Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.74 - 233votes)

Demon Spirit Seed Manual

Alt Names: alt 妖精种植手册alt Fairy Seed Handbookalt Yao Jing Zhong Zhi Shou Ce
Author: Dazui
Artist: Dazui
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremShounen ShounenTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: "So many demon spirits, I want to collect them." Long Ao Tian. Yuan Ding, goes on a journey of collecting demon spirits.

TL's description: Long Ao Tian. Yuan Ding, an otaku, was transported to another world. After taking Shuo Yue Academy's entrance exam, Yuan Ding's life in another world begins, aiming to collect the Demon Spirits said to exist in the legends. A lighthearted, comedy and harem manhua.

Raw: http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/535731
Go to Demon Spirit Seed Manual Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ask Translator Thread (Spoilers) New Window RikkTL
  • 0 Replies
Topic LN/WN New Window yajibei
  • 5 Replies

562 Comments

The derp is strong with this one.

is he gonna rip that and let those mountains loose.

Why is that Ditsy Princess so .... CUTE? I mean Jeez, you want to just squeeze her then you realize that she is super high maintenance, is as dumb as a brick (my apologies to bricks), and your kids would probably be retarded. I guess that is what condoms are for eh ... also we men tend to lose thinking capacity when the other head takes over.

oh? and i suppose you are an expert on phoenix and their color variations enough to know theres no such thing as a purple phoenix? the gall of some kids thinking they know the whole world smh..... lol jk

he literally does not throw a bird (phoenix) at his oponend. he attacks him with fire. fire shaped like an phoenix. purple in this case... in such storys they tend to define the power/heat of fire through using symbolic images. normal fire, vulcanic, dragon, phoenix, sun ... and sometimes they even color it as to differentiate it even more.

so you can read the fire attack as "hot like a phoenix" and "even more heat then a normal phoenix" ...

Welcome ^^

You made a good point, I didn't have enough sleep at that point in time and purple phoenix fire punch/fist seemed really weird, now that you pointed it out it doesn't seem as weird. I tried to make it more ability sounding as the original just seemed to be describing what he's doing, I'll take note of that when future abilities come out, like half of the abilities and other things don't  actually happen again, but even still there's clues as to the backstory of the demon spirits

tldr, i messed up, i'll take note in future, thank you

eg.

;)

thx for the update :D

in ch. 80 "purple fire phoenix fist"... the note meantions that the direct translation would be "purple phoenix fire fist".

the original is the better one... why?... the attack describse the fire not te color of the phoenix... he uses a phoenix fire attack, and this one is purple colored ... so purple phoenix fire...

Welcome ^^

You made a good point, I didn't have enough sleep at that point in time and purple phoenix fire punch/fist seemed really weird, now that you pointed it out it doesn't seem as weird. I tried to make it more ability sounding as the original just seemed to be describing what he's doing, I'll take note of that when future abilities come out, like half of the abilities and other things don't  actually happen again, but even still there's clues as to the backstory of the demon spirits

tldr, i messed up, i'll take note in future, thank you

eg.

Spoiler

in ch. 80 "purple fire phoenix fist"... the note meantions that the direct translation would be "purple phoenix fire fist".

the original is the better one... why?... the attack describse the fire not te color of the phoenix... he uses a phoenix fire attack, and this one is purple colored ... so purple phoenix fire...

oh? and i suppose you are an expert on phoenix and their color variations enough to know theres no such thing as a purple phoenix? the gall of some kids thinking they know the whole world smh..... lol jk

I could pass on the actual story and just have each chapter be 5 delicious cover images instead and I would be happy.

4 Bad guys 

Counting MC + His three demon spirits the number fits.

Thanks for the updates.

Well, i also read this from first chapters, and want thank you for your work. Good people like you make world litle better :-)

Thanks ^^ I'll continue what I'm doing, hope you continue on this ride with me as well ^^

Well, i also read this from first chapters, and want thank you for your work. Good people like you make world litle better :-)

The thing is, do chapters get released faster in these raws than regular manga?  In the "Attack on Titan" example it seems that AoT gets released once per month, instead of weekly, which makes sense why there is 4-5x the chapter count. Would that mean this manhua gets released bi-weekly or something?  Not going to blame Rikk for the slowness, because he/she is doing the best they can for us, and I greatly appreciate it, but I'm curious how the release schedule looks for a manga of such short chapters, such as this.

Raws are updated I believe 3 per week. It used to be 2 per week if I'm not wrong so it wouldn't be wrong to say that it's equal to a weekly manga.

The thing is, do chapters get released faster in these raws than regular manga?  In the "Attack on Titan" example it seems that AoT gets released once per month, instead of weekly, which makes sense why there is 4-5x the chapter count. Would that mean this manhua gets released bi-weekly or something?  Not going to blame Rikk for the slowness, because he/she is doing the best they can for us, and I greatly appreciate it, but I'm curious how the release schedule looks for a manga of such short chapters, such as this.

In regards to how the story works as to cliffhangers, I'd say it flows more as a story but of course it ends on a cliffhanger almost every time and it's been there since awhile. There are more cases of such "cliffhanger" manhua like Tales of Demon and Gods and in fact novels as well, the chapters connect but has to end in a cliffhanger as a result.

>Not going to blame Rikk for the slowness

Think there's some blaming here already but you've been here since the start and I get where you're coming from, again, I'm doing this to give back to the community, and it doesn't take effort to let the chapters stockpile before reading it, and I'm aware of readers who do so with many series. Basically I ended my exams now and plan to translate more with the free time I have for a very short period of time. For the next 30 chapters, I think no matter where I stop everyone and anyone will call cliffhanger

1) Stockpile the chapters and read them, arc 2 ends around 106 if I recall correctly

2) Read the raws and infer from the pictures what happen, I know other readers who did this too

3)I have a spoiler channel on my discord for DSSM for those who want to know what's going to happen

4) Read them as they come out and patiently wait for the next one

There are many monster translators out there, or so I would like to call them in a respectful and praising manner, who uploads daily or even bulk at those times, I do not know their schedule and how much time and dedication they put into translating. Translating is ONE of my hobbies and my way of giving back to the community I so enjoy being a part of, but I'm not able to commit a lot of time to translating this, I plan to push for 10 chapters+ over the next 2 weeks which is basically the free period I have before I have things going on again. I'd appreciate if any 4 of the above were done or you'd take the slowness of the chapters to speculate what will happen or the backstory of the demon spirit, it may not seem like it but hints were already given as to arc 2 or simply enjoy the view of the cover page together. A "looking forward to the next chapter" instead of the hundreds of comments with "Slowness, when's the next chapter, clfifhanger always, eyes" would feel so much better.

>he/she is doing the best they can for us, and I greatly appreciate it

You're one of the readers with me from the start and I get that you're just curious, my comment was to answer your chapter release query and the rest for the other people who speak along the same lines. I'm a he and thank you for your appreciation, it really does keep me going

It really sucks when you're getting into a chapter and then

I don't think that I've ever read a manga that just cliffhangers chapters as much as this one.  I don't know why the Author thought it would be a good idea to make extremely short chapters.  The chapter count might be decently high, but the story is really just beginning.  This manhua only has 10 pages per chapter, whereas manga such as "Attack on Titan" have 40-50.  So instead of 76, we are closer to Chapter 38/(35-40) of a regular manga that lasts 20 pages, or around 15 if we look at AoT.

I know it'd be ideal if we...

This dragon needs to join the fellowship. He looks cool and has a great personality.

Spoiler

I intend to use "hilariously stupid" in conversation this week.

Please update on this :^)

I intend to use "hilariously stupid" in conversation this week.

hey i'm still down for dragon mounts fuck yeah....even tho it's a noob

Just means there is more of a chance to train him to be a badass.  Probably a young dragon who will grow with the crew.

Rank 3 is still pretty decent to start with, compared to our level 0-1 MC.  Granted the Demon Spirits are probably all RAnk 10+, depending on how high the rankings go.

Not sure I want a female dragon, what will that add to the group?  It's not like it's a humanoid dragon, there isn't any fan-service that the dragon could do for the viewers.  If it transformed... maybe.

That was the most pathetic fight I have ever seen.

The harem is demon spirits, and I don't see him subjugating people and turning them into demon spirits with his current demeanor. If the dragon teams up with them, it's at best as a mount.

hey i'm still down for dragon mounts fuck yeah....even tho it's a noob

"COME AT ME BRO!"

"NO YOU COME AT ME BRO"

"DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!"

"DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!"

Audience: "........."

inb4 dragon gets beaten, turns out to be a pretty dragon girl and gets added to the collection

The harem is demon spirits, and I don't see him subjugating people and turning them into demon spirits with his current demeanor. If the dragon teams up with them, it's at best as a mount.

inb4 dragon gets beaten, turns out to be a pretty dragon girl and gets added to the collection

I will be disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be one.

Of course, what else could It be?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics