Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

>marathon all 11 chapters after finding this gem

>look at upload dates

>despair

Well that got dark. I liked it, but I wasn't expecting it.

Edit: I've seen the raws...

Spoiler

Which is even more bullshit. How in the world...!?

How can anyone let that slide? The waifu was seemingly betrayed and the MC is still the same doormat as before except now he smell like another woman's doormat. It cannot be resolved without some righteous and public shaming.

There's a difference between the MC not wanting to visit extra trouble on the village-girl with her father andgoing down on all for and spreading the ass-cheeks like that. I'm trying to figure it out, and I can't. Not in any manner that makes sense internally. V2Ch11 was like inviting a cow into the house. You can buy a shovel or ten if you want, you're still stuck shoveling that BS at the end of the day.

Tearing it up was pretty major overkill.  

What the eff!

Spoiler

I don't even feel bad for her anymore. The whole "dad tells her to steal and beats her" gets a lot less pitiable when the "victim" is an asshole of a human being that takes pleasure in ruining people's lives.

Damn thieving cat, what are you doing in my fluffy manga?!  ... okay, I know they'll be fine but to end the chapter that way... Damn author, what are you doing to my fluffy manga?!

It's pretty easy to get mad at the spineless MC, but why? I assume most people here have read quite some manga in their time, and beta-max turbopussy MC's are a dime a dozen. You should have some sort of immunity for their antics, especially since this guys offenses are fairly light, and in-character. It was Yuzuki who overacted.

Anyways, what's more important is to look to the future. The possibilities for his redemption are pretty endless, and it's more enjoyable to be excited for those possibilities than angry at (yet another) beta being stupid.

I agree, I understand people's disappointment, but wimpy main characters are the archetype. 

I just hope this series doesn't get more than 2 girls. If one more girl pops up, that's what will finish it for me. 

And dropped. MC is way too much of a pushover and pathetic. If someone breaks into your house, kick them out don't blush over them

That's pathetic that you would drop it just for that.

Well that got dark. I liked it, but I wasn't expecting it.

Edit: I've seen the raws...

Spoiler

It's just because the MC had been depraved of such happiness 

Deprived, my good man, not depraved. Thank you.

It's pretty easy to get mad at the spineless MC, but why? I assume most people here have read quite some manga in their time, and beta-max turbopussy MC's are a dime a dozen. You should have some sort of immunity for their antics, especially since this guys offenses are fairly light, and in-character. It was Yuzuki who overacted.

Anyways, what's more important is to look to the future. The possibilities for his redemption are pretty endless, and it's more enjoyable to be excited for those possibilities than angry at (yet another) beta being stupid.

Eh, while this chapter indeed is worthy of the rage of a thousand suns, it doesn't rustle my jimmies all that much. I can accept the fact that the MC is a release 0.1 beta version because of his experiences, and I fully expect him to improve upon his failings soon enough.

Yuzu is acting kinda out of character though, she does know that his future husband is a wuss, but not much of a liar. She should have been able to notice that the situation is nothing like it seems, instead she went berserk on that poor bookmarker.

I hope the homewrecker won't get a free pass just because 'sad past so i get to be edgy lol' though, she should really get at least some amount of due.

true. i'm more angered at ryo instead of tamahiko; well, as long as her true motive's unexplained. i can get breaking in for money, but something else is driving her to disturb tamahiko and yuzu's relationship directly.

dude literally just got his life- both body and spirit shattered badly and while yuzu helped him built himself back, he's still fragile as he is. not to mention that he's still having insecurities with this whole couple thing so this is where he is tested.

IMO yuzu probably teared the bookmark up not because she's disappointed in him, but due to some other reason; seems like she noticed something's wrong with the bookmark- most likely ryo's doing. also, hard to think that ryo managed to shook her verbally, seeing how unwaveringly loyal she is to tamahiko up until now.

Yuzu? Yuzu!!!
Eh, while this chapter indeed is worthy of the rage of a thousand suns, it doesn't rustle my jimmies all that much. I can accept the fact that the MC is a release 0.1 beta version because of his experiences, and I fully expect him to improve upon his failings soon enough.

Yuzu is acting kinda out of character though, she does know that her future husband is a wuss, but not much of a liar. She should have been able to notice that the situation is nothing like it seems, instead she went berserk on that poor bookmarker.

I hope the homewrecker won't get a free pass just because 'sad past so i get to be edgy lol' though, she should really get at least some amount of due.

I like how the majority of us readers have undying rage for the new chapter, but if you take a look at it from a different stand-point it's not that much of an aggravating move.

It's just because the MC had been depraved of such happiness that he was willing to go to lengths to retrieve something sentimental that we start feeling really bad for him. That and this show had mostly been about good feels so the bad feels taste all the more horrible.

The cuteness of the story was overwhelmed by the Bitch & Beta Male MC....

my soul, marred and desecrated from countless excursions into exh, LWB and the likes, is now cleansed.

until the latest chapter, that is. now the darkness is me once again.

And dropped. MC is way too much of a pushover and pathetic. If someone breaks into your house, kick them out don't blush over them

What the eff!

Spoiler

My guess is that she's trying to ruin his relationship in order to slip in as his new wife to get away from her home.

WHAT THE SHIT.
THIS IS NOT HOW I WANTED TO GO TO SLEEP

But honestly if he had just talked to her about what was happening everything would have been fine.

Well that chapter ruined my night LOL

The best way I can describe everything that just happened is "fucking awful"

What the eff!
Spoiler

Made me angry enough that I went to look at the raw for next chapter.

Spoiler

Wow both woman are awful. The guy is awful too, but because he's spineless.
Well, what do you expect from a manga written by a femdom hentai author?

I don't think it's bad that the MC is spineless. Yes, being spineless is bad, and we can look badly at the MC for being such. But flawed characters are what make some stories interesting! The MC is a coward, and that's reflected in his actions, and moves the along.

If the MC is always perfect you get copy-pasted shonen manga, lol.

Well... that's one way of making the MC go from passable to absolutely retarded in thirty-or-so pages.
It's not a new record but it's still kind of impressive. I can deal with jerkass and unstable MC with no center but dumb and without backbone (Olympic tier) killed this for me.

Just a little misunderstanding. Everything's gonna be fine soon as for the bad girl, I have a feeling something happened at home the day before

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics