Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (3.74 - 233votes)

Demon Spirit Seed Manual

Alt Names: alt 妖精种植手册alt Fairy Seed Handbookalt Yao Jing Zhong Zhi Shou Ce
Author: Dazui
Artist: Dazui
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremShounen ShounenTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhua (Chinese)
Description: "So many demon spirits, I want to collect them." Long Ao Tian. Yuan Ding, goes on a journey of collecting demon spirits.

TL's description: Long Ao Tian. Yuan Ding, an otaku, was transported to another world. After taking Shuo Yue Academy's entrance exam, Yuan Ding's life in another world begins, aiming to collect the Demon Spirits said to exist in the legends. A lighthearted, comedy and harem manhua.

Raw: http://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/535731
Go to Demon Spirit Seed Manual Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Ask Translator Thread (Spoilers) New Window RikkTL
  • 0 Replies
Topic LN/WN New Window yajibei
  • 5 Replies

562 Comments

Spoiler

Idk, maybe too much, but it's something to think about.

Rikk my good translator, I am curious about this page

/comics/2016/04/19/d/read5716454789265/img000002.jpgwhere you comment about the name not being "Long Ao Tian" but then Chapter 21 is "I am Long Ao Tian" so... what is it? :P

Thanks,

Quite frankly, the first time I said it was his name was because of this page. Then after someone pointed out, it wasn't a name but a term, I did a check and so it was true.
Spoiler

Ultimately, my knowledge isn't enough for that, but presume he's calling himself with another name/alias. I'm sorry I can't clear this up.

Edit: If I could give an example in Japanese, 'ore ga heroine', I am the heroine, so it's not his name, but his title, which I'm not exactly sure how to translate into English. I'll maybe make a page explaining this in the future chapters.
He said he was planning on using modest words to express integrate himself info the class. He had no control over what he said. You can see he has very little pride, seeing how he caved in easily to the principal,and was fine being a gardener. Don't see why you're slamming him so hard. He's just an average, modest guy who has a hobby of collecting things.

Resist must not listen to the D!

He said his body isn't listening. Wouldn't that mean that, rather than being full of himself, he's not at fault?

Spoiler

Idk, maybe too much, but it's something to think about.

Rikk my good translator, I am curious about this page

/comics/2016/04/19/d/read5716454789265/img000002.jpgwhere you comment about the name not being "Long Ao Tian" but then Chapter 21 is "I am Long Ao Tian" so... what is it? :P

Thanks,

Uhm yeah? That's the cliché in question? A main character who through no efforts of his own suddenly obtains special powers?

We aren't on the same page, the cliche or storyline is not in question but the persons statement. Naruto would be an entirely different story if he didn't have the nine tails in him, agreed? The first sentence was, Yuan Ding would just continue being a gardener if he ran at the start, which is stating the obvious. Maybe my comparison wasn't clear enough, 'Your comment wouldn't be uploaded if you didn't click add comment' 'It would be a goal if the goalkeeper didn't save it' 'I could have listened to music if I had my headphones'. He obtains the power without effort? Great, he could obtain it with effort or selling off his limbs, it wouldn't change my statement. 'The story would end here if yuan ding died with no ways of reviving', obvious right? That's the first comment, not about the plot.

Every chapter feels like it skipped a chapter worth of content.

Wow, just wow. This guy is tapping into powers that aren't his own and he's getting full of himself.

He said his body isn't listening. Wouldn't that mean that, rather than being full of himself, he's not at fault?

Wow, just wow. This guy is tapping into powers that aren't his own and he's getting full of himself.

He's got the original power he had (barely there wood element), the power of his one and only Demon Spirit (drastically enhances his natural wood element) and the existence (life force, element and magic power) of a powerful ice using Succubus, so of course he's going to be strong. Sad part is, he is still a worthless mage with no spells aside from making plants grow.

To make matters worse, that Succubus' existence being fused with him has turned him into a playboy. Sadly, these charms only seem to work on human women with low magical power, meaning it is worthless since the only PL that matters is with his Demon Spirits. (might work on lolis though)

It would be such a waste if he didn't have the succubus blood manifesting itself. There is too much fun to be had with that. 

Except, as I pointed out, it is worthless on the targets he has to woo. No amount of PL with Mi Mi will do him any good, other than having all the guys wishing he'd die. And it is the Succubus' existence itself that was infused into him. For lack of a better term, she was broken down into magic and life force, then forced into his dying body. That's where his magic boost, and water magic, came from.

Aaaaannnndddd the succubus comes back to bite you in the ass ... or should that be the groin? LOL.

How do we know that he didn't gain this power on his own?  People are speculating waaay too much.  FWIW he was the one who sealed the first seed, so it's possible he goes back in time, or was originally in that time, and even sealed himself away, without memories, in order to continue where he left off in the future.

WE will see what happens...

As for the cell phone...  I knew it would come in handy some time!

Uhm yeah? That's the cliché in question? A main character who through no efforts of his own suddenly obtains special powers?

to be fair, while i dislike the majority of naruto and bleach both... they didn't exactly go unfounded...

Spoiler

sure, the "no effort" part must suck because it doesn't always happen to people in everyday life, but some people are born to poverty, some are born to riches. All through no effort of their own, get over it xD

If you can read it, it is a cliche to someone somewhere, because nothing is unique or untried, only popularly known or not.

all romances are cliche, same stuff written differently. just to name an example ;) When I first saw this I thought "oh a male version of cardcaptor sakura", different yet the same.

So now the grimoire become an app in his phone.

Best App ever.

Just $0.99 a year!

MC too OP, pls nerf.

Did you read what I replied to? It was him saying Yuan Ding would still be growing plants in the garden if he ran away at the start and that he got it by fluke. That's literally the story line, Naruto and Bleach wouldn't even happen if Naruto didn't have the 9 tails sealed in him and Ichigo didn't get Shinigami powers or died at Episode 1. It's not the problem of cliche or self-awareness.

blame the succubus lifeforce :P

he shall now become a seducing mastah!!! xD

It would be such a waste if he didn't have the succubus blood manifesting itself. There is too much fun to be had with that. 

Otaku to ikeman in 60 seconds.  Power is a scary thing

Sneaking up on this guy has got to be fucking impossible. He's got one eye over both his shoulders at all times.

So that entire seducing Mi Mi scene was either all for comedy or the succubus that was absorbed had some unforeseen consequences.

Oh shit, i just noticed how his eyes always point in different directions.

he is a rare MC

he still has strabismus.

Oh shit, i just noticed how his eyes always point in different directions.

So did anyone else notice the Attack on Titan logo on the back of his shirt...

I mean, it's not exactly hiding.

So did anyone else notice the Attack on Titan logo on the back of his shirt...

So now the grimoire become an app in his phone.

Best App ever.

I wonder exactly how much of the Chinese raws use Japanese. I'm guessing that's why certain things are translated certain ways. I don't know if it could just be written out as Japanese, since a decent number of characters are still used pretty much the same way in Chinese. 兄 for example. (Pretty sure 哥哥 would be more common in Chinese, but still.)

Japanese is taken from Chinese, but in this case, this manhua is inspired by the Japanese manga/light novels etc., the Onii-chan was just me translating it from Chinese to Japanese instead of English. Instead of the standard "what" in chinese, it uses Chinese words that is pronounced "Nani", which is what Japanese. 哥哥 was used which means big brother= onii-chan. Well, there was someone who violently protested against this, nevertheless I don't see another opportunity to translate into Japanese romaji except for the nani I mentioned above.

That beast woman demon spirit with the gold eyes is fairly good looking. I hope she actually appears, though she'll probably try to murder the MC too. He seriously needs to get some badges.

And, as I said before, the MC still sucks so hard that he can't do anything other than hear the book talk to him and invade the memories of the Demon Spirits. So much for being upgraded to the strongest in a flash. The only thing he got was the life force of a sex demon, three demon spirit seeds that he probably doesn't know how to unseal, a master (the principal) and a demon spirit that would give anything to kill him.

>He needs higher PL

>> He can't do anything?

Spoiler

Well yeah, that's why it's called a cliche. Comparing it to Naruto or Bleach is a lost battle from the start lol.

This manhua has been nothing but cliche from the start, but at least it is slightly self-aware, but even self-awareness has been done to death nowadays so this manhua has offered absolutely nothing new so far, so it's fair to expect that it will continue to be a cliche storm.

Did you read what I replied to? It was him saying Yuan Ding would still be growing plants in the garden if he ran away at the start and that he got it by fluke. That's literally the story line, Naruto and Bleach wouldn't even happen if Naruto didn't have the 9 tails sealed in him and Ichigo didn't get Shinigami powers or died at Episode 1. It's not the problem of cliche or self-awareness.

Eh? Did somebody say females from the beast race?

Yes, he's in another world. :D Hype

Not sure how literal that 1% is though.

It's literal, there's 100.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics