Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

So, Kotori is a guy?

I think Kotori is a girl. And that "Kotori's brother" is just her wearing a disguise/wig so that she, a woman, could attend a real [modern day equivalent] university. Like earlier in the manga they said that a woman's higher education was like a school that taught tea ceremony, sewing, and wife stuff. Kotori might want to be a scientist/mathematician/engineer and this is the only way she can receive that education; by pretending to be a man.

"Warm and snuggly"

Well, they both were at fault. While 2 nukes were a bit too much p, i think japan got a little bit carried away in that period and became a national threat

"Carried away" is an understatement. The Army went full genocide in China and in the southern islands. However the Navy didn't.

Japan political situation was a mess before and during WW2. There was basically three "sides", between the civilian government, the Navy and the Army. The Army in particular was headed by a bunch of bloodthirsty warmongers, the Navy was headed by much more reasonables Admirals such as Isoroku Yamamoto.

Japan was on the verge of a civilian war until they started to be involved in the WW2 and the Army took full power.

But well, the USA also got carried away, the 2 nukes were clearly too much. Especially the second, that only was here for a demonstration of power to the USSR.

Tbf Japan weren't exactly either (Philippines, China, Korea)

Well, they both were at fault. While 2 nukes were a bit too much p, i think japan got a little bit carried away in that period and became a national threat

Yeah, their kids will probably be antagonists in a war manhua, but it still makes me sad to know they will probably die in a sea of fire due to amount of bombs dropped on Japan, sigh.

I think you are getting some things wrong.

The Taisho period is referenced as such because of Emperor Taisho and it was a period of economical growth and liberalism, it was before the Showa period that was marked by Japan militarism.

Japan militarism used the Bushido but in the Taisho period Japan was adopting more "western" attitudes so no, thats not something normal in that time period someone would act as a pre-Meiji Samurai that didnt even acted that way in the first place.

Simply the father is being set as a antagonist to keep the story going, the whole "successor to the family corporation" been done to death and usually in this mold, usually set in contemporary time, its also very flimsy as there is really no reason for him to act in such way during what is a time were martial arts lack any real relevance, it does because otherwise the story would not work.

Oh, don't get me wrong... Bushido as in Samurai does largely ended with Meiji Restoration. But their value of "Might makes right" and "Perfection" doesn't end until Japan's loss at WW2. Until then, Japan, especially the upper stratum of the social status, still view themselves as the invincible "God chosen people".

This calls for a caption contest. (^_~)

My personal preference: "Boob to the Head!" :P

(old comedy skit)

Tamahiko had gotten disowned.
Tamako is crying in bed!
Their FATHER is a big A-hole!
Yuzuki gives them a boob to the head!
Boob to the Head! Yah, yah...
Boob to the Head! Yah , yah...
Boob to the Head! Yah, yah...
Boob to the Head! Yah yah yah.. yah. yah yah yah...

I love how cute this is, but then I remember the time period, and think if they ever have kids they'll probably die in WW2. Thanks U.S.A way to ruin a good story.

arimareiji said......My personal preference: "Boob to the Head!"  :P

Heard that on the Dr Demeto show..... :)

Heard that on the Dr Demeto show..... :)

I love how cute this is, but then I remember the time period, and think if they ever have kids they'll probably die in WW2. Thanks U.S.A way to ruin a good story.

yuzu is going to be super jealous or be extremely grateful to kotori's bro to get that expression out of Kimihiko hahaha 

Very moe

Spoiler

extremely moe

Very moe

Spoiler

Ok look. I know it's an eyelash but come on... I couldn't help but think it was a nipple first.

This calls for a caption contest. (^_~)

My personal preference: "Boob to the Head!"  :P

(old comedy skit)

Ok look. I know it's an eyelash but come on... I couldn't help but think it was a nipple first.

0bee43dc0a.png

I'm still going to believe that's a nipple.

So, Kotori is a guy?

is it wrong to want yuzu to be the wife and ryo the mistress?

Bride's Tale ftw. (^_~) Also,

image response

Then his father fell into a hole, no one bothered looking for him and everyone else lived happily ever after.

THE END.

Worth repeating. *applause*

But in which direction?

Double reverse trap, Hana Kimi style, ftw. (^_~) But please don't let this mean we suddenly get flooded with shounen-ai material...

(To anyone about to wax didactic because NO IT'S A DEMOGRAPHIC IT'S ALWAYS A DEMOGRAPHIC, please let it rest. I'm not changing a manga's categories or any similar nonsense, and I'm not hurting you in any fashion, so please just let it rest.)

I really, really wanna see what rankings this series was pulling when it was running on the magazine. Also, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed, Saotome-Senshu Hitakakusu, and this one...Is it just me or has there been a HUGE sudden influx of feel good vanilla romance manga?

That's an interesting thought. Whatever rankings it was getting, I suspect it deserved better. ^_^  And if your feeling is true, I'm glad. A lot of people are in pain these days, and vanilla can be more healing than a doctor's visit. (Unless it's Tamako, wink wink.)

blessings of the great

Shortstack.

Possibly-accidental juxtaposition is fun. ^_^

This manga heals my soul

Well, of course! Look at the manga-ka's first name! (^_~)

Semi-seriously, Kodocha aka Kodomo no Omocha (first the anime then the manga, each of which is lovable in its own way) got me through a really rough period. I've loved the name Sana since then.

I want a oppai loli hug. :(

Also those old uniforms were so fucking cool.

This manga heals my soul
Like I knew she was bad, but WTF is wrong with sister?! Like that's some next level effed up shit and I hope she gets her comeuppance.

And a potential bro arrives!

0bee43dc0a.png

But in which direction?

Yes

LaJ9Kmo.gif

no, it's not

LaJ9Kmo.gif

But in which direction?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics