Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.17 - 446votes)

Kenja no Mago

Alt Names: alt 賢者の孫alt 贤者之孙alt 현자의 손자alt Magi's grandson
Author: Yoshioka Tsuyoshi
Artist: Shunsuke Ogata
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Thanks to various magic, the human race has been saved from calamity many, many times. Retaining his memories from his previous life, a boy, Shin, was picked up by an old man known to the world as the "Magi."

Shin was brought up by the Magi, who had retired to a secular place, as his own grandson. With the memories of his past life, he absorbed the Magi's craft and grew to be able to develop his own magic.

Then, the grandfather told him he has to become independent when he reaches the age of 15.

"Ah, I forgot to teach him common sense."

The grandson who has grown beyond the level of normal people, lacked common sense; the common sense of the world. So to learn how to socialize, he goes to Earlshide Kingdom City to be admitted to Earlshide Advanced Magic Academy.

RAWS: https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000015/
Go to Kenja no Mago Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Manga Raws New Window YukitoOnline
  • 0 Replies
Topic Web Novel translation New Window Starbuck
  • 3 Replies

782 Comments

well the story is really good at first, but in later chapers(volumes) it will become shitty as hell,

(THIS STORY IS RESOLVE TO A F*CKING RETARD BAST*RD WHO HAS A PERFECT GRANDMA/GRANDPA , HAS A PERFECT RELATIONSHIP AND A OP POWERS)

WHO THE F*CK WANT TO READ A PERFECT IDIOT WITHOUT A PLOT?

AS THE STORY PASS BY YOU WILL ALWAYS SEE (OH, HE IS THE GRANDSON OF THIS BADASS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

SO I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO NOT READ THIS!! THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME -_-

---WELL THOSE WHO WILL UNDERSTAND ME ARE THOSE WHO READ THE NOVEL BTW.. SO F*CK OFF FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THIS MANGA/NOVEL

As someone who reads Legendary Moonlight Sculptor and Death March, thanks for the rec. I was looking for new shit to read while im at work. 

well the story is really good at first, but in later chapers(volumes) it will become shitty as hell,

(THIS STORY IS RESOLVE TO A F*CKING RETARD BAST*RD WHO HAS A PERFECT GRANDMA/GRANDPA , HAS A PERFECT RELATIONSHIP AND A OP POWERS)

WHO THE F*CK WANT TO READ A PERFECT IDIOT WITHOUT A PLOT?

AS THE STORY PASS BY YOU WILL ALWAYS SEE (OH, HE IS THE GRANDSON OF THIS BADASS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

SO I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO NOT READ THIS!! THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME -_-

---WELL THOSE WHO WILL UNDERSTAND ME ARE THOSE WHO READ THE NOVEL BTW.. SO F*CK OFF FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THIS MANGA/NOVEL

Merlin and Melinda seems to be what happens when two companions don't resolve their belligerant sexual tension, lol.

If you read the novel, you will know that this gets even better. The best parts are when he surprises people. Don't worry guys. This isn't like all of those weirder Isekai reincarnations where the author gives some mc a harem and OP powers. Just OP powers and a monogamous relation. This is rare as most isekai transporters or reincarnators always have some sort of harem for no reason. 

Sign me up right this instant.

to everyone, what he used is not explosion magic its a simple fire spell

Explosion Magic is the best kind of Magic

Spoiler

lina inverse classic... looked again nvm

I love how that old couple acts like they are still teenagers, "our" grandson, shy and air-head.

If you read the novel, you will know that this gets even better. The best parts are when he surprises people. Don't worry guys. This isn't like all of those weirder Isekai reincarnations where the author gives some mc a harem and OP powers. Just OP powers and a monogamous relation. This is rare as most isekai transporters or reincarnators always have some sort of harem for no reason. 

I have no expectations whatsoever from the manga because it will probably get cancelled and the art looks generic too but the novel looks great, lets see how it goes.

This is like magical dragonball

Explosion Magic is the best kind of Magic

Spoiler

When you think about it, that flame should be blue.

another re isekai ......

well im giving it a chance

ok im in

its good XD

another re isekai ......

well im giving it a chance

LoL Need More Chapter of this manga ^^
Probably normal people can shoot FireBall if they trained hard 
But, the MC can Shoot Flamethrower like taking a candy from a baby >.<

Well, thanks for the translation.. Looking forward to the next one ^^

Ahaha, this was actually funny which is a real surprise.

Actually the best thing about this series is its comedy. His lack of common sense combined with peoples reactions to the over the top things he does is priceless.

Spoiler

wow shin you got some nice shoe

Ahaha, this was actually funny which is a real surprise.

"Ah, now that you mention it I forgot to teach him common sense". GG, powerful character with no common sense, sure why not send him out into the world what could go wrong.

So does son goku ring a bell

"Ah, now that you mention it I forgot to teach him common sense". GG, powerful character with no common sense, sure why not send him out into the world what could go wrong.

Why there hasn't been any new chapter yet ?

The prologue to Ovallord is written from Truck-senpai's perspective: http://skythewoodtl.com/ovallord/

just started reading that one... WTH is going on with that Initial D reference in the beginning xD and all the rest of the beginning xD

/Edit: better said... WTH is with all of that setting, how can one come up with something like that?

So if my deductions is right, in that case the runes is like a medium to channel one's imagination, and with how the magic in that world came from clear imagery of the practicality itself, meaning clearer the imagination, stronger the magic?

So like when he created that HF blade, can it be goes down comically like this?:

Spoiler

Haha, me and my humor...

Wait, do our MC has any knowledges about Japan's pop culture (anime, games, and the likes)?

Can he be considered as an otaku?

I think you are still misunderstanding, as each "letter" is added, you have to visualize the effect you're adding, making some enchantments costly, and there's also a character limit. So if you inscribed it abbreviated as HF, your image of what those "runes" mean, would create the effect, but it's not done that way there, they spell out the effect and are limited by the length of the words. In this one and Wordmaster they get around that limitation by using Japanese moonrunes which can stand for whole words.

Haha, me and my humor...

Wait, do our MC has any knowledges about Japan's pop culture (anime, games, and the likes)?

You don't need to be an "otaku" to understand pop culture references. That said, he's rarely (if ever) even referenced anything in the web novel. He seems to just be an average person.

It seems pretty generic. Not really bad though.

IIRC, it was because the power for the runes (and magic in general) is based on the understanding of the one who creates the magic. With a more solid picture in mind, a more detailed magic can be imbued.

So if my deductions is right, in that case the runes is like a medium to channel one's imagination, and with how the magic in that world came from clear imagery of the practicality itself, meaning clearer the imagination, stronger the magic?

So like when he created that HF blade, can it be goes down comically like this?:

Spoiler

Haha, me and my humor...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics