Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.08 - 390votes)

The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life

Alt Names: alt 効率厨魔導師、第二の人生で魔導を極めるalt Kouritsu Kuriya Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwamerualt Kouritsuchuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwamerualt The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life
Author: Kenkyona Circle
Artist: Asakawa Keiji
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaEcchi EcchiFantasy FantasyHarem HaremRomance RomanceShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Zeff Einstein spent his whole life mastering red magic and was finally recognized for it, yet a new spell that was soon created revealed that his talent for red magic was his lowest. Bitter at the thought of all his wasted effort, he creates a spell to send his old self back in time to his younger body and together with the determined "genius" mage Milly and the handsome swordswoman Claude, he intends to master magic more efficiently this time.
Go to The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic any other manga like this? like the edge of tomorrow? New Window PieceOfSchmittGames
  • 9 Replies
Topic The Mage Will Master Magic Efficiently In His Second Life LN New Window Nefrytone
  • 9 Replies

512 Comments

Well look at it more as taking on a level 10 boss at level 5 it will be harder than facing it at level 8 by a lot since hits take more and and damage is less

If I'm not wrong, the Undead wasn't supposed to be there.in the first place. If I'm wrong then dang it!

...anyone else feel that for being the boss of the first dungeon, it is WAY too OP?

I swear, it is looking more like it was actually the secret boss of the secret dungeon.

Well look at it more as taking on a level 10 boss at level 5 it will be harder than facing it at level 8 by a lot since hits take more and and damage is less

Undead king: how dare you flirt in front of my very eyes

The light novel actually explains that person actually did surpass him in potential and power

No. He only had more potential and didn't surpass him in anything.

...anyone else feel that for being the boss of the first dungeon, it is WAY too OP?

I swear, it is looking more like it was actually the secret boss of the secret dungeon.

The light novel actually explains that person actually did surpass him in potential and power, that's why they said more "efficiently"

Although that doesn't really seem to "justify" how the story seems to hand-wave away a bloody time-travel spell, which is probably the most OP thing one can use next to illusion magic.
"He was told he's a scrub and wasn't worth his salt anymore. Being ashamed of his lowly potential, he flipped off the universe and broke away from the linearity of causation by casually creating a time-travel spell. And for some reason, he still feels like a complete failure. I think the moral of the story was lost somewhere between the lines."
Among the web-stories I read, this one is among he most forced of plot-starters...Which revealed itself to not be too surprising, seeing how the author kept using game mechanics to build his world for no particular reason.

Say no to Durotar/Stormwind guild invites! Cute gm does not equall skills! :P

That was a slightly different series of events from what happened in the novels, but holds true to the style of this manga. (It has been a while since I read the books, so feel free to call me on it if I'm wrong.) It's a little less realistic (hah, "realistic" in fantasy) but quite charming and shounen in nature. Raising the emotional level is a good fit for this medium, and making Milly even cuter is a good way to keep me invested in the manga instead of just jumping back to the novel.
It's still nothing remarkable, but I'm still enjoying this quite a bit. Thanks for your work as always /ak/, your series never disappoint.

It's not passive, you have to use it. Also, it's originally from FFVII (FFVI, if you count Desperation Attack).

sorry all FF fans if I say anything stupid, I was born 1994, and first time and first FF that I ever seen is FFVIII when I was 5 years old.

And I fall in love with its graphic / cut scenes.

I don't know it original from FFVII and isn't it only "Limit" not "Limit Break" that we must save point until full to use only 1 atk ?

FFVI Desperation Attack ? I wasn't even born yet. :P  Sorry I don't even know that name.

FFIX trance is also save point and trance right when we full.

FF X Overdrive is also save point full to use only 1 atk again like FFVII.

In my mind, I only remember FF VIII is called "Limit break" and is easiest to use, only need critical condition to use, no learning or requirement.

So... Out of where did he pull that magic? Why didn't he use it earlier? 

He is specifically avoiding red fire spells because he has already mastered them in his past life, as his new goal is to master other magic paths that he has better potential in.  He is using the spells now out of desperation.

You know reading it again at the beginning of the chapter 7 the premise is still as stupid as ever. Nobody would immediately fire someone who was the best and presumably still is the best because some gadget showed them that he had exhausted his potential in the discipline and that someone had more but as of yet not actualized potential. Sure they would start grooming the one with high potential, but the accomplishments of someone who was considered the best don't suddenly disappear because you discover a magical way to see skill caps.

The light novel actually explains that person actually did surpass him in potential and power, that's why they said more "efficiently"

Boy, "eye" sure didn't see that one coming.

GTFO
Boy, "eye" sure didn't see that one coming.

Limit break.

A passive skill in Final Fanstasy 8, if you are in critical condition (red or yellow HP) after phoenix down / life to revive, you can use as many Limit Break as you want and it's Over Power. I always leave Squall  in critical condition to Limit Break, 2 other party member only to revive him.

It's not passive, you have to use it. Also, it's originally from FFVII (FFVI, if you count Desperation Attack).

You know reading it again at the beginning of the chapter 7 the premise is still as stupid as ever. Nobody would immediately fire someone who was the best and presumably still is the best because some gadget showed them that he had exhausted his potential in the discipline and that someone had more but as of yet not actualized potential. Sure they would start grooming the one with high potential, but the accomplishments of someone who was considered the best don't suddenly disappear because you discover a magical way to see skill caps.

Unless the "public reason" is not exactly the "real reason" for him being banned. We've already had a bit of suspicion that the Magic Society may not exactly be on the "up and up" due to this: http://vatoto.com/reader#4a0411cbef300c5b_43

Perhaps, the magic association takes the research of mages *kills them*  (via "accident") and then brings some "hidden unknown talent" to "discover" that ability which allows the Magic Association to be the one to take the lions share of the glory (and marketing) of said ability. Basically they are stealing the research of others and passing it off as their own.

Limit break.

A passive skill in Final Fanstasy 8, if you are in critical condition (red or yellow HP) after phoenix down / life to revive, you can use as many Limit Break as you want and it's Over Power. I always leave Squall  in critical condition to Limit Break, 2 other party member only to revive him.

It happens more frequently than you would think :(

Indeed. Sounds like a metaphor for old experienced workers who are fired to hire cheaper and younger substitutes who are also faster at learning new skills.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think he/she/other is referring to ones where mc goes back in time not ones where he gets reincarnated in another universe(restart as opposed to fresh start). So more like Tsuyokute New Saga and to a lesser extent Mujaki no Rakuen (not fantasy and not allowed on batoto).

But yes, go to forum. Better luck there.

Or the xianxia: Tales of demons & gods

somebody please go call shin and schnee or maybe ainz ooal gown to deal with this LoD... or else we will never see the end of this... good grief...

It happens more frequently than you would think :(

MidoriKitzune
May 28 2016 10:11 AM

The qouted trump card..... which is to risky to use yet.

But "meh" ... it#s the MC what do we expect. Typical OPness.

In the novel, I think he actually did the whole fight with that magic and the magic amp.

And the fight wasn't this epic :P

He probably didn't use it in the manga because (of plot convenience) it uses too much MP or something like that.

Well, a part of his goal was to heal Milly's PTSD, so he might have wanted to start slowly because of that.

It's end so fast and in cliffhanging ending too. 

Not sure if you've already gotten replies but in any case: google "reincarnation manga reddit" and look at the first couple of entries.

more like first couple pages.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics