Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 399votes)

Taishou Otome Otogibanashi

Alt Names: alt 大正処女御伽話alt タイシャウヲトメおとぎばなしalt 타이 샤 오토메 동화/다이쇼시대 소녀 전래동화alt Taishou Wotome Otogibanashialt Сказка о девушке эпохи Тайсё
Author: Kirioka Sana
Artist: Kirioka Sana
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaHistorical HistoricalRomance RomanceShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: In this story set in the early 1920s, Tamahiko is the son of a wealthy family, but his life is changed forever when an accident cripples his right arm. No longer considered by his father as an heir, he is shuffled off into the country, to live out of sight. The teenage Tamahiko shuts himself in his new home, bitterly thinking of it as the place where he will die. One day, he learns that his father has 'bought' him a bride to take care of him, when the young teen girl named Yuzuki arrives at his door. She comes into his life like an innocent ray of sunshine, and Tamahiko's view of the world and his life starts changing bit-by-bit...
Go to Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic How much is the debt nowadays? New Window Ryoumiya
  • 1 Replies
Topic What is "botchan"? New Window truepurple
  • 8 Replies
Topic And this is just the beginning New Window jrandom42
  • 2 Replies

822 Comments

The author spends fucking 80% of the content being cutesy SoL, romance or PTSD recovery so he should just stick to that.

He should have spent 50% or more on that family politics crap if he wants to take it in that direction, especially the earliest chapters, where it felt mostly like an excuse plot.

Say whatever the fuck you want about historical accuracy or writing conventions but this is just sour. One could easily lose the drama with little loss to the quality of the series. He could have left it as an background excuse plot and ended the series after PSTD recovery or milk it as drama-less SoL for a while, but clearly he or the editors don't want that.

Some one get that long ass NO gif !

https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

I wonder if she is going to visit her parents.

NANI THE FUCK

Truck-san have mercy!

This manga is trying to kill me. And twice already.

First, it tries to get you with sugar overload, then just when you're about to reach the point of bliss, it throws a nasty sucker punch to the gut out of nowhere.

That cliffhanger!!!!(╯`□´)╯︵ ┻━┻ I won't let them be apart from each other!!

I had a feeling something's gonna happen. There were too many panels with a dark background...

Dear mangaka, stop doing this to me! T-T

that old "tragedy" tag makes sense now

damn you, author

Geh, I said this a few months ago:

If father giveth Yuzu, surely father taketh her away too...

All this heartwarming stuff is a lie. A lie I tell you. 

My assumptions about the why isn't the same (since he probably has a use for Tamahiko again and Yuzu is no longer "appropriate"...), but I'm pretty sure I was right about the who.

]:< I'm certain the father is behind this.
I thought I saw an English measurement used in the chapter? I did, I did saw an English measurement used in the chapter. The manga has been using some old jap measurements that it kinda surprised me.

That man gives no shits about his family, his son is barely in the grave and he's already moving to replace him.

Drama doesn't have to be completely artificial. The earthquake was something that made perfect sense to introduce drama. But what I can't stand is when characters do things that make absolutely no sense and that no sane person would do because the author needs drama. Every time a situation like this comes up the person forced to leave seems deathly allergic to giving any explanation at all and writes the most vague letter conceivable. I'm tired of seeing it over and over.

You can't possibly expect this story to end without ever confronting the Shima family problem.

One of the biggest themes of this series from the beginning is that you can't just stay cuddled in your own bubble without confronting anything.

I can't wait for the edits of the omake page where Yuzu's height is labeled as 5'11"

And then out of nowhere ...

Ccdv3Qp.gif

Thanks for the gif!

Well I already know how it ends (and anyone can predict it, it's simple), so I'm wondering what this curveball is about.

I assume it was his father, but why bother?

here comes the avalanche!

And then out of nowhere ...

Ccdv3Qp.gif

Calling it now the Father has other potential marriage candidates.

Yuzu was a throw-away in his eyes and now that Tamahiko is the heir... well it's obvious.

I really can't see it being Yuzu doing this by herself but I guess it's possible.

WTF WHIT THAT LAST PAGE ... HOLY ****

That cat needs to be disposed of.

Lol, it seemed like the end of the manga, when suddenly!

Some one get that long ass NO gif !

Why don't people understand that drama happens for the sake of story? You need to broaden your horizons.

Drama doesn't have to be completely artificial. The earthquake was something that made perfect sense to introduce drama. But what I can't stand is when characters do things that make absolutely no sense and that no sane person would do because the author needs drama. Every time a situation like this comes up the person forced to leave seems deathly allergic to giving any explanation at all and writes the most vague letter conceivable. I'm tired of seeing it over and over.

Oi oi oi.... Author, what are you planning here....

I was tearing up by the end and we have this cliffhanger...

...On a side note, sadistic Tamahiko was nice to see...

Spoiler

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics