Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 269votes)

My Girl

Alt Names: alt รักเกินร้อย เจ้าหญิงน้อยของผมalt マイガール (佐原 ミズ)alt Benim Kızımalt MY GIRL~我的乖乖女~alt 我的乖乖女
Author: Sahara Mizu
Artist: Sahara Mizu
Genres: Drama DramaSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Kazama Masamune - a single 23-year-old man... has a kid? During the season of cherry blossoms, his beloved passes away. He happens to meet a little girl outside work and realizes she is his daughter who was raised in secrecy by his lover. The worst spring of his life is transformed into a painful yet vivid spring.
Go to My Girl Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A great slice-of-life manga New Window KanameFujiwara
  • 18 Replies

176 Comments

V
V
V
V I'm sorry, I couldn't pick one of you guy's comment to like... I'm in the middle?
I'm rooting for the girl he works with.
Noooooooooo, don't get married!! :o
random rambling bout this series (quite long)
Spoiler
Funny thing in my opinion: I still haven't found something similar to this with a female MC, the kids always seem to be girls, but it's always single dads not moms.
Kinda funny, considering that woman are much more likely to care for their children alone.
This manga really feels like reality(as what i've read) so DAMN AWESOME story ^^
Lets just see what will be the outcome on the next chapter... it kinda feels that a "climax" or a "surprise" will come out of it
@Dionaea What you said are true, that would be perfect if Koharu out of picture but now she live with him. They and their memory about Youko have made a perfect family. With Koharu there, i doubt he ever overcome Youko present in him and give another woman enough "attention" bevause Youko may gave him bitter memory but she did not hurt him. And Koharu can't do that either. She just told him to remarried out of concern for him. You can already see she was suffering while doing that. I apologize if there are some part you don't understand. My English are not good enough to enplane something as complex as this matter =_=
@Frost That's what I want to happen! (referring to 2nd paragraph)
Yea I want him to be happy and move on too. The co-worker seems nice and she's the only one really showing interest in him right now, but since there's hardly any development between the two...

But I actually really liked the laundry lady even if she was practically the twin of Youko, and it seemed like the laundry lady lost her husband or fiancee. But if we ever do see her again and she becomes a likely candidate there is the whole "I'm a just a replacement?" drama.
@cyanrealm Angelic or not, she left him miserably alone, I hope he finds happiness with somebody else. Don't forget, she rejected his proposal and intended to NEVER tell him anything, whether she did it for his own good or not, he shouldn't be stuck on her forever. He's been miserable long enough. I think the ideal conclusion would be for him & Koharu to form a new and happy family with someone else, as to me it seems the entire theme for this manga is 'there's life after a loss'. Youko won't ever be forgotten, but she's gone and they should move on.
honestly i don't want he remarried though. I 'm somewhat feel bad for Youko , she 's such an angelic girl T_T
I want anime version of this manga and the usagi drop ss2. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I just started this and it does bring back memories of Usagi Drop (I was fine with the ending of Usagi Drop, though I was also a bit disappointed it wasn't with the mom :\).

Judging from the comments it seems this one isn't going down the same route which I'm glad of since they're actually related.

And just the first couple of chapters were so sad Posted Image

Spoiler
@kodelka
I actually saw her earlier and figured she'd be a candidate for a partner, I don't know which volume or chapter (read everything in one go), but at one point she seemed obviously concerned about him, even if I didn't know her name at the time.
one more volume to go!!! XD
I actually didn't think the ending for Usagi Drop was that bad and felt that it actually fit in the whole plot. Even though taking age difference into consideration and Daikichi being the father figure for Rin, Daikichi seemed greatly deprived of any type of romance which made it felt like Rin was the only one for him.

But for this story, they are actually related which gives off a different feel and there are no chance that they will end the same way.
The way every character stuck in the past quite annoying and too repentitive in this manga, I felt de javu in some chapters. The story focus running everywhere between "built new family" theme and "tormenting yourself with dead person memories", with the latter being major, the story going in circle and won't move anywhere.

And when they finnaly decide to move the story and add romance element, it's too late! After 4 volumes and 30 chapters the mangaka suddenly introduce a 'new' girl that makes me think, "oh his co-worker name is Katagiri". Then they packed the whole romance process just in last one volume. I don't get why the mangaka didn't make her more known with better roles for 4 volumes rather than only 1 last volume, so the readers know her better than some office co-worker.

I love this manga first volume only to end resent it until the end. Usagi Drop was better in term of storytelling and plot, though I must agree My Girl ending was normal and morally acceptable than Usagi Drop.
@Fangz
I completely agree. Usagi Drop was one of the few which the ending disgusted me so horribly. I felt like it took the cheap and easy way out.

Spoiler

Back on topic, i do feel sorry for Katagiri. Anyone think she might have a chance? One thing that makes me a bit dubious of her chance is that she is kinda drawn briefly. If she was important, you'd think she'd look a bit more detailed. BUT, we havent had any REAL close up, so its just me two cent
@Tonie Zap
Anna is the name of the stressed out exam student who thought she was pregnant, I don't believe the laundry lady will still be a candidate because she was a reflection of Youko, from an outsiders perspective it would just look like a replacement for Youko.

Besides, the last panel you see her in looked like a goodbye from the series if you get what I mean.
At the core this is the same as Usagi Drop but why does it feel entirely different ?
I genuinely enjoyed this manga and every chapter while with Usagi Drop it was an entirely different feeling. (Maybe because in this story they are an actual family unit)?

Anyway I don't see this ending up as disgustingly as Usagi Drop, in-fact I think this will only get better :DDDD
Is laundry lady still a candidate? I thought she was marrying already after she graduated? Anna is her name right? I apologize in advance if I mixed up the names, and of course my laziness to check back on that chapter. -.-
Just take it slow there, tiger. You'll find that one lady sooner or later.
oh nice chap, now gal dont let him go >_>
Reminds me a lot of Usagi Drop... I love it :D

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics