Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.59 - 872votes)

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There!

Alt Names: alt เกท:หน่วยรบตะลุยโลกต่างมิติalt ゲート 自衛隊彼の地にて、斯く戦えりalt Gate - Au delà de la portealt Gate - Jieitai Kare no chi nite, Kaku Tatakaerialt Gate - Where the JSDF Foughtalt Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There!alt Gate: Where the JSDF Fought
Author: Yanai Takumi
Artist: Sao Satoru
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSmut SmutSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: One day in the 21st century, a gate opened in the middle of the Ginza district of Tokyo. Out of the gate poured soldiers and strange creatures, and they soon made Ginza look like an image of hell. The gate apparently connected Japan to another world, a world with a militant empire and many supernatural creatures. The Japanese Self-Defense Force decided to send a small group, led by a soldier who's also an otaku, into the other world on a reconnaissance mission. They're meant to learn what they can about the empire (and its plans), the world, and the people.

They're hardly in the world yet, though, when they come across a village destroyed by a giant fire-breathing dragon. The only survivor is an unconscious elven girl they find hidden in a well. Now they feel like they must warn the nearby towns about the dragon, and do what they can to help. On the way, they'll meet more magical, female companions, and learn more about this dangerous new world.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/138000030/

adapted from the web/light novel series of the same name

Spin-offs:
Gate - Order of The Rose Knights: Piña Colada age 14.
Gate - The Starry Heavens
Go to Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Gate released chapters discussion. New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic Gate - JSDF Introductions & Discussion Thread (May Contain Spoilers!) New Window Tio Alexander
  • 93 Replies
Topic What technology would you like to see on the other side? New Window nininga
  • 3 Replies
Topic What if a gate appeared in your country? New Window remmy
  • 43 Replies
Topic Web/Light Novels New Window Alchaeus
  • 3 Replies
Topic Changed the title due to English license of GATE New Window rtwpsom2
  • 1 Replies

3422 Comments

As usual, the hard work of making sense out of blurry kanji in low quality images was Seitsuki's. I just scribbled the result on the manga and uploaded it.
Posted Image Horny Goth Loli going nuts at war... priceless!
cool double release i can't wait for the next chapter!
I don't feel sorry for the guys who are about to get blown to lowest level of hell. they raped and killed all those women and stuff. they deserve it. i am an avid hater of rape and stuff so knowing those guys are about the blown into little pieces makes me quite happy XD
yup, this manga is awesome.
WTF! A freakin' explosion for a chapter ending... Great cliffhanger.
it's one of the freakin best mangas i red in a long while cant wait to read next one !
thank you atreides
I'm probably as wet as an apostle during battle reading this. So much win in this shit!
BTW, chapter 11 was uploaded with chapter 10, it's just still stuck in moderation.
Ugh. I've seen so many depictions of modern air versus medieval ground that I can't really get excited for the next chapter.

I always end up feeling sorry for the little guys.
There is only one volume out, those are the web scans. It goes up to chapter 13, thus not enough to make a second volume. That being said, the typesetting and military jargon is nice.
Mangaupdates says there's only one volume out in Japan. I'm assuming it's misinformed/outdated because of what Atreides just said. So, how far ahead are the raws?
@Alexander Scarlett I don't even know if they take donations. The /ak/ guys seem less organized than the idolm@ster guys
And moar was given. (Note: I may post a revised version later)
If you want to download them the links to Mediafire are:
http://www.mediafire.com/?83ifp1p69co3m92
http://www.mediafire.com/?v8a6rg0mg3fj31y

I've marked the manga as mature. If some people complained about bandits murdering and raping in a previous chapter... well, let's say they'll love chapter 11 because things only get better from there.

Also, you may notice that the images are larger than previous webraws. I didn't find a better source. I just enlarged and filtered the pages, so the images are just as crappy, no magical CSI zoom there. The text I add, on the other hand, does benefit from the higher resolution. The pages ahould appear bigger in the online reader, too. All things put together mean it should be at least more readable now, in exchange for blurrier images.
is ak the ones that will be finishing this or what im willing to donate
@abqpesca it was a typo. The v2 of that chapter has it at 1.3 billion
No romance so far and none that I can see in the raws. Why do you want romance anyways? Its more fun to see them kill and blow things up.
i have yet to read this manga, but is there any romance? because i went to mangaupdates and there was no romance or romantic subplot tag...
@Tio Alexander : Actualy, I'm in the other team, the one working with the webraws. /ak/ is working with the scans, we at AnimeSuki started with the web version and skipped to the second volume after chapter 3 when /ak/ started doing the first volume in higher quality.

@qwertyz11 : BTW, chapters 8 and 9 are still from volume 1, volume 2 starts with chapter 10.
Yay update, I'm really starting to like this manga, something the possibility of an epic war really gives me that whole RPG type feeling and not the new kind but the classic ones like FF1 - 8 or Chrono trigger
Oohh it's turning to a real harem! Yey! And looks like the U.S. and China will make a move soon, world war 3 coming?
Honestly this story would be a hundred times better if the background politics of china, u.s., etc... etc.. were kept hidden and only mentioned when they impact the JSDF.
@Atreides : Oh, that's very generous of the /ak/ scanlations team. This manga is scanlated very well, high quality, and, with no watermark. We thank you very much for your hard work. We wish your team can finished this series to the end. :)

Thank you /ak/ scanlations team. Posted Image
unique plot, reversing the old tech meets new tech or vice versa? XD

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics