Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.53 - 36votes)

Last Inning

Alt Names: alt ラストイニングalt 最后一局
Author: Kamio Ryuu
Artist: Nakahara Yuu
Genres: School Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSports Sports
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Hatogaya, a man who loved baseball and yet left it, is set up to take the fall for his company and gets sent to prison. A high-school principal and his former coach--whose school is about to lose its baseball program--bails Hatogaya out. But, in exchange for getting him out of jail, he has to coach the schools not-so-great baseball team.
Go to Last Inning Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic I hope they start using more strategy New Window kingofthenorth
  • 0 Replies

82 Comments

Woohoo let's end this game! Thanks for the chapter ~

all these Hatogaya's smirks... always confuse me

Before what happens?! One of the worst cliffhangers ever...

Little did Poppo know, he will be the one dating the manager in the future.

Don't hurt cute glasses lady!

He could see it if he opened his eyes...

Hatogaya rules this time too :)

Yashio was my favourite character. At least he had a moment to shine beautifully.

A chapter that doesn't have Poppo smirking in the last panel.

Shit just got serious.

You have your answer, but alas, you don't understand it. This manga is about explaining a sport that is one of the important facets of Japanese culture at just the right pace and in appropriate level of detail. It is certainly not for the mass foreign reader. If you believe that constitutes "snail-paced development" for you, then you need to read something simpler and more appropriate for your parochial level.

Implying it's acceptable for a manga to drag on ad nauseam so long as it's tagged seinen.

Look; Kaiji, Akagi and One Outs are all incredibly interesting, and they're similar to Last Inning in having a pivotal schemer protagonist. Poppo is simply dull by comparison, primarily because the reader is told he is a first class coach, but he is never shown to be one, or at least not in the chapters I've read. That's poor storytelling, and I was asking if that ever changed for the better.

Considering my query got answered with defensive knee-jerk sarcasm, I suppose I have my answer.

I stopped reading this after the snail-paced development in the first seventy or so chapters. Does it get better? Particularly, actual baseball games and Poppo doing something beyond the bog standard?

Nah, this manga definitely isn't shounen enough. Please don't read.

I stopped reading this after the snail-paced development in the first seventy or so chapters. Does it get better? Particularly, actual baseball games and Poppo doing something beyond the bog standard?

Uh oh, that grin means everything is going according to plan.

yes, yes it is!

tumblr_m5bdwuz6wZ1rvzu9do1_500.jpg

I'm really shipping manager and Poppo now...

Uh oh, that grin means everything is going according to plan.

i like the manager too, but we know that's impossible

I swear, there is just a certain chemistry between Hatogaya and the manager...

I like how Hatoyaga's all like:

Spoiler

A sign when the manga's getting good = when the chapters feels too short, so many cliffhangers lately.

Holy crap I caught up! Wow 155 chapters feels short...

Now I'm hoping for Poppo to get a double play with Misato and Natsuko. Maybe a triple play with Shiori would also be possible.

As long as Poppo remembers what he said before: "Take care of both your wife and your mistress, and work to make them feel good. Whatever you do, don't get dumped by them." he should be fine.

Yes follow them.

Glasses-chan! Oh, how I miss this lovely megane~

That cliffhanger was terrible...

Takeshi needs to stop thinking all the dam time when he's batting. Stop thinking, calm down and hit the damn ball.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics