for the Nuke. If that LAW was 'Steel Rod'.
Oh man I would so like for this to happened, this is pretty sweet action. Go to alternative world and beat legendary creatures with today's weaponry doesn't get any better than this.
Yup.. This is good. Awesome shit right here.
This manga series is awesome, Love it and thanks for /ak/ scans for doing it.
Seems like Itami is gonna be drinking some Piña Colada soon. XD

Ok seriously some of these names are quite silly, but THEY'RE STILL NAMES! Maoyuu Maou Yuusha doesn't even have proper character names! I love that series, but everyone's called by they're TITLES!!! >.<

Also this really reminds me of Drifters. Both of them have some form of portals; Dragons, Elves/Elfs, Magic, Difference in technology, Lots of killing/deaths, and I'm probably missing something. Anyways this is a lovely manga and I'll be stalking it's progress. :D
Thanks q! it looks like they ran into alot more than they could handle
the romans that is!!

now you all know what American Indians went thru when they met guns for the first time
My version of Civs didn't have dragons, but i will admit to seeing gun units while others still had swords lol
It's almost like a manga version of a game of Civ....
God*
Good I love this manga! Can't wait for the next chapter!
just call her pinata, would make for excellent foreshadowing too o/
This is good, Modern vs Medieval. Overpowered x9999999999.
@NakedFury: This is the chan we're talking about, asking them to change the name has the highest trolling potential ever. Expect them to call her a different drink every mention of her name.
i'm not the only one who misread "alnus hill" without the l right?

apparently they avoid online readers to avoid scanlators' drama.
can't blame them tbh.

and yeah changing names seems a perfectly reasonable and non-trollish idea!
can we make a petition for scanlating groups to modify character names?
I mean Piña... really?

Is the author just using the first word that comes to his mind for character names?
Emperor Mold, Piña, Prince League, etc

Can you guys edit the really crap names with something with more dignity? I just can't take a character called Piña seriously, specially if she is supposed to be the daughter of the emperor who also has a shitty name.
Aaanway , thanks to them we can read it. Just i don\t get why they don\t like Batoto. It;s not like Batoto is making thousands of $ like the stealingfox...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics