Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.31 - 61votes)

Coppelion

Alt Names: alt コッペリオンalt 核爆默示录
Author: Inoue Tomonori
Artist: Inoue Tomonori
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaHorror HorrorMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalSci-fi Sci-fiSeinen SeinenTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In 2016 a meltdown of a nuclear power plant creates a big catastrophe in Tokyo. 20 years later, the city has become a ghost town due to the high levels of radiation. From that area a distress signal is received, the Self-Defense Forces dispatch 3 girls from the special unit Coppelion to search for survivors. But why aren't they wearing any protection against radiation?

============Notice================
Unfortunatly the only chapters available after a certain point are direct scans from the English publication which are not allowed on Batoto.
==========Notice End==============
Go to Coppelion Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Discusión General, Dudas o Peticiones New Window HakateBK
  • 0 Replies
Topic Interesting New Window Annex0209
  • 0 Replies

58 Comments

When I first read Coppelion I came to expect a (kinda) hard sci-fi thriller like PlanetES or Moonlight Mile, except with schoolgirls; some of the science was a little quirky, but I could pretty much ignore it because I accepted that some liberties had to be taken to move the plot along.

Then I read the untranslated volumes. Oh boy.

I wouldn't say it's bad, but it quickly becomes less PlanetES/Moonlight Mile and more Tokyo Underground/X-Men. Just a quick example of how things escalate in the next 14 volumes:

Spoiler

I can't tell if this was the mangaka's original intent or if it's the results of editors who constantly go "make it more like a battle manga!"

Was wondering how does this kind of post-apocalyptic stuff go to 18+ volumes..

I guess first is Yokohama Cafe is also long.

But second, when I saw an enemy, I was like 'oh yeah, this can take a while'

What sorcery is this???

It's ALIVE...ALIVEEEEE!

I don't get it, we are in a post-apocalyptic setting, why the hell those girls go in the field with SCHOOL UNIFORM? Aren't there any better and more appropriate clothing for this kind of scenario?

3pem20.jpg

Oh snap, dat ending!

shinryaku_ika_musume_season_2-01-ika_mus

Yay, new chapter of Coppelion !

Thanks Black Rice !

Only 15 volumes to catch up. :P

Thank you based Black Rice.

I don't get it, we are in a post-apocalyptic setting, why the hell those girls go in the field with SCHOOL UNIFORM? Aren't there any better and more appropriate clothing for this kind of scenario?

Are there any other sites that hosts this manga? damn, just as it was getting good. 

It's a great manga. 

Too bad the manga is not translated anymore - hopefully the anime ends on a satisfying note!

Common, this got an anime. It's obviously worth picking up...

If they haven't touched that project in years, we can only hope another group picks the series up.

WOW finally, thank you very  much!!

Rest is btw about 13 tankobones.

This and blood lad need translators to pick it up badly.

someone would translate rest

Rest is btw about 13 tankobones.

Whoa new chapter translated after soooooo long

I was recommending this every one-page thread, in hoping someone would translate rest

I guess it's because of anime that's going to be finally happening ( it was delayed due to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster . )

Whoa new chapter translated after soooooo long

I was recommending this every one-page thread, in hoping someone would translate rest

wow more interesting than I thought :o

Ya, definitely need some updates soon but wow, that was an intense read. Mutated tiger! I am also glad that the anime project for this has been restarted ^_^

This have up to 100 chapters. We need updates please u.u

except, meltdown has a miniscule chance to happen in reactors of third generation and later. the latest generation is 4th gen, which i assume this one was supposed to be (it was new in 2016, right?). 4th gen reactors are nearly impossible to put into meltown due to the design in which, if power or coolant (or anything else detrimental happens) fail, then the fuel rods drop out stopping the reaction.

What it looks like is that it wasn't built with safety in mind. It most likely didn't have the proper procedure or design.

except, meltdown has a miniscule chance to happen in reactors of third generation and later. the latest generation is 4th gen, which i assume this one was supposed to be (it was new in 2016, right?). 4th gen reactors are nearly impossible to put into meltown due to the design in which, if power or coolant (or anything else detrimental happens) fail, then the fuel rods drop out stopping the reaction.

Loss of power? fuel rod drop out, reaction stops, no meltdown.
Coolant failure? Fuel rods dumped, reaction stops, no meltdown.
Backup failure? fuel rods dumped, reaction stops, no meltdown.
etc etc etc.
Fan-Fucking-Awesome-Tastic! One of the best I've seen in a long time.
Now if only we could get some English updates... :P

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics