Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

Un (?) fortunately, the start of chapter 7 says "Summer of Taishou 11", which translates to June/July/August 1922. The first bombing of Honshuu was the Doolittle raid on 18 April 1942, a bit under 20 years away. After that, another two years would pass before the next bombing raids starting June 1944 which ended with Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945.

So if Tamahiko's family gets hit by WWII, they still have two decades to get their comeuppance, which is a bit long by any standard...

Thanks for the historical context, but just as WW2 in Europe has its origins long before the outbreak of fighting in 1938, the war in the Pacific also has origins in Japan's imperialism.  What immediately comes to mind are the invasions on Manchuria and Occupation Korea.

Un (?) fortunately, the start of chapter 7 says "Summer of Taishou 11", which translates to June/July/August 1922. The first bombing of Honshuu was the Doolittle raid on 18 April 1942, a bit under 20 years away. After that, another two years would pass before the next bombing raids starting June 1944 which ended with Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945.

So if Tamahiko's family gets hit by WWII, they still have two decades to get their comeuppance, which is a bit long by any standard...

Unfortunately.

Well, as long as he doesn't live past 40

Cue WW 1

Um. 1922. The first world war ended in november 1918.

I don't think it's going to start up again during the story.

Spoiler

Don't worry kid, you'll have plenty of opportunities to die once the war rolls out.

His family in the city is probably gonna get nuked in WWII.

Yeah, I've been fretting WWII since the the first page (also had it on my mind because I thought the mompe worn in the beginning were a WWII fabric ration thing? Sorry, obscure detail. XD).

A quick, and silly, prediction.
Spoiler

Don't worry kid, you'll have plenty of opportunities to die once the war rolls out.

Yeah, I've been fretting WWII since the the first page (also had it on my mind because I thought the mompe worn in the beginning were a WWII fabric ration thing? Sorry, obscure detail. XD).
1. Brother + imouto go into business together.
2. Profit.
3. ????
4. The 11081 come out (unless a tragedy was the catalyst T-T)
Mmm I do love me some vanilla and this manga delivers it tenfold. I do hope we get to see the couple go into their adult lives (plz no use tragedy tag to cause something incredibly heartbreaking to occur).

As soon he saw that boobs, he immediately want to make her happy.

My nigga.

You dont need to be envious of Tamako's body anymore.
Not at all.

Tamahiko wants to protect that smile.

lol at Ch 3

"For her age, Yuzuki sure is lacking curves. Her butt is nice I guess."

Hey man, that's where it counts the most.

And with recent chapter, did he jinx it, or was his wish granted?

This is the biggest plot twist I've seen yet.

Also the most rounded and yielding plot twist.

Mfw she bind her chest again at the end
Spoiler

Sweet baby jesus, Oppai loli is a miracle of the universe.

Let's go guys place your bets on who will be the first to die.

His family in the city is probably gonna get nuked in WWII.

Let's go guys place your bets on who will be the first to die.

This is the biggest plot twist I've seen yet.

Oppai loli = I, polio pal

Tragedy inbound.

Spoiler

lol at Ch 3

"For her age, Yuzuki sure is lacking curves. Her butt is nice I guess."

Hey man, that's where it counts the most.

>sure is lacking curves
>Ch. 8

Insert Foot In Mouth, Tamahiko. Insert Foot In Mouth.

Wow Oppai loli Nice

It's alive!

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics