Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.67 - 256votes)

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Alt Names: alt Blade of Demon Destructionalt Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaalt 鬼灭之刃alt 鬼滅の刃alt 귀멸의 칼날
Author: Gotouge Koyoharu
Artist: Gotouge Koyoharu
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalMartial Arts Martial ArtsShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Tanjiro is the eldest son in a family that has lost its father. Tanjiro visits another town one day to sell charcoal, but ends up staying the night at someone else's house instead of going home because of a rumor about a demon that stalks a nearby mountain at night. When he goes home the next day, tragedy is waiting for him.
Go to Kimetsu no Yaiba Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic like the story and concept, but.... New Window makuta2
  • 1 Replies
Topic We love him because he says we aren't trash New Window truepurple
  • 4 Replies
Topic Released chapter discussion, Kimetsu no Yaiba New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies
Topic Chapter 72 New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic I reviewed chapter 71 of Kimestu no Yaiba New Window hunterxhuntard
  • 0 Replies
Topic What I'd want to say to manga bad guy logic. New Window truepurple
  • 0 Replies

738 Comments

What usually shows when a server won't load a page is nothing, no menu or anything. And all the other comics load fine even as this one won't load on any server.

This error usually shows up when there are issues with a server, however it seems like none of them are able to show the pages. A mod approved and checked the chapter since it is up, so it must have worked earlier.

When I try to view ch 79, I see "CDN NYC"

Fix the last chapter

What's wrong with it?

EDIT: Ahh, it's not loading.

Fix the last chapter

The fucking mice

I can't

I too beleve the Breath of the Sun might have a bloodline part.

Currently, Tanjirou is using Dance of the Fire God, not Breath of the Sun, I would asume the Dance is a subset of of BotS... so, in theory, Breath of the Sun might have five componants, five elemental dances, who probably in turn inspired the five main elemental Breaths.

Also, it looked like Tanjirou's dad, just like Oyakata, had bad health, he could do the dance for a while, but not at a level of power required for fighting, or at least, fighting for long.

Guessing that Muzan waited until Tanjirou Sr. died before going after his family, something Oyakata knew, but was slow or late to react to.

World Trigger's early chapters are excellent...EXCLUSIVELY in retrospect. Though, don't remind me of World Trigger. It depresses me.

Just join the club of HxH and Berserk. We can all be friends through never-ending hiatus.

Spoiler

Rereading the chapter it wasn't explained very well if Rengoku's father couldn't use the breaths or wasn't allowed to be taught them.

I'm guessing it'll end up being something like: He wanted to learn but the Breath of the Sun can only be used by a certain bloodline (hence why Rengoku's father imagines it being a 'pride' thing and is angry about Tanjirou having the earrings).

It would also explain why Nezuko was able to keep some of her humanity while turning into a demon and that her demonic ability is also fire. I just really despise the whole bloodline concept. The idea that it doesn't matter your expertise, you're simply born into greatness and there's no way for other people to overcome that (ironically this close to what Rengoku's Father had said: maybe because that's the truth of it).

If this were true though it still doesn't explain why Tanjirou/Father/Family wouldn't be under super-protection for the Demon Hunters.

Rereading the early chapter with Muzan seems to infer that the earrings are specific to their (Tanjirou) family, also that the person who nearly struck Muzan down resembles the same person that Rengoku's Father described: who both look like a younger version of Tanjirou's Father. So former-Pillar or a wandering Mercenary (Witcher?)

one of the manga where I think the author would redo the early chapters again (another being World Trigger)

World Trigger's early chapters are excellent...EXCLUSIVELY in retrospect.

Though, don't remind me of World Trigger. It depresses me.

Spoiler

It was pretty much implied that only tanjirou's family could use the breath of the sun, that would explain why aniki's dad was so pissed at himself because he couldn't use it and why he knew instantly that tanjirou is a breath of the sun user just by seing his father's memento, the earrings

There is also the fact that muzan fears "the one with the earrings" so much that he would rather have him killed instead of a pillar.

So basically:

1)Tanjirou's family created the breath of the sun, the strongest breath.

2)The other families couldn't use it

3)Those families created a different breath style based on the breath of the sun that would go well with their bodies

probably Inosuke is going to fight the real Upper Moon demon 

Spoiler

If I had to guess based on the last chapter, the sun god dance is relatively dangerous - a fever of 38 degrees for two days, which may be the reason why Tanjirou's refused to teach anyone. Maybe Tanjirou and Nexus have better tolerant a as descendants or something?

Why is Inosuke so cool, when his pig schtick is so lame?

God damn I love Inosuke so much. One of my favorite characters of recent memory.

Thank you for the new chapter.

dance is battle. or, rather, you can perform martial arts moves as a dance.

still, i would have to reread and see if the chapter is implying he was trying to use fire moves before and just couldn't last or what.

Only implication was when he asked his father how he could dance for so long in the cold, I GUESS the meaning being that Tanjirou couldn't possibly copy what his Father was doing.

IMO this is one of the manga where I think the author would redo the early chapters again (another being World Trigger). I mean you can go reread the first chapter to understand what I mean. The Demon Hunters seem to be a force like the army, where everyone is close to the same skill level (no 'Pillars'), let alone the fact that Tomioka was shown to be so weak early on (arrives late, almost gets hit by Tanjirou's ax throw, letting Nezuko potentially eat Tanjirou).

Now we're getting odd flashbacks about how important Tanjirou's dad is, considering that he knew the Sun God Style, he's probably some form of royalty or greatness and yet for some reason was alone. I think one of the bigger problems was introducing the Sun God Style as better than all the other forms as they are fractures of the perfected style. Why would it not be the other way: The Sun God Style while an absolute fighting method was unable to deal with specified fighting abilities thus the Lightning Style was created to deal with demons faster than an average human.

Because seriously what is a GOOD reason for why Tanjirou's dad was in isolation and not willing to teach others the Sun God Style, furthermore how would the style possibly EVER go away considering in this series it's the best thing ever. It's just insanely silly to me and I don't think that part of the series can be filled in by any excuse. I've tried to think of one and failed consistently. You can't tell me that people decided not to use the style anymore or that people who knew the style were so stuck up that they wouldn't teach others simply because of their pride.

Anyways. I still enjoy the series, it's fun. But just try not to think too much about it.

These off scene power ups are asspulls and together is one of the reasons why I disliked KHR manga after a point. 

still, i would have to reread and see if the chapter is implying he was trying to use fire moves before and just couldn't last or what.

Yes, he was trying to use them before, couldn't take the dmg to his body and switched to another style. Also, what do you think all that "When you can continue this breathing all day you are just on the smallest rung of a pillar's techniques." and chasing those girls while recovering was about? That wasn't  "off screen" at all, it was a few chapters too long in my opinion, but I guess the author was trying to show how much work they were putting into improving themselves. Not that anyone seems to have noticed..... 

Honestly I've never liked this manga's fighting and techniques bullshit because it's honestly all bullshit. Every character just pulls dances or breaths or whatever out of their asses and cool shit happens. It's not something that is even explained in decent detail so it's honestly one of this manga's faults if not the biggest. Fortunately it doesn't detract from it's shounen-ness as it's still a pretty good manga and I just ignore all the technique and skill bullshit.

when did he even learn techniques for the fire god style? Was this a deus ex machina or am i forgetting something?

He probably always knew it as he could have picked it up from his father. He only realised what he was actually seeing when he was heavily pressed back within the forest.  But it wasn't done right, that I agree. These off scene power ups are asspulls and together is one of the reasons why I disliked KHR manga after a point.

Also remember that both Tanjirou and Nezuko have shown the ability to interact with the spirits of the deads to some degrees, it could play a role here.

And here I thought we would have Zenitsu.

I'd like to think it's him fighting underground but I think that's some pig assault goin on.

Where's mah boy at.

His father never fought, he just danced.

He probably always knew it as he could have picked it up from his father. He only realised what he was actually seeing when he was heavily pressed back within the forest.  But it wasn't done right, that I agree. These off scene power ups are asspulls and together is one of the reasons why I disliked KHR manga after a point. 

His father never fought, he just danced.

when did he even learn techniques for the fire god style? Was this a deus ex machina or am i forgetting something?

she's not just some hooker, she's an oiran.

give her opium

Or show her Tengen without his usual get up, he might be able to off her during snu snu.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics