Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.69 - 343votes)

Alice in Borderland

Alt Names: alt อลิสในแดนมรณะalt 今際の国のアリスalt Imawa no Kuni no Alice
Author: Asou Haro
Artist: Asou Haro
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Alice Ryouhei will leave high school soon, but he's trying to avoid thinking about his future. Late one night, when he's hanging out with his tough friend Karube and his silly, girl-crazy friend Chota, they see fireworks. After one blindingly bright explosion, they find themselves waking up in a different world. In this 'Borderland,' people are forced to either participate in potentially deadly games or simply die. Will Chota, Karube, and Ryouhei be able to survive this dangerous new world, and is there a way they can get back to their original lives?
Sequel: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/alice-on-border-road-r19613
Go to Alice in Borderland Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Looking Back on the Residents New Window Kaybs
  • 1 Replies
Topic Regarding end of Alice in borderland story New Window truepurple
  • 5 Replies
Topic Alice in Wonderland References New Window cazzman
  • 1 Replies
Topic What will the queen of heart venue be ? New Window Mznazg
  • 2 Replies
Topic END of Arisu's story? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 2 Replies
Topic Side Story 6 Discussion New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 0 Replies

1107 Comments

Nope, if instincts, instincts as the use of the word demands its, where a thing, mothers wouldn't abandon their children, and suicide wouldn't be a thing simple as that.

your hypothesis couldnt be more wrong.  eating, breathing, and reproducing are instincts, but i can choose to hold my breath or fast or be celibate.  similarly, people can choose ignore their survival instincts to commit suicide, or to sacrifice themselves for somebody else.  sociopathy is also a thing.  for sociopaths, abandoning and harming others comes as natural to them as breathing does to everyone else; them being born without the same instincts as everyone else does not prove that those instincts dont exist.

So, guys, is this worth the read? Was the ending decent/satisfying? Pls no spoilers.

It's been quite a ride, boys.

Thanks again to all the people involved in bringing this story to us and to all readers talking about it every week! This might be my favorite manga of all time!

Now onto the ending itself, I really liked it. Turns out one of Mira's theories was indeed the right one (or something like that). Arisu's answer not being shown was strange at first but it totally makes sense since that's what the whole story was all about.

Wow, what a rare good ending lol.

What I hope Arisu said: "I don't care".

Thank you for translating this story.

Spoiler

And with this, Alice in Borderland is finally over. It's been more than two years since i picked this manga. I didn't know how far I would arrive. But we did it

Thanks batoto readers for being with us the entire time. Thanks nfinite for the translations, TheseDays for cleaning the raws and Voyrin for the proofreading. Without you I don't know if i could have done it.

(Btw, we had the enitre volumen 18 translated since the beginning of Febrary)

so the next borderland games, the only one that good is just that 2 psychopath for hearts

What are you talking about? The next chapter will wrap up a bit but it has clarified, pretty much, what Borderlands was.

Finale spoilers

Spoiler

so something like purgatory dead roll manga

I would argue that protective instincts do exist in humans. For example, parents feelings towards their newborn children. But in this situation you could view Arisu's protective instincts as a function of his fight/flight instinct. He is now choosing to fight instead of his usual response to stress which was flight (hiding away).

Nope, if instincts, instincts as the use of the word demands its, where a thing, mothers wouldn't abandon their children, and suicide wouldn't be a thing simple as that.

Oh sweet summer child, you are so obviously young and ignorant.

Mainly in that humans are pack based predators, who function at our best as family units. While there may not be much desire to protect an outsider to your 'tribal group', those who register as part of that group also bring about an instinctive protective reaction. It's why idiots go to such lengths to defend their in-groups from any criticism.

We fight to defend those who matter to us regardless of if they deserve that protection. It's that basic primitive instinct. And if you've never cared about another person, nor had another person give a single solitary fuck about your life?

Well, your experiences are not universal.

That's just basic group theory, not fucking instincts! no social theory of human behavior will use instincts to describe group mechanics, INDEPENDENTLY OF HOW SIMPLE THE INTERACTION IS, you will be academically lynched if you are seen using such ignorant language.

Again in the repertory of human innate behavior and abilities there is no such thing as instincts (even the famous flight or fight response is squandered by human culture deterring its characteristic as a proof of human instincts), the best thing we have are reflexes and perceptive theories, pattern recognition, and other extremely basic (albeit necessary and by comparison with things like AI, fairly complex) biological functions, but not instincts,  let a lone a survival one that will let you spring back from an altered state of mind caused by drugs.

It's like that anime, Little buster

Did she really design that one though? It feels like she could've lied to make Arisu lose his shit.

Well she says she wasn't lying about everything else not related to "answers" and we know that the citizens were responsible for designing games. So I don't see a reason to doubt that she designed the game and kept a dossier on anyone who played her stuff.

"As a psychiatrist, my remuneration comes from saving a life"

"Seeing someone's life being saved before my eyes makes me as happy as they are"

But, but, but... *cough* Seven Of Hearts *cough*

Did she really design that one though? It feels like she could've lied to make Arisu lose his shit.

"As a psychiatrist, my remuneration comes from saving a life"

"Seeing someone's life being saved before my eyes makes me as happy as they are"

But, but, but... *cough* Seven Of Hearts *cough*

Quick question: What do the kanji on page 30 of "Joker" mean/say?

I've been lurking here for a while and I just got a Batoto account. I also wanted to say that I've fallen in love with Alice in Borderland and I'd like to offer my most sincere appreciation to Nest Scans for bringing such a high quality, riveting and inspiring manga to an English-speaking audience.  

And if for some reason Asou Haro is reading this, I'd like to thank you as well. Too bad more people don't read this series. 

His first manga was Hyde and Closer which was a bit inferior to Gash Bell.

But this, Alice in Borderland, is by far the best survival game series manga I had read. No one comes close in creating realistic and memorable characters. And he have them by the dozens! Dozens!

It's a shame the nature of the Borderlands never got explained. I guess it's up to reader interpretation? What do you guys think it is? 

What are you talking about? The next chapter will wrap up a bit but it has clarified, pretty much, what Borderlands was.

Finale spoilers

Spoiler

It's a shame the nature of the Borderlands never got explained. I guess it's up to reader interpretation? What do you guys think it is? 

"Sanzugawa", the river Sanzu being a sort of Buddhist version of the river Styx. Near-death stories often include dead relatives/friends beckoning from the other side of the river. The individual kanji are 'three', 'road/way', and 'river'.

I've been lurking here for a while and I just got a Batoto account. I also wanted to say that I've fallen in love with Alice in Borderland and I'd like to offer my most sincere appreciation to Nest Scans for bringing such a high quality, riveting and inspiring manga to an English-speaking audience.  

And if for some reason Asou Haro is reading this, I'd like to thank you as well. Too bad more people don't read this series. 

Spoiler
Reading ch.63 while listening to starringchild - aimer , really sets the mood for me.

I'm actually liking where this is going tbh fam.

Quick, someone travel forward in time to bring us the next chapter! NOW!

WAIT!! WOAH!!!! Mind blown, yet again.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics