Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 646votes)

Maou-jou de Oyasumi

Alt Names: alt 在魔王城说晚安alt 마왕성에서 잘 자요alt 魔王城でおやすみalt Sleeping Princessalt Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castlealt Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle
Author: Kumanomata Kagiji
Artist: Kumanomata Kagiji
Genres: Adventure AdventureComedy ComedyFantasy FantasyShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: The demon king broke the truce by kidnapping the much loved princess. However, while the human world falls into despair and heroes gather to save her, the princess is actually well looked after and mostly just wants to sleep. She quickly acquires the key to her cell and collects 'perfect' bedding 'materials' from around the castle, causing mayhem along the way.
Go to Maou-jou de Oyasumi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Sweet Dreams ... - Volume Extras [RAW] New Window NullApostle
  • 2 Replies
Topic Thus, I reviewed Maou-jou de Oyasumi New Window Swifft
  • 2 Replies

1714 Comments

First chapter that I find a bit underwhelming. It looks like a reheated chapter of the sport festival. And the jokes were better on the sport festival chapter.

DQ stands for?

Dragon Quest.

The biggest standard for RPG games.

Confirmed: Demon Lord is mid-boss, Princess is last boss.

So... that's why I'm revived every time I die in DQ?

DQ stands for?

Nice Bakuretsu...

Spoiler

Third panel would be the demon cleric complaining about having to resurrect a hero.(assuming the human side can't do it) Remember, for some reason the demon king and kingdom is really keen on everything playing out like a video game. They even go as far as planting items to help adventurers get past obstacles etc.

So... that's why I'm revived every time I die in DQ?

Megumin would be proud.

The moments hero come to rescue princess, it's the moment hero fight princess.

Also just realized the "multi beam" panel shows the following:

1) Kamehameha from DBZ

2) Dragon of Darkness Flame from Yu Yu Hakusho

3) "Heart" from captain planet

4) Not sure

5) Special Beam (Makankōsappō) Cannon from DBZ

The heart beam is from sailor moon. Remember, this is from Japan.

you mean her constant "I want to sleep, screw all y'all" doesn't remind you of a cat already?

Don't forget her scissor claws and how she tear away the blanket demons.

I think the biggest revelation in this chapter is that the Princess is well aware that she's a hostage.

She has always known that she is a hostage. That is the reason she made all those sleep related stuff to make her stay more comfortable. Also the reason she always come back to the castle.

New Demon Queen confirmed.

Spoiler

So the question is, is that a new character or just the logical end result of her declaring herself the next Demon "King" combined with her amazing kill count?

The Grimoire had the most fun in the new chapter. 

I have a feeling that she would become a lackey or victim instead of double trouble happening

"victim"

Spoiler

I have a feeling that she would become a lackey or victim instead of double trouble happening

Spoiler

May god have mercy on us... because they will not.

She is specifically stated as smart. It's just she is a bit apathetic to others struggles and a bit too straightforward with her desires. She is not clueless - she just does not care.

Well, there are tasks where she struggles; I'm specifically remembering the chess event. While she's intelligent and very capable, she's also terrible at thinking things through (and this is the basis of the comedy as she rampages without thinking of the consequences).

Sound's like a cat.

you mean her constant "I want to sleep, screw all y'all" doesn't remind you of a cat already?

someone please explain how in the world sorcery sumo works???
I just can't imagine it being done...

Spoiler

Also just realized the "multi beam" panel shows the following:

1) Kamehameha from DBZ

2) Dragon of Darkness Flame from Yu Yu Hakusho

3) "Heart" from captain planet

4) Not sure

5) Special Beam (Makankōsappō) Cannon from DBZ

4 is probably a hadouken.

She is specifically stated as smart. It's just she is a bit apathetic to others struggles and a bit too straightforward with her desires. She is not clueless - she just does not care.

Sound's like a cat.

I think the biggest revelation in this chapter is that the Princess is well aware that she's a hostage.

So, if the Princess gained the most EXP, does that mean she's still not max level yet? How much more powerful is she going to get?

Spoiler

Third panel would be the demon cleric complaining about having to resurrect a hero.(assuming the human side can't do it) Remember, for some reason the demon king and kingdom is really keen on everything playing out like a video game. They even go as far as planting items to help adventurers get past obstacles etc.

Wouldn't the hero be able to revive in his last "Saved" town/inn/church then ?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics