Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * - - (3.22 - 272votes)

Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer

Alt Names: alt A Failure of a Monster Traineralt できそこないの魔獣錬磨師alt 没路用的魔兽炼磨师
Author: Minami Takumi
Artist: Yui
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In a world where everyone has a monster crest from birth, a select few rise to become Monster Trainers. Reyn Erhardt, a slime trainer, the lowest of the low, cares nothing for status and just continues his daily regimen of training for his personal slime, Pem-Pem. Yet in school dominated by monsters as grand as dragons, those who cannot hope to rise to the top take out their frustrations on the lowest ones, and Reyn and Pem-Pem make for easy marks. Or do they?
Go to Dekisokonai no Monster Trainer Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Raws and/or LN/WN translations? New Window xts
  • 3 Replies

199 Comments

Chapter full of hamfisted exposition and character introductions. No backstory or explanation of why the girls got the hots for the guy beside him being the main character. He also reeks of standard shounen, harem, too cool for school, light novel main character (see video for explanation, it's educational).

Spoiler

Let's hope the next few chapters can salvage this otherwise decent concept.

Well I guess you missed this part.

Spoiler

While the start is pretty generic, I hope the battle is not. I mean how in the world a slime can win against a dragon? There are probably some serious strategy play going on and that's where I'm interested in. 

Wow, is there any reason for so many panty shots and blurred nudity?

So they try to milk the popularity of Pokemon Go...Clever 

Yeah. This is a light novel. If it got a manga, and it is one of these types of generic harem series, an anime is soon to follow. One of these types get animated at least once a year. Its time will come soon. Whether you want it or not. 

yea fantasy and not a re isekai

and it is good XD

I came here for the cute slime. I feel like this has a light novel. Seems like one of those generic Harem Stories set in a school with some sort of super natural or scifi element. chances are this will get an anime. If IS and all of those similar series got an anime, I have no doubt that this will get one in 3 years time. 

My guess is that the slime probably have some kind of mimic ability and the guy might have a library's worth of monster info to utilised and they'll proceed to wipe the floor.

Why is she

Spoiler

Because anime.

If you want a more serious answer, go study mental health disorders.

Whoa ... not even a slime can save this bad storyline...

heh..this kind of plot again...

let see what will happen in the next chapter

Why is she

Spoiler

This is different at least it's not with swords or mechas. Monsters that is new and ofc Mc has to have the weakest.

MidoriKitzune
Jul 24 2016 06:48 AM

Ohh yeah.

SOO OBVIOUS.

xD

Heck. It's funny and then again so overused.

Atleast the MC KNOWS that hes being curted.

Erina F. Mirehneburque?

Someone mind teaching me how to pronounce that?

I just prounounce it like Nuremburg, except I switch the 'm' and the 'n'.

Chapter full of hamfisted exposition and character introductions. No backstory or explanation of why the girls got the hots for the guy beside him being the main character. He also reeks of standard shounen, harem, too cool for school, light novel main character (see video for explanation, it's educational). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcI0Nk0c4A

Let's hope the next few chapters can salvage this otherwise decent concept.

...well that was a very stereotypical start.

Erina F. Mirehneburque?

mir-en-burk?

Erina F. Mirehneburque?

Spoiler

Freakin' looks like Charizard. XD And this feels like Pokemon set in a fantasy land.

yep that's charizard alright.

The description is bad, but the chapter itself is good.

Tried to read the description... is that even english?

that description is drugs lots and lots of drugs

Spoiler

Freakin' looks like Charizard. XD And this feels like Pokemon set in a fantasy land.

Tried to read the description... is that even english?

Finally it come out, when I saw it at http://otscans.com/yesterday I was wondering when it will come out

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics