Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.6 - 242votes)

Tensei Shitara Ken deshita

Alt Names: alt 転生したら剣でしたalt I Was a Sword When I Reincarnatedalt 전생했더니 검이었습니다alt Naging Espada Ako sa aking Pangalawang Buhayalt Sword Shishoalt Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita
Author: Tanaka Yu
Artist: Maruyama Tomowo
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen Seinen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A 30 year old man is struck by a car and dies. When he next awakens he has reincarnated as a magic sentient sword in a fantasy world. He eventually encounters an enslaved catgirl named Fran, whom he helps free, and together they set off for adventure.

-----
Original webcomic: http://denshi-birz.com/tenken/
Go to Tensei Shitara Ken deshita Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita raw manga New Window YukitoOnline
  • 2 Replies
Topic Tensei Shitara Kendeshita LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 2 Replies

279 Comments

Lol why it looked like the chapter ended halfway through but then kept going? No complaint from me tho.

The last standing in Mountain of Goblin Corpse, WOW Fran so BADASS

Goblin Slayer would be so proud of her

Goblin Slayer : Female ver.

Read the latest raw, and she really needs to learn to pace herself when it comes to fights. Glad dad sword is there for her.

Fran is a lot more animated in the manga. I like it. 

Spoiler
A sleeping Fran from Volume 3 of LN. 

I'm a simple man. I see sleeping black-haired cat girl, I follow.

Quote from Sword Shishou "My FRAN is the BEST"

goblin slayer would be proud of you Fran!!!

Goblin Queen is Thicc

Oh my i didn't know my cousin is back on the job :T

That Kitty must never be tainted. WE MUST WARD OFF ANY INSECTS THAT APPROACH

Fran is a lot more animated in the manga. I like it. 

Spoiler
A sleeping Fran from Volume 3 of LN. 

Reminds me of Dymlos from Tales of Destiny. He probably will get stronger than divine swords at his maximum potential like how muramasa eventually surpasses other swords like masamune and crissaegrim at SOTN. Unless divine swords also level up.

Spoiler

He will likely become the strongest sword though; it's not like he can die of old age (only if his durability hits 0), and he has his automatic regeneration.  Even if he's used only to kill goblins,  he'll still gain Magic Stone Points.

Spoiler

Okay, was about to complain, but after reading some of these comments, it turned out that reading straight through, chapter 3 gets skipped for some reason. It just seemed like major parts of Fran's motivation were cut out. Though it still bugs me that the major mystery of the Master's origin is pretty much spoiled by the first page of chapter 2, and then more bluntly stated by the blacksmith's exposition dump.

This is why the "comedy" tag on Batoto is absolutely useless.  A single joke does not make a given title a comedy; save that tag for something where humor is central to what happens.

Did you not see the earlier discussion about the "tragedy" tag in this comments section? If you feel a tag is inappropriate, you can go ahead and remove it yourself like Raydnt did with the tragic tag; It will only get added back if people feel strongly that the genre you are removing (in this case, "comedy") is truly a genre that the manga exhibits.

​Finally a cute cat girl as a main character. Only other I've seen is in anime (Hyper Police) and that was made in 97. No idea about the manga though.

Here are a few more to fill the cute catgirl MC quota

Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki 

Neko Ane

Uramikoi, Koi, Uramikoi

This is a common problem on Batoto. People fail to understand genre means a central theme and focus of a story, not if something happens once or is mentioned in passing. It might be different if it was more like the tag system on Pixiv, but even that is more aligned with describing illustrations than the content of stories.

This is why the "comedy" tag on Batoto is absolutely useless.  A single joke does not make a given title a comedy; save that tag for something where humor is central to what happens.

​Finally a cute cat girl as a main character. Only other I've seen is in anime (Hyper Police) and that was made in 97. No idea about the manga though.

Reminds me of Dymlos from Tales of Destiny. He probably will get stronger than divine swords at his maximum potential like how muramasa eventually surpasses other swords like masamune and crissaegrim at SOTN. Unless divine swords also level up.

Huh, I saw this novel on novelupdates a lot when browsing for trash to read and I've always skipped over it because I thought it would be lame.  It's actually pretty nice, at least in manga form.  Wholesome adventures of fatherly sword protecting his daughter.  I approve.

Same, I though at first an Isekai Copy-Paste. But, This is the Heartwarming fantasy story about a Doting Overpower Sword-Father and Smart Beastgirl Daugher.

Never judge a Book From the Cover and Titles

i think he was made to surpass those divine swords.

So sword-dad is just a "kinda good magic sword". Wow, that is a departure from these kinds of stories, being a average joe+1 in a magical world.

Are you forgetting that he's a skill collector?

I always find it odd to have a blacksmith with a bushy beard.  Does it never catch a spark?

Prosthetic beard made from asbestos.

I always find it odd to have a blacksmith with a bushy beard.  Does it never catch a spark?

Not with the "Fire God's Protection" skill it doesn't.

Huh, I saw this novel on novelupdates a lot when browsing for trash to read and I've always skipped over it because I thought it would be lame.  It's actually pretty nice, at least in manga form.  Wholesome adventures of fatherly sword protecting his daughter.  I approve.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics