Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.37 - 81votes)

Life Howling

Alt Names: alt 라이프 하울링
Author: Sung Sang-Young
Artist: Chang-Ah
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasySeinen SeinenShounen ShounenSupernatural SupernaturalTragedy TragedyWebtoon Webtoon
Type: Manhwa (Korean)
Description: Raw: http://comico.toast.com/titles/119
Go to Life Howling Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
No topics has been found for this comic.

104 Comments

Spoiler

I see, I thought he only bought the mace, but I guess it just didn't show him buying the guns.  

PS: If I were looking for a way to survive, I would look for invis/stealth spells.  They're useful in game and real life! Also, would consider setting traps since it is the safest way to get kills (like that forest fire).

Spoiler

Spoiler

randomly read ch 24. Kinda feels like the Gamer. I don't want to read The Gamer mk2, as I am already struggling in wanting to keep reading The Gamer =0\. Could I get a brief comparison? Are is it just more of the same?

Author is the same, that's for sure

Dude! You just straight-up murdered those orcs without even making an attempt to communicate with them first, simply because of the color of their skin!
Not cool. Seriously, if he'd shot the bear first there's a chance the orcs would have been allies.
(It'd be amusing if the game didn't award him any points for them because they weren't supposed to be enemies.)

To be fair, our MC only had the element of surprise on his side. He noted that against non-undead he has a disadvantage. Against a horde of orcs, he would most likely die if they decided to all attack him simultaneously.

I thought the same way as you at first, but this game world is not friendly. Three players have already been killed. So far, every creature has tried to kill on sight. There's little reason to suspect that the orcs are friendly and to take the risk of talking to them.

Subverted hero/quest tropes and ridiculously overpowered (read: invincible + plot armour) main characters have become so common that it's easy to forget that a single mistake can kill. This cast do not have the leeway to take excessive risks.
Dude! You just straight-up murdered those orcs without even making an attempt to communicate with them first, simply because of the color of their skin!

Not cool. Seriously, if he'd shot the bear first there's a chance the orcs would have been allies.

(It'd be amusing if the game didn't award him any points for them because they weren't supposed to be enemies.)

He bought the gun inside the game. Probably at the end of Ch22. He even mentioned in an earlier chapter, that buying guns in Korea was next to impossible.

As for the goblins, I agree that he shouldn't've killed them right away. He should've let them kill the bear first, and then take them out.

You know one way they wouldn't be separated...go to sleep together.  Just in case, they should hold each other...maybe even...connect...

Also:

Spoiler

randomly read ch 24. Kinda feels like the Gamer. I don't want to read The Gamer mk2, as I am already struggling in wanting to keep reading The Gamer =0\. Could I get a brief comparison? Are is it just more of the same?

Well, it's similar to The Gamer, but instead of one person having the ability, the ability is forced onto a group of people, effectively trapping them in a situation where they fight or die.

Bear in mind, seeing those purple orcs die was unbearable.

2 puns using the same word is a little overbearing.
Bear in mind, seeing those purple orcs die was unbearable.

It's already night and they haven't changed to more rugged clothing? And speaking of night, since their adventure time starts at 2 am, it's basically the night shift.  So shouldn't they get some sleep during the day?  Or is there some sort of time dilation?

It bothers me how she has only part of her shirt tucked into her shorts. IDK what kind of style that is supposed to be, but it looks ridiculous with the shirt hanging over the sides. Plz author, untuck the shirt. I'm fine with it even if it is a shirt so long that it looks like she's wearing nothing under it. Or tuck it all in and give her a sporty look.

MC: Are you going outside like that?

Girl1: No.  *puts on a light vest*

me:  -_-;;   Really though... tuck it in all the way, or leave it completely untucked, the half-assed shit just looks sloppy.  

:batoto_010:

Hope, the MMA idea isn't dead now. Could be fun.

well his irl money problems are definitely solved now

Omg. They might live together... I SHIP IT!

I'm loving this, and I kind of want for them to get an area like Dark Souls next time they get pulled into a dungeon. I want dem breathe taking scenes while they get to the bosses.

Getting your arm cut off for a girl you like

...still beta

I was going to point that out, yeah.  Those are pretty good abs for a sales clerk who never seems to exercise.

You forget that Korea has military conscription for all males aged 18 to 35. If you're in college, you get a free pass until after you graduate, but are then assigned to training and a few years (I don't know exactly) of military service. You can stay with the military or become a reservist afterwards, which is what the MC is.

So, the fact that the MC is trained in military survival techniques and is physically fit is not unusual. The fact he has a 6-pack is hollywood-ish, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's not exercising or "the strongest" compared to the rest of his group. It's very possible for him to maintain that physique for a couple of years (especially if he does regular workouts and bi-weekly reserve training until the age of 35; or if he has just finished his mandatory service period, which is most likely considering he's at an entry-level/temp position).

"I am average in everything" *takes off shirt* *blinds everyone with abs from god*

I was going to point that out, yeah.  Those are pretty good abs for a sales clerk who never seems to exercise.

Guy in a MMORPG Manhwa #83

But hey... at least he got a mace, not a sword. That's Original, right?

You forget his common sense, preparations and the fact he is actually testing stuff for in the future. Though I expect the beta males to die a horrible death soon.

edit, It's from the same author/artist The Gamer, maybe he learned from his past mistakes but rather then throwing out his current paycheck he started another manga on the side?

I was getting excited to see some PVP...

Oh well, maybe later...

Spoiler

Also, at the end of chapter 9 it says Passed the third test, but in chapter 11 it says Completed the second test.  Is there an explanation of what "test" means?

Every day he survives counts as a test. I assume mistranslation

I like this more then the gamer.
Priest acting as warrior, huh. Anybody else watching Grimgar this season? :/

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics