Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 197votes)

Kuragehime

Alt Names: alt くらげひめalt Kurage Himealt Princess Jellyfishalt 海月姫
Author: Higashimura Akiko
Artist: Higashimura Akiko
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kurashita Tsukimi is an 18 year old 'kurage otaku' (jellyfish fanatic). She lives in Tokyo in an all-female apartment complex full of various types of otaku. They fear and despise beautiful, fashionable people while existing happily in their no-man, no make-up world.
That all changes when a 'hipster' saves the life of a jellyfish and intrudes upon Tsukimi's isolated existence. Things are made even more complicated when it turns out that the beautiful woman is actually a man in drag.
Go to Kuragehime Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion - current chapter spoilers go HERE New Window Shamune
  • 3 Replies

256 Comments

It really looks like I'm the only one rooting for the big brother...

No man, I agree with you, but think it's too soon.

Kuranosuke always felt more BFFish to me, than a true love interest.

I can't really see Tsukimi getting married to Shuu-san right now (and possibly not ever, lol). It's very sweet how certain he is about her, but I don't feel like he actually understands her. They still can't really communicate effectively, and I always get the sense that they're operating on completely different wavelengths. I mean, Shuu-san is in his 30s, marriage as an actual option is real to him. Tsukimi is only 19(?) and she's only just starting to believe in herself and dream bigger without Kuranosuke having to urge her along. I doubt she understands what getting married to Shuu would even entail. She's so young! She has so much to learn and experience! I don't think she would be happy or comfortable with being a politician's wife, especially not at this point in her life.

I think tsukimi needs a lot more time to grow and develope as a person before something like marriage, I like where this is going!

I like big bro, I respect him for having the guts to go for it, I hope he's happy in the end, but I don't support him.  I always seem to be the type to root for the main canonical couple (well, except when the guy is really awful); I want her to get Kuranosuke.

Thinking of big bro being happy in the end, where's that conniving bitch who's in denial about the warm mushies she gets from him?

It really looks like I'm the only one rooting for the big brother...

HAH!!!! Stupid big brother!!!!!

Dear Tsukimi, 

Please reject the older brother! You got 2 bishounen chase after you!(eventho one of them is crazy-sly-fox man)

From reader,

Pascon

I just bingeread the whole series during my finals. It was that good. This is the kind of manga I like❤️ As an indian, I'm very happy to see an important Indian character in manga, too, who i can cosplay, and she's cool too, so score! All the characters are so lovable, antagonist or protagonist.....

No. No. No. NO. Nooooooooo. No. No. Nope. Nah, I don't think so. N. O. !. Stupid big brother......NOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't like this development! He doesn't deserve her. He can't even recognize her as well as he should! NO! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!!

jfc calm down, she hasn't answered yet

What kind of bomb was just dropped on us 502.jpg

nii-san, you won't get anywhere with that ring... tsukimi's married to her dream now :)

awww he really cares about her *sniff* I already feel really sorry for him!! He's a good character, I don't wish for him to have a broken heart ;__;

Totally forgot about him omfg
No. No. No. NO. Nooooooooo. No. No. Nope. Nah, I don't think so. N. O. !. Stupid big brother......NOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't like this development! He doesn't deserve her. He can't even recognize her as well as he should! NO! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!! LOSER BIG BROTHER!!!!!

I'm really glad the chapters have been coming fast, because I'm not feeling in shape for a long cliffhang.

You got a pair on you after all Big BROTHER!!! AAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!

After that...it's all downhill from there!!! 

pfft Marriage 

You got a pair on you after all Big BROTHER!!! AAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!

I loved this new chapter, and how it seems like everyone has grown and is evolving... Jiji is so wonderful, and #TeamHanamori... However, the whole Singapore arc seems rather pointless... maybe because it seems so rushed/short. Perhaps I just need to re-read it again.  

Yeeeaaaahhhhh, finally!! I'm so happy! thanks for the scanlations!!!

• pen likes this

Wow, it's been more than a year. But it won't be long now... I'm so excited for the new releases! Gaaaaah! Time to re-read everything in anticipation of volume 16!

ME ENCANTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The next volume (16) hasn't been released yet, and the group only scanlates by the volume. 

There hasn't been an update in a very long time. Anyone know what's up with this series?

I hope this Tsukimi rescue arc ends soon, the story was enjoyable until all this mess with the chinese. Anyway Hanamori and Nisha are always amazing

Red beans every day... I don't understand the problem?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics