Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 172votes)

Usagi Drop

Alt Names: alt A Funny Fatheralt うさぎドロップalt うさぎドロップ 番外編alt Bunny Dropalt 白兔玩偶alt 白兔糖alt 토끼 드롭스alt Rabbit Dropalt Un drôle de père (French)alt Usagi Drop: Bangai-henalt Usagi Drop: Bangaihenalt Брошенный Кроликalt הפלת ערנב
Author: Unita Yumi
Artist: Unita Yumi
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaJosei JoseiRomance RomanceSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Going home for his grandfather’s funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of a man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won’t this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi’s love life?!
Go to Usagi Drop Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Your thoughts~ (may contain spoilers) New Window Irecinius
  • 23 Replies
Topic Help in Understanding a Part New Window acurarsx
  • 10 Replies

123 Comments

its like im reading unto someone else biography either way its very good and very interesting to read you actually can relate to it ehehe
Waaa Just finished it! I have mixed feelings for the end. I was happy, because it was a happy ending. Still, I thought it was strange that she fell in love with him. It's not about the age gap, more like... How could she, after all these years, start seeing him like that? Totally like falling in love with your father!
But in the end I am just happy for them ^v^ Would've wanted to see their child at least though :D
Is there anything like that in the anime?
daikichi went full woody allen and who the f*ck is rin father!? went i was at the midle of the manga i tougth daichi was going to end whit kokui mother and rin whit kokui the ending was extreamly shocking!
Take away the creepiness and its an 11/10! I'm not a fan of those kind of relationships, but maybe that's because it would be illegal in the US...
What? LWB has another subsection? Interesting!
@Frost I'm actually hoping one of these side stories is about Kouki's mom and the guy she married. I too would be much happier if I knew it wasn't just out of convenience.
Stupid son, cockblocked his mom by being an angsty teenager.

Why can't nice hot mom who worked hard have a nice guy in the end. I mean the way it's being portrayed is really lame, they really want to make you feel that she chose a random rich guy because her son's relationship with Dai and Rin wasn't good at the time.

That whole thing really made me unable to enjoy the ending at all.
Completely agree with you Purple Library Guy

This chapter brought back so much memories... ahhh I wish it could've ended differently!
What really frustrated me was that she ended up with some random stranger we don't know about and the way it happened just felt like she did it for their own good not her own happiness. If it at least showed her being happy I would be a bit reassured but probably still irritated since it's not with Daikichi.
AH. MEMORIES... Love this manga. Only part that sucked was that
Spoiler

One of my all time favorite mangas out there.
TY LBB for finishing this manga did not like the ending but these past episodes seem pretty awesome just wished that was the true route ><
wtf i thought this manga is over already..........
What happened to this one? It started out as an unusual and charming story of an unprepared father and an adorable kid.

I stopped reading when it inexplicably became another high school drama. Then I come back to read the last chapter out of curiosity and.. WTF?? The story fell all the way from wonderful, to uninteresting and finally to downright creepy.

Then the artist teases us with a taste of a much better direction the story could have taken.. Did she ever explain why she chose to do this?

Is an H-group fine too?

@Little Black Butterflies

We'll beat up whoever says it ain't.
Aw, man. It was a great little extra chapter, but the way it went made me sad for how the main story could have ended. Made me realize how much I wanted Daikichi to get together with Yukari-san.
You know, more than bothered that Daikichi was together with Rin, I realize I was mostly bugged that poor Yukari-san had to end up with some schmuck you don't even see, with no real indication she had feelings for him. She'd had a tough time and is a really nice person, and dumping her from the plot like that really felt cold. Maybe if they'd done a couple chapters after the reveal showing her meeting and falling for whoever that was it wouldn't have been so bad.
man the last time i read this was when the anime was coming out...looks like it time to read it again
well that was a great little extra chapter, thanks a lot Little Black Butterflies!!!

It was cute. The whole story. I really liked how Rin kept the same

¦< expression from when she was little. As for the ending...

Spoiler

Elektra complex (daughet/father) because i do believe it was foreshadowed somewhere. Like how Kouki had a Oedipus complex (son/mother) or how they talked about it and how it was bad. Honestly i enjoyed everybit even the ending though it was a surprise i still felt it was great. just my opinion i know the whole ending didn't sit well with others but you gotta admit it is a massive change from the usual romance stories.
a really good manga 10/10
Great manga i can deny it, the way it ended well,for some it may be creepy but i found it kind of sweet beside it's bound for kids to develop some feelings for parent while it differs from kid, some kid may have a crush on their parents we can't forget that.
Until vol.7: Great work! Yeah five stars!
After finale: ...2 stars man, only two.
A prime case of wife husbandry. XD
I want to tear my hair out, after that ending i can't watch the anime in a nice way anymore, I'm so irritated I dunno what to do arggghh. It's still a really good read, the ending totally changed my projected ratings for it.
Great story THEN it got creepy.
Sorry that's just how I feel.
urgh. STUPID ENDING. I was really enjoying this manga, it was incredibly well done and sweet
Spoiler

apart from that it was wonderful. It kept making me cry even when nothing sad was happening, just with her growing up and Daikichi saying really nice things. One of my favourites (although if I read it again it may be slightly ruined by knowing what's coming) >:(
ah well, the extra chapters appear to be going back to when she's small so should be good.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics