Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 169votes)

Maid kara Haha ni Narimashita

Alt Names: alt メイドから母になりましたalt From Maid to Mother
Author: Seiya Yuuzuki
Artist: Asuka Tsukimoto
Genres: Drama DramaFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceShoujo ShoujoSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: A high school girl reincarnates in another world as Lily. While she occasionally reminisces about her past life, she is now a maid who spends her days traveling and working in various homes. One day, the court magician Leonard suddenly requests that she acts as a mother for his adopted daughter Jill.

http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/viewOpening/594000134/
Go to Maid kara Haha ni Narimashita Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

227 Comments

Sweetness and sugar is definitely the driving force for this manga, but it's good to see that the whole reincarnation w/ memories trope isn't just being abused. Based on her reflections and the patchy flashbacks we've seen so far, it looks like her past life will have a big role in the present. (Not really a spoiler, but a spoiler-ish guess)
Spoiler
I'm looking forward to using the excuse of being interested in the story's progression to cover up my sugar-and-fluff addiction.

thats a little depressing, but its actually meant to be an informative piece.

its only really depressing if you treat it as fiction, when its based on the authors life. the author is one of few who will speak out about this sort of thing and offer what advice they can to other sufferers.

whats really depressing about that story, isn't even the content, its the fact that when her parents saw it, all they said was "be careful about STD's"

this story is still very early plot, as i haven't read what this is based on I cannot tell which direction it will go yet, but i do hope hat if it gets depressing it doesn;t get too bad before getting better.

She made a dress with that cloth in the time it took for Jill to take a bath. Either she took the longest, greatest bath ever, or Lily has some mad sewing skills.

mad sewing skills

woohoo chapter 2!!!

MOAR!!

Maid in medieval setting that becomes a surrogate mother? Boring! HS girl reincarnated in another world as a maid and asked to be a surrogate mother? New hotness!

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but it's hard for me to settle into the comfy parent-child type manga setting

At least it isn't as depressing as this one

Maybe I'm thinking too much, but it's hard for me to settle into the comfy parent-child type manga setting followed by a child of unknown origin being kidnapped on the street. It's sweet but in the back of my mind I'm going to feel uncomfortable about this until they at least establish her familial situation through a few lines of dialogue or something.

She made a dress with that cloth in the time it took for Jill to take a bath. Either she took the longest, greatest bath ever, or Lily has some mad sewing skills.

MOOOEEEEEE. my blood sugar is maxed out

i know a place for cheap insulin.

MOOOEEEEEE. my blood sugar is maxed out

Interesting premise. Time to hit that "Follow" button...

I 100% agree with you there. There is just no damn way her reincarnation is a coincidence that stands on its own. If it is, I'll be a more than a little disappointed.

welcome to web novels, where everyone is Japanese

Not AFAICT, however now that /ak/ has at least started the manga, you may seem some translators pick it up after becoming aware of it.

I did the personal search to check. that chain of events I listed actually happened xD but the search turned up no groups translating anything by a similar name.

the problem with picking it up only now is that the WN version has been taken down, and you would have to translate the LN for better quality and accuracy to the now relevant plot, this means a group willing to make the purchases, or ideally receive permission to host local translations of the old WN if it means drumming up some business for the LN publishers.

If I liked what I saw in the early chapters of the WN I would have been tempted to try at least a readable MTL version. but i would have to find the archive of it, or illegal (untrustable) sources. the archive is a terrible nuisance if i can't find it in text form, and i refuse to do the second :(

• Riz likes this

You don't know that... it could have just as easily been a slow moving tractor... Actually, someone said it was a car. Yep, a car, completely new and entirely different.

oh sorry i think that's truck-chan, so that's car-kun ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

well... y'know, why not a truck or car that crashed down, and the truck or car driver were reincarnated. and he became a wagon driver with previous memories, and someone who will be in a hit survivors. Sometimes I feel sorry for someone who always dies in a hit on a plot manga or LN ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

this is one of those stories that started on syosetsu, then moved to alphapolis.... then got removed upon publication as a LN...

safe to say there wouldn't be any groups working on the old WN translations huh?

T-T

Not AFAICT, however now that /ak/ has at least started the manga, you may seem some translators pick it up after becoming aware of it.

this is one of those stories that started on syosetsu, then moved to alphapolis.... then got removed upon publication as a LN...

safe to say there wouldn't be any groups working on the old WN translations huh?

T-T

Daddy is kinky

Ppppfffffttt just get married already and adopt that daughter.  

This will turn into great dose of sugar of lovely married couple.

i smell a spiritual successor of a certain manga that was ended with PLAIN "Normal End" namely "E? he*** des* y*"

almost striking similar art and plot and the name of MC... this is bad... freddy's still stalking me over every single night...  

the trauma... ~_~"

Interesting premise. Time to hit that "Follow" button...

The only way the addition of that reincarnation trope makes any sense to me is if it turns out someone else in this story was reincarnated too. My money's on the little girl, though Leonard might be an interesting alternative.

I 100% agree with you there. There is just no damn way her reincarnation is a coincidence that stands on its own. If it is, I'll be a more than a little disappointed.

anybody else realize how dark the beginning actually is

Spoiler

This could become a great story similar to 'Akagami no Shirayukihime' though with a magician instead of a prince.   Lily has become friends with and helped her lady win the hand of the Prince, managed to handle anything that lazy prince has thrown at her and is developing 'something' in regards the dear magician sans' eyes.  She's got the justice-vibe of a big sister.  Nice twist on the standard setup I think.​

Fairly interesting, and a different starting angle anyhow, but I wonder why he'd adopt a kid. Yes, the kid has an abundant amount of mana, and you clearly have an estate (and I'm sure funds), suitable, but no-one else could take her? >.>;?

The only way the addition of that reincarnation trope makes any sense to me is if it turns out someone else in this story was reincarnated too. My money's on the little girl, though Leonard might be an interesting alternative.

I love how Leonard makes those innocent expressions that show how innocent and clueless he is. It is like he is a puppy.

The next big reincarnation title:

"I was run over by a truck and got reincarnated into a new world as a god, so I'll build an otherworldly harem for myself and have sex with billions of women for eternity!"

This is why Female protagonists are my favorite right now. A very nice change in pace to the standard reincarnation. 

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics